Wanna feel REALLY old, REALLY fast? Watch this...

Before I had my problems with my hip and we ate out all the time we were getting compromised cards constantly.
It seemed like every two months we had to cancel cards.
Now that we dont go out it's stopped completely.
When I was young, I had been a server. I can tell you, servers always prefer cash, always.

Tips in cash, can't be tracked by Uncle Sam, so. . . they don't really have to file taxes on those. Plus they get paid at the end of the night. Some places will give servers their credit card tips at the end of the night, some will wait and add them to the pay check.

Cash is definitely KING.

I always pay cash when I go out to eat, which is rare. . . It is only polite to your server.

Yeah, Chinese bootlickers aren't treated very well. But you have never ordered pizza delivered?

I find that very hard to belive.

I phone 6 huh. SLOW....
Interestingly enough, since I have no smart phone, a lot of these delivery services won't deliver to me.

So. . . I have less pizza places that will deliver to me. I can't even get Little Ceasar's to deliver to me, b/c I don't have a smart device to use a delivery service and pay digitally.

:sigh2:

Interestingly enough, since I have no smart phone, a lot of these delivery services won't deliver to me.

So. . . I have less pizza places that will deliver to me. I can't even get Little Ceasar's to deliver to me, b/c I don't have a smart device to use a delivery service and pay digitally.

:sigh2:

Every pizza joint in Northern Nevada will happily deliver to anyplace via phone call.
I even had them deliver to a GPS coordinate one time out by Moon Rocks off of Pyramid Highway.

That was an expensive pizza! I prepaid for the delivery, AND gave a nice tip!

Only thing I miss about the movie theaters is the popcorn.
They spoiled that years ago when some busy-body discovered that they cooked movie-house popcorn in COCONUT OIL! (HORRORS!) Since coconut oil is high in cholesterol, they decided to "save us from ourselves" and ban it's use in theaters even though we MIGHT only consume it a couple of times a month...at MOST!

I now just bite the bullet, pay the five dollar surcharge for the pre-paid debit card, and use those. Nothing I buy on-line is ever connected to my Credit Union anymore.

That's what I do if there is something I can only get online, get a pre-paid card and use that. We're getting banged for the card fees anyway, since they just mark up all prices by the 3% or whatever on everything. A few places will give discounts for using cash, but very few around here. People who complain about inflation should start whining about that, too, and start demanding the fees be removed from the cash price. That would be a snap with the computerized registers they have now.

Sure. Why wouldn't anyone? Why would I throw away a perfectly fine working alarm clock? Having all your needs centralized on a smartphone just means that:
  1. All you need is for ONE THING to break or malfunction to have all aspects of your life screwed up!
  2. All they need is to CONTROL one thing and they run your life.

My main calendar is on the wall of my kitchen. I also carry a pocket calendar and what we used to call an address book in my purse. There will never be a smart anything in my home. Life is possible without the Holy Glowing Rectangle.

When I was young, I had been a server. I can tell you, servers always prefer cash, always.

Tips in cash, can't be tracked by Uncle Sam, so. . . they don't really have to file taxes on those. Plus they get paid at the end of the night. Some places will give servers their credit card tips at the end of the night, some will wait and add them to the pay check.

Cash is definitely KING.

I always pay cash when I go out to eat, which is rare. . . It is only polite to your server.

Sure. Back when minimum wage was $4/hr, we all lived on our tips.

They spoiled that years ago when some busy-body discovered that they cooked movie-house popcorn in COCONUT OIL! (HORRORS!) Since coconut oil is high in cholesterol, they decided to "save us from ourselves" and ban it's use in theaters even though we MIGHT only consume it a couple of times a month...at MOST!

And since then, the joke's been on us when they discovered that the medium chain triglycerides in coconut oil are healthier than shit!

2170421_01

My hubby used to demand his popcorn be covered in half butter/ half coconut oil when I made it at home.

Sure. Back when minimum wage was $4/hr, we all lived on our tips.

I rented an apt. and made payments on car and supported myself through college on minimum wage working 36 hours a week. That's why I laugh at these morons who snivel about raising it to match real inflation. Hey, if you want to pay Red Chinese wages move to Red China.

I rented an apt. and made payments on car and supported myself through college on minimum wage working 36 hours a week. That's why I laugh at these morons who snivel about raising it to match real inflation.

As food prices go up with inflation, the cost of dining does as well and I think they still calculate tips by a percentage of the bill. At least I do. Actual hourly wage is inconsequential, and the ones whining about needing $15/hr are the ones whose service ethic is so shitty that their tips are poor to match.

Hell, I even tip tradesmen who come to my home -- the guy who inspects the furnace or hangs the new blinds or changes the water filters -- because I live in a non-union state.

QUESTION: Do people still give a gratuity to your mail carriers and UPS drivers at Christmas time? Especially since Amazon and "covid" got us all hooked on mail order, they work so much harder. I live in a very small town so I always have the same UPS guy and mail carriers and I always make sure they know how appreciated they are. Remember when we all got the paper delivered and the milkman came every week? The got tipped at Christmas too.

Yeah, Chinese bootlickers aren't treated very well. But you have never ordered pizza delivered?

I find that very hard to belive.

I phone 6 huh. SLOW....

I have never had a pizza delivered
I prefer to drive the mile and grab it just out of the oven than wait an hour or more

My IPhone does what it has to do

As food prices go up with inflation, the cost of dining does as well and I think they still calculate tips by a percentage of the bill. At least I do. Actual hourly wage is inconsequential, and the ones whining about needing $15/hr are the ones whose service ethic is so shitty that their tips are poor to match.

Most food places don't have tip jars, or even waitresses.

I've never felt SO old, SO fast, within just 10 minutes.
GAH!!!

Never really realized either, just how much technology and gadgets have been replaced with the "smart phone".

What was greater? Electricity or smart phone. I’d have to say electricity was the biggest game changer.

Like, I could live if we went back to no cell phones. I’d hate it but i could deal with that. But no electricity?

I have never had a pizza delivered
I prefer to drive the mile and grab it just out of the oven than wait an hour or more

My IPhone does what it has to do
I very rarely have it delivered. The only time I do is when we’re on the boat. Our local pizza place brings it right to the dock.

Most food places don't have tip jars, or even waitresses.

I generally don't dine in places that serve your food through a window, so yeah, I admit that I don't think about that much.

But yeah, lots of those windows do have tip jars. I just went through one with a friend and she put a dollar tip in the jar when she was served her $10 coffee drink. LOL!!!!!

I generally don't dine in places that serve your food through a window, so yeah, I admit that I don't think about that much.

But yeah, lots of those windows do have tip jars. I just went through one with a friend and she put a dollar tip in the jar when she was served her $10 coffee drink. LOL!!!!!

LOL

I used to live thru drive-thrus.
I can't afford it anymore. Hell, I can barely afford rent anymore.

Forum List

Back