Want to show intolerance?...Act like Pamela Geller

Ms. Geller is a media whore....There's no other way to describe the "why" an event is sponsored to simply irk Islamists, and then go on every media outlet that would have you to be incensed that such an event is controversial.

We all know that for Muslims the depiction of the prophet Mohammed is an anathema...that stated, why would anyone want to show that they can openly insult another faith and then demand impunity? Do the Gellers of the world simply wish to show that they can be as intolerant as anyone within an open society?

There's no other way to condone such behavior, except to wish that your ugly face and moronic reasoning be plastered all over the media for personal and selfish gain.

Of course you would object to some promoting an American value such as free speech. I haven't seen you condemning those who chose to slander Christians and other faiths, why should Muslims be special?

Ms. Geller is a media whore....There's no other way to describe the "why" an event is sponsored to simply irk Islamists, and then go on every media outlet that would have you to be incensed that such an event is controversial.

We all know that for Muslims the depiction of the prophet Mohammed is an anathema...that stated, why would anyone want to show that they can openly insult another faith and then demand impunity? Do the Gellers of the world simply wish to show that they can be as intolerant as anyone within an open society?

There's no other way to condone such behavior, except to wish that your ugly face and moronic reasoning be plastered all over the media for personal and selfish gain.
Do you believe in freedom of speech or not? It does not matter if Muslims get offended. If we are going to ban offensive speech, then we are no longer free.

Christians are often offended when those who hate them speak poorly of them, but they do not resort to violence.

You should be condemning violence.

I AM condemning violence.......and any attempt to evoke and provoke such acts of violence......I don't expect for you to stand by "tolerant" if I practive my own free speech and call your mother ...well, you know what.

Liberals encourage violence as long as that violence is directed against the enemies of liberals. Whites, Christians, conservatives, republicans, liberals have a lot of enemies.

We're entering the first stages of civil war. Blood is being spilled for political gain.

I don't condone the event and the people that attended, but at the same time no one should have to fear violence for using freedom of speech and expression in a public forum, let alone a private event.

Pam Geller is a bigoted Americunt. Her next event will be a "Negro Art and Cartoon Contest" to be held in Selma, Alabama. Top prize to go to the artist who draws the biggest lips.

So, you didn't slam republicans as being anti-art, or intolerant for wanting to pull the funding for that "horrible insensitive and stupid show"?
Do you think Jesus was proud of the winner of the most offensive anti-Islamic cartoon? You ever wonder if maybe longstanding bigoted shit like that from some of his more ignorant asshole bleevers is how he ended up in a glass of piss?

As for how I felt about Piss Christ way back in the 80s, I was opposed to federal taxpayer dollars being used to fund that turd.

Now what do you have to say about that? I guess your not-so-clever straw man/tu quoque ploy just blew up in your face, eh?

[/QUOTE]

Of course you would object to some promoting an American value such as free speech. I haven't seen you condemning those who chose to slander Christians and other faiths, why should Muslims be special?[/QUOTE]

Well, as usual you practice your stupidity in assuming that I would tolerate and NOT condemn what some Muslims do to Christians...

All I'm getting at is that to sink to the same level shows that you ARE at the same level.

CELNtUeWoAAWlsq.png

Of course you would object to some promoting an American value such as free speech.

Only a tard bleevs that was an event about free speech.

It was an anti-Islam hate fest, and organized and promoted as such. It was about as much a "free speech" event as a Klan rally.

So, you didn't slam republicans as being anti-art, or intolerant for wanting to pull the funding for that "horrible insensitive and stupid show"?[/QUOTE]

Nah, you have the wrong person......

All I'm getting at is the WHY any American would want to show that they can be just as intolerant and offensive as radical Muslims.[/QUOTE]

I think you need to get your scales recalibrated if you think one equals the other.

Note: quote function malfunctioned didn't separate the posts.

Do you believe in freedom of speech or not? It does not matter if Muslims get offended. If we are going to ban offensive speech, then we are no longer free.

Christians are often offended when those who hate them speak poorly of them, but they do not resort to violence.

You should be condemning violence.

I AM condemning violence.......and any attempt to evoke and provoke such acts of violence......I don't expect for you to stand by "tolerant" if I practive my own free speech and call your mother ...well, you know what.

If you do it to that person's face, that is fighting words.

and what you are promoting is the mob's veto, which means that you want people to knuckle under when threatened with violence.

Of course you would object to some promoting an American value such as free speech.

It was an anti-Islam hate fest, and organized and promoted as such. It was about as much a "free speech" event as a Klan rally.

A Klan rally IS free speech, and the price we pay for a free society.

So, you didn't slam republicans as being anti-art, or intolerant for wanting to pull the funding for that "horrible insensitive and stupid show"?[/QUOTE]

All I'm getting at is the WHY any American would want to show that they can be just as intolerant and offensive as radical Muslims.[/QUOTE]

How is what was done in any way offensive? Ya wanna know what's offensive? Lopping people's heads off for the crime of being gay.

The event may have been gratuitous and empty of artistic or social meaning, but so are wrestling and the Super Bowl.
There are certainly ways to 'condone' it, however. For one, criticism is challenge, and challenge tends to either improve or eliminate. Any religion that cannot take free speech and dissent is so weak as to be laughable. Any God it proposes to represent does not qualify for the noun.
This isn't reserved to Islam. Christians can be just as violent in defense of imagined injury. 'The Last Temptation of Christ' received a lot of flack, for example. There were even bombs at cinemas.
These 'extremists' that everyone is so ready to say represent Islam represent only their own distorted vision of life, not Islam. We wouldn't believe anything else they said, so why believe this? They are at war with 90% of those who think of themselves as Moslem, but who these dregs of humanity call 'apostate'. They are merely bloodthirsty goons drunk on testosterone and gunpowder.
People have their icons and holy principles. If Moslems hold some things holy, they have as much right as anyone. If others hold free speech holy, it is just as holy.

Wait, what? Cartoonist draw. Radical Muslims murder. No question which is more intolerant and offensive. At least to me no drawing is so offensive that murdered justified.[/QUOTE]

Well, you're right.....we send in the drones, instead.[/QUOTE]

Your comments offend me...shall I go Jihad on you?

That's exactly what free speech is about, if all we could utter are niceties, free speech wouldn't mean much would it?

A Klan rally IS free speech, and the price we pay for a free society.
A Klan rally is PROTECTED by free speech.

But it is first and foremost a hate fest by bigots, just like Pam Geller's event.

Yeah, we have free speech in our country....But such didn't stop the smashing of heads in Selma...or the killing of students at Kent State....

You may have noticed that individual rights seem to stop for right wingers when it comes to a woman's right to choose or two gays getting married.

Free speech does not equate to intentional vulgarity (well, maybe on this forum its the norm.)

When the press broadcast the images of Selma, the winds of change started blowing. Same thing with KSU, images of that girl crying in agony over one of the innocent victims was also very powerful.

What do you think of the widespread consensus on the Left at the time that the REpublicans were being intolerant because they didn't want to use tax payer money to support such offensive speech?

Forum List

Back