War With Syria: Yea Or Nay?

Do You Support War With Syria?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Looks like it's going to happen. But it's still worth checking out what USMB thinks.

You are asking the wrong question. I do not support getting heavily involved in the Syrian Civil War given that the rebels have deep ties with Al Quada. But, the use of chemical weapons is a separate issue that must be addressed. Whether Assad wins or loses, he cannot be allowed to use chemical weapons without being punished. It would set a dangerous precedent in world affairs. It would lessen the taboo of resorting to WMD and would make the world a far more dangerous place.

So a Cruise Missile strike to punish Assad for the chemical weapons use is justified and should prevent Assad from ever used the Chemicals again given the cost he would sustain in using them. It would be counterproductive for him.

So the question you should be asking is this. Do you support a United States Cruise Missile strike to punish Assad for using Chemical Weapons?

All out war? NO

Destroy in a surgical way the chemical facilities so these savages can not use them again? YES

Those chemical facilities are in Russia. The stockpiles are (most likely) in hardened bunkers 100-200 feet down in Syria. Remember, there is an 80-20%
certainty that those weapons came from plants within Russia

Are you one of Bibi's boys posting bullshit for Shekels?!?!?!?!

What the hell are you talking about?

Who Supplied Syria With Chemical Weapons?

if we, excuse me OBAMA attacks, syria will probably go after Israel, right? how do you think Israel would respond? nukes!

You're close, but it's much bigger.

:eusa_eh:

It's all about what Miley Cyrus wore during her VMA performance?

Miley Cyrus For Prez

tumblr_ms5opkvyjf1qzwh14o2_500.gif

:eusa_shifty:

She'd get my vote based on tongue-length alone.

if we, excuse me OBAMA attacks, syria will probably go after Israel, right? how do you think Israel would respond? nukes!

Sadly and frightening, nukes will be the very last resort..... and I don't think we are at that stage....yet....

In any case Israel would never be the first to start a nuclear war, Iran is more likely to do it, either by proxy in its sneaky way, or just up front. I don't trust the Iranian Regime.

Sadly and frightening, nukes will be the very last resort..... and I don't think we are at that stage....yet....

In any case Israel would never be the first to start a nuclear war, Iran is more likely to do it, either by proxy in its sneaky way, or just up front. I don't trust the Iranian Regime.

Are you kidding ? If Israel was in danger of going down in defeat they would use a nuke in a heart beat. That's what they are for.

All out war? NO

Destroy in a surgical way the chemical facilities so these savages can not use them again? YES

This is about what I am thinking will happen.

Can't happen from the air - Chemical agents will be dispersed into the air. The ONLY way to destroy the stockpiles is to put "boots on the ground" in the form of Special Operators.

All out war? NO

Can't happen from the air - Chemical agents will be dispersed into the air. The ONLY way to destroy the stockpiles is to put "boots on the ground" in the form of Special Operators.

Obama said over the weekend that he will not deploy ground forces.

Are you kidding ? If Israel was in danger of going down in defeat they would use a nuke in a heart beat. That's what they are for.

My opinion - if it comes down to the "last resort" scenario, doesn't really matter who uses them first - all hell is going to unleashed by EVERYBODY.

It would take a LOT for it to actually come to that. Could it happen? You bet. Unfortunately, look at my sig line below. It's called "Armageddon"

Those chemical facilities are in Russia. The stockpiles are (most likely) in hardened bunkers 100-200 feet down in Syria. Remember, there is an 80-20%
certainty that those weapons came from plants within Russia

Are you one of Bibi's boys posting bullshit for Shekels?!?!?!?!

Who Supplied Syria With Chemical Weapons?

How the fuck do they know who supplied and used the gas?

Not until we can at least figure out what side is our side. Right now I don't see either the government or the rebels being any good for us so why not sit back and watch them destroy each other? So far every intervention we have made isn't helping (Libya), the ones we kinda sat out are going to sh*t (Egypt). These people always seem to need to be fighting somebody and right now they are focused on each other so let them have at it. Hell, We can't even prove which side actually did the gas bombings, the rebels could have done it for all we know.

Give me a good reason or at least an acceptable ally in the conflict worth supporting. It's like choosing the Crips or Bloods at this point so support neither.

My opinion - if it comes down to the "last resort" scenario, doesn't really matter who uses them first - all hell is going to unleashed by EVERYBODY.

It would take a LOT for it to actually come to that. Could it happen? You bet. Unfortunately, look at my sig line below. It's called "Armageddon"

Sure seems ripe for Armageddon doesn't it?

It is ridiculous to talk about nuclear attacks at this moment.... a nuclear attack would ensure mutual destruction on all sides and it would be an end of the world scenario.

Despite all the hype, all parties realize this.

We are not the world police.

Stay the fuck out of the middle east and leave them the fuck alone so they'll leave us the fuck alone.

Our government is a fucking bully.

It is ridiculous to talk about nuclear attacks at this moment.... a nuclear attack would ensure mutual destruction on all sides and it would be an end of the world scenario.

Despite all the hype, all parties realize this.

One day someone will not back down. We never know when that time may come.

I just don't get Obama's hard on for Assad.

This alleged attack is bullshit. It's a complete lie. But why go after Assad. I really don't get it. Is it because Assad is educated? Is it...honestly I just don't get it.
But Obama has a mega hard on for him and wants him to fall.

Obama said over the weekend that he will not deploy ground forces.

And I sincerely hope tht he holds to that. My point was that an attack from the air on the sites where chemical weapons are reportedly stored would only accomplish dispersing the agents into the air. Probably do more harm (to civilians) than good.

Why does America want Assad dead?

Let us talk about the elephant in the room. Why does America want to turn over Syria to Al Qaeda and kill Assad?

Forum List

Back