Was Anyone Impressed with Chuck Hagel's Performance?

“Senators are really taken aback that Hagel would refuse to provide financial information about foreign governments and foreign agents that may have been indirectly paying his salary for the last few years,” said one Republican Senate aide who is close to the process. “We are talking about the most sensitive cabinet post—control over our nuclear secrets, our intelligence agencies, our covert activities—and we don’t have a right to know if he’s got IOUs for certain countries or groups?”

Another source close to the confirmation indicated Hagel’s refusal to be transparent could be a game changer for those senators who do not support a filibuster of Hagel’s nomination.

Hagel Vote Delayed | Washington Free Beacon

There's never been a filibuster of a Cabinet nominee in history, and they won't start now.

Frankly, this whole episode shows how crazy the GOP has gotten, that they are eating their own.

Who's own?...Hagel be opposed because of his views, his incompetence and his possible declining mental faculties

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f_Xab2X_Yik]The Worst 80 Seconds of Chuck Hagel's Hearing - YouTube[/ame]

One, no filibuster will occur.

Two, neo-cons now are so powerless they can do nothing about Hagel.

Three, Hagel will be ratified.

Sorry, Hagel is going to be SoD. You Zionazis are going to have to learn to deal

Sorry, Hitler killed all the Jewish persons this world is ever going to tolerate in the 1930s and 1940s with the assistance if not prodding of Haj Amin al-Husseini, Hitler's cheerleader for the wholesale slaughter of the entire European Jewish population during WWII.

Figure out somebody who isn't hostile toward Israel before you pick the next candidate.

And no. I'm not Jewish, and I'm not a Zionist. I grew up a boomer generation Army brat whose father and uncles fought on all fronts in WWII and Korea. Family and friends agreed: we must never again let the forces of hatred slaughter Jewish people. Just because Mahmoud Ahmadinejad kept his mouth shut for 10 minutes while our anti-Israeli administration tries to insert another anti-semite into his frightening slacker attitude toward the issue does not mean he is sincere when he omits wiping Israel off the face of the map, us too if the United States fails to zeig heil.

Please: enough is enough.

There's never been a filibuster of a Cabinet nominee in history, and they won't start now.

Frankly, this whole episode shows how crazy the GOP has gotten, that they are eating their own.

We Republicans do not support the asinine policy of looking the other way when Hamas and Hezbollah shell Israel from child-dense areas that cause child collateral casualties so they can rant and scream inanities at Israel.

You have a problem: we are not going to lay dead for this unfortunate policy of coddling terrorist states against our oldest ally in the region.

We mainstream none neo-con Republicans do support Hagel, oppose Hama and Hezbollah, and will continue to support Israel.

No, but Americans with knowledge of history are. This is not an aisle issue. This is an issue of human conscience, Mr. Starkey.

No, but Americans with knowledge of history are. This is not an aisle issue. This is an issue of human conscience, Mr. Starkey.

Yes, this is an American issue. Mainstream GOP support Hagel and Israel, not neo-conservatism.

We mainstream none neo-con Republicans do support Hagel, oppose Hama and Hezbollah, and will continue to support Israel.
I've been a Republican for over 42 years, Mr. Starkey and have never attended a Tea Party conference. Who do you think you are debating?

I've been a Republican for over 42 years, Mr. Starkey and have never attended a Tea Party conference. Who do you think you are debating?

You are a neo-con, freedombecki, and you do not represent the mainstream GOP. Who do you think you are?

We will support Israel, Hagel, and oppose Hamas and Hezbollah.

You are a neo-con, freedombecki, and you do not represent the mainstream GOP. Who do you think you are?

Sorry. I vote Republican and I know who I'm voting for.

Sorry. I vote Republican and I know who I'm voting for.

I said you were not "mainstream". Hagel will be nominated, Israel will be supported, but neo-con programs are off the table.

Hagel's nomination has been delayed because of the issues of sexual harassment and financial dealings. Evidently Hagel has received some hefty sums of money from foreign interests. In addition to a boys will be boys attitude toward sexual harassment in his staff.

Hagel's nomination has been delayed because of the issues of sexual harassment and financial dealings. Evidently Hagel has received some hefty sums of money from foreign interests. In addition to a boys will be boys attitude toward sexual harassment in his staff.

If those accusations are true and compromising, then he may well not be ratified.

No wonder he refused to give his financial statement to the Senators who requested it. And he is lassez-faire with re to blatant sexual harassment issues?

yep. becki & her incessant sabre-rattling. Her opinions are SO STRONG that she will never hesitate to support optional wars/send other people's kids into harms way :thup: At least when its a Republican who starts the war that is.

C5bbvVP.jpg

Last edited:

yep. becki & her incessant sabre-rattling. Her opinions are SO STRONG that she will never hesitate to support optional wars/send other people's kids into harms way :thup: At least when its a Republican who starts the war that is.

C5bbvVP.jpg

It's better than having a vested interested in the demise of the Jewish nation if you wish to get nasty, Dot Com. It's too bad nothing in your sad little life brought you to the point of valuing issues of world conscience to protect threatened populations from genocide. Israel has endured threats from many Arab nations either directly like Iran's Ahmadinejad, the antithesis of all things Western, or by Proxy, like Syria supplying Hamas and Hazbollah fire power to shell Israel from child-dense neighborhoods sure to get return fire. The United Nations has declared the shellers using people as human shields as those responsible for their deaths, not countries engaging in self defense from the murderers that terrorists are.

Oxymoron you can't support Israel and Hagel...Doesn't work

Pay no attention to Jake, he is no more than a one trick pony and he calls everyone a neo-con.

As for Hagel is no Conservative and thats why Conservtives oppose him depsite Jakey's whining .

Last edited:

Forum List

Back