Strong's H3091 - Yĕhowshuwa`

Outline of Biblical Usage

1.Joshua or Jehoshua = "Jehovah is salvation"

Blue Letter Bible - Lexicon

Strong's G2424 - Iēsous

1.Jesus = "Jehovah is salvation"

Matthew 1:21 * And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name JESUS: for he shall save his people from their sins.

That which defines Yahweh as a God is much different than that which defines Jesus as a god... despite the tendency of Christians to describe them as One.

Jesus did not create the Universe and the Earth. Jesus did not expel Iblis from the ranks of Angels nor did he banish Adam and Eve from Eden. Jesus did not slaughter countless humans in the Old Testament with fire, wind, ice, earth, water, disease, famine, angels of death, wicked spirits, summoning/compelling animals, compelling other humans to commit murder, empowering humans with godlike strength, death by the Ark, etc, etc, ETC!

Jesus did not get angry and destroy 99.9% of humanity in one big ass flood. Jesus did not nuke Sodom and Gomorrah. Jesus did not chill with Moses at the top of a mountain and threaten to destroy all the people that were just freed from Egypt. Jesus did not turn Moses' nephews to ashes for burning the wrong incense. Jesus did not grant Solomon his wish and Jesus did not send his only begotten Son to die for your sins. I can go on.

God/ YHWH/ Allah/ Adonai is a Master of creation and a Master of destruction. God is "perfect" in the sense that God is the most powerful lifeform there is.

Jesus' archetype is more about what you people perceive as "Good"... things like unconditional love, humility, virtue, redemption, sacrifice, forgiveness, deliverance, salvation, happiness...

In the Bible, Jesus is passionate but not so passionate that he goes around consuming people in fire and turning people to ash when he is disrespected or challenged. Jesus instead uses wisdom to spread his positive message to the World, with the occasional Miracles, and looks for the "good" in even the lowest of people, encouraging them to seek redemption.

I believe in Jesus but there are obvious differences between Christ and YHWH... despite whatever connection it is that makes them like "One".
I will strongly disagree with you on that. As I said before, Jesus is Jesus the Christ and He is the Only begotten Son of God. That means there is no other. And Jesus is also ONE in The Holy Trinity. He is the Second Person in the Trinity. And while Jesus deferred some things to His Heavenly Father He was also charged with other things like the salvation of mankind and performed miracles no one else could back then nor now try as they may. So, there is unequivocal Proof in the Holy Bible that Jesus IS indeed God as He and the Father and the Holy Spirit are ONE. As difficult as it might be for you and others to understand that, being as ONE, whatever One does the others also do because they are not separate entities. And Jesus has always lived and existed throughout time in spirit. That is hard for many to understand, that I realize, but that which is spiritual can be hard to understand as we are not dealing with physical, known properties any more. One need go no father than to remember when Jesus said:

"I and My Father Are ONE." -- JOHN 10:30 KJV

In point of fact, Jesus wasn't even Jesus. His given name was Yeshua. 'Jesus' is simply the English form of the Greek 'Ieosus.' Suppose if willing to take liberties with people's names, then ya sure, why not, Jesus was Yahweh. :)

Jesus Look up Jesus at Dictionary.com
late 12c. (Old English used hælend "savior"), from Greek Iesous, which is an attempt to render into Greek the Aramaic proper name Jeshua (Hebrew Yeshua) "Jah is salvation," a common Jewish personal name, the later form of Hebrew Yehoshua (see Joshua).

Online Etymology Dictionary

Bible scholars only.

No.

Yahweh is simply a way of writing the Tetragrammaton with vowels to make it pronounceable. But it's one of many names for God. Jesus was not God. Supposedly he was the Jewish Messiah, though Judaism as a whole rejects this. Even if he was the Messiah, he then would not have been God since the Messiah as defined throughout the OT will be a mortal man. Messiah will not be God.

How can the prophets teach that the Messianic King will be Israel’s sole Ruler and Shepherd who reigns forevermore when Yahweh is supposed to be the only eternal King who shepherds and rules the world forever?

The Messiah as Israel’s God and King

The reading of Jesus is Anglicized.

Strong's H3091 - Yĕhowshuwa`

1.Joshua or Jehoshua = "Jehovah is salvation"

Strong's G2424 - Iēsous

1.Jesus = "Jehovah is salvation"

Matthew 1:21 * And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name JESUS: for he shall save his people from their sins.

And a fine job the Roman Catholic Church did with that!

Jesus cannot be Yahweh. In Isaiah 44:24 it says that Yahweh was alone when he created the heavens and the earth. Matthew 12:18 quotes Isaiah 42:1 which says that Yahweh will send his servant. Who is that servant? It is Jesus.

Now if Yahweh was the one true God (Exodus 20:2-3) who alone created the heavens and the earth and he was the one who was to send his servant (Jesus), then that means that Jesus is not Yahweh. This means that Jesus is not God.

You have misinterpreted.

Thus says the Lord, your Redeemer, who formed you from the womb:
“I am the Lord, who made all things, who alone stretched out the heavens, who spread out the earth by myself,
That means He alone created it, not He was by Himself when He did.
The proof that He wasn't alone while creating, was when He spoke.

Genesis 1:26 Then God said, "Let us make mankind in our image ...

Christ has been with God from the beginning. The Word was with Him and is Him. Nothing would have been created without Christ's involvement. He planned to redeem us before the creating began.

Jesus cannot be Yahweh. In Isaiah 44:24 it says that Yahweh was alone when he created the heavens and the earth. Matthew 12:18 quotes Isaiah 42:1 which says that Yahweh will send his servant. Who is that servant? It is Jesus.

Now if Yahweh was the one true God (Exodus 20:2-3) who alone created the heavens and the earth and he was the one who was to send his servant (Jesus), then that means that Jesus is not Yahweh. This means that Jesus is not God.

No, you have it wrong. There is only one God, who exists as the Trinity: Father, Son, Holy Spirit. Jesus is God.

Last edited:
You have misinterpreted.

“I am the Lord, who made all things, who alone stretched out the heavens, who spread out the earth by myself,

Christ has been with God from the beginning. The Word was with Him and is Him. Nothing would have been created without Christ's involvement. He planned to redeem us before the creating began.

It cannot be "proven" that God was speaking to Jesus when God said that, only assumed.

You have misinterpreted.

It cannot be "proven" that God was speaking to Jesus when God said that, only assumed.
It's just "plural of majesty" or "plural of rank".

Similarly, When Allah in Quran uses the pronoun “We,” it does not mean that Muslims believe in more than one God, because the plural used here is the plural of respect or majesty and not numbers.

This can be clearly seen in the following Quranic verse:

وَمَا أَرْسَلْنَا مِن قَبْلِكَ مِن رَّسُولٍ إِلَّا نُوحِي إِلَيْهِ أَنَّهُ لَا إِلَٰهَ إِلَّا أَنَا فَاعْبُدُونِ
“And We (i.e., Allah) sent not before you (i.e., Muhammad) any messenger except that We revealed to him that, “There is no deity except Me, so worship Me [alone].” (Qur’an, 21:25)​

You have misinterpreted.

Similarly, When Allah in Quran uses the pronoun “We,” it does not mean that Muslims believe in more than one God, because the plural used here is the plural of respect or majesty and not numbers.

وَمَا أَرْسَلْنَا مِن قَبْلِكَ مِن رَّسُولٍ إِلَّا نُوحِي إِلَيْهِ أَنَّهُ لَا إِلَٰهَ إِلَّا أَنَا فَاعْبُدُونِ
“And We (i.e., Allah) sent not before you (i.e., Muhammad) any messenger except that We revealed to him that, “There is no deity except Me, so worship Me [alone].” (Qur’an, 21:25)​

Except that would be out of context for the Bible because God gave Moses the account.

When the God of Abraham used we, He meant we. And for us to know who we is, the Bible provided the answer. Christ was there and so was the Holy Spirit. We don't have to interpret it or guess which noun better fits the circumstances.

No, it is an assumption on your part based in your own interpretation of a select few bible verses.

John 1:3 All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.

If you argue that the verse is talking about God and not Jesus, you are going to get all of the anti-Trinitarians upset who believe Jesus isn't God.

John 1:3 Through him all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made.

You have misinterpreted.

Allah is a false god and Muhammad is a false prophet.

God bless you!

Forum List

Back