Washington Post Bans 'Redskins' From Editorials

Hey how many of these do you have in your wallet?

US_$20_twenty_dollar_bill.jpg

I get your drift, but why be such a hateful racist? Mostly all Native Americans know who Jackson was. I won't describe how I would like to bring him back to life and do to him. It would make ISIS cringe.

He was an evil bastard. People who cheer for Redskins sports teams are not. They see it as a source of pride. You'll never find a Redskins fan who would insult someone by calling them a Redskin. Not because they're sensitive to the controversy of the word, but simply because it's not in any way an insulting term.

I don't know why people are for whatever reason trying to turn it into an insulting term.

Redskins, Redskins, Redskins, Redskins, Redskins,Redskins, Redskins
Childish and inane.

Nah, funny as shit.

No, since Snyder is Jewish, I like Washington Kikes much better.

You miss the whole basis of the problem for Mr. Snyder..... He understands that the minute he changes the name to ANYTHING other than Redskins, his franchise value will be cut in half overnight. He's going to lose somewhere between 40 and 70% of his fan base overnight. His vaunted "season ticket waiting list", second in size only to the Green Bay Packers (supposedly) will disappear overnight.

THERE IS NO POSITIVE FINANCIAL BENEFIT TO CHANGING THE REDSKINS NAME. Get that through your head. It's not going to happen.

If he changes that name the team will have to be sold for a loss within three years and/or could very possibly end up heading to the other coast (Los Angeles).

I doubt a name change would be any where near that devastating to fans. The Stanford University football team changed its name without any problem.

I grew up in Palo Alto the city where Stanford is and do not remember hearing any complaints about the name change.

Stanford Tree - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

From 1930 until 1972, Stanford's sports teams had been known as the Indians, and, during the period from 1951 to 1972, Prince Lightfoot (portrayed by Timm Williams, a member of the Yurok tribe) was the official mascot. But in 1972, Native American students and staff members successfully lobbied University President Richard Lyman to abolish the "Indian" name along with what they had come to perceive as an offensive and demeaning mascot. Stanford's teams reverted unofficially to the name "Cardinal", the color that had represented the school before 1930.

From 1972 until 1981, Stanford’s official nickname was the Cardinal, but, during this time, there was debate among students and administrators concerning what the mascot and team name should be. A 1972 student referendum on the issue was in favor of restoring the Indian, while a second 1975 referendum was against...

It only took 3 years to become in favor of it.

So, your "memorabilia" is more important than the racist legacy of George Preston Marshall?

Yes. I'm not buying a new jersey, hats, etc..... I know an individual in CT who has probably $10,000 in memorabilia. Some if it dates back to the 1950's. If the team changes its name that's quite a bit of trash to throw out.

It might become more valuable with a name change.

So, your "memorabilia" is more important than the racist legacy of George Preston Marshall?

Yes. I'm not buying a new jersey, hats, etc..... I know an individual in CT who has probably $10,000 in memorabilia. Some if it dates back to the 1950's. If the team changes its name that's quite a bit of trash to throw out.

It might become more valuable with a name change.

Doesn't matter, Synder is NOT going to make him change the name, and the NFL sure is being silent, glad they didn't cave like the NBA pussies did.

I doubt a name change would be any where near that devastating to fans. The Stanford University football team changed its name without any problem.

I grew up in Palo Alto the city where Stanford is and do not remember hearing any complaints about the name change.

You obviously have no connection to the Redskins fanbase. This issue has been on the cusp for years. Many of us have made it very clear to the team and the league..... we are REDSKINS fans. If the REDSKINS no longer exist then we no longer have a reason to pay attention to the NFL.

Forum List

Back