Washington state plans to ban most non-electric vehicles by 2030

And a whole State trying to charge their vehicles at once will instantly change that.

Also now the spike demand won't be in industrial areas, as it is during the day, but in residential ones, where the distribution system will have to be entirely replaced to handle the additional load.

So basically they will have to go into every neighborhood and either run additional lines, or increase the capacity of the existing ones.

Costs never matter to progressives.

Fortunately, they matter to most people, most notably, those who make energy policy.:fingerscrossed::fingerscrossed:

Washington state plans to ban most non-electric vehicles by 2030, according to a newly signed bill by Gov. Jay Inslee.

The bill says that all vehicles of the model year 2030 or later that are sold, purchased, or registered in the state must be electric.

"On or before December 31, 2023, the interagency electric vehicle coordinating council ... shall complete a scoping plan for achieving the 2030 target," it reads.

The bill covers a lot of transportation issues in the state and is a part of a larger $16.9 billion transportation package called “Move Ahead Washington," which Inslee described as a way to create more efficient transportation options.

"Transportation is our state’s largest source of greenhouse gas emissions. There is no way to talk about climate change without talking about transportation," Inslee said. "This package will move us away from the transportation system our grandparents imagined and towards the transportation system our grandchildren dream of."

My Gawd, what a bunch of tards.....There's a damn good reason a U-Haul is near 5K to get out of that state.
My god, the Communists mandating disaster!

They better get busy then. They will need two large power plants to be built in the next two years just to handle the energy needs of the EV's.
The Communists in the state got the nuclear plant at Hanford shut down and the Columbia River is already dammed up as much as it can be so where is the electricity coming from?

The western part of the state doesn't get sunshine except for about two weeks a year and the eastern part clouds up for six months in the fall/winter so solar will suck. There is a lot of wind in the state but wind farms have been a failure all over the world so forget that for producing massive amounts of electricity to charge up the stupid batteries.

These Liberals are the dumbest mutherfuckers on the face of the earth.

1648471711702.png

And a whole State trying to charge their vehicles at once will instantly change that.

Also now the spike demand won't be in industrial areas, as it is during the day, but in residential ones, where the distribution system will have to be entirely replaced to handle the additional load.

So basically they will have to go into every neighborhood and either run additional lines, or increase the capacity of the existing ones.
You are overstating the demand

If you have a 250 mile range you will charge maybe once a week
Night time demand on the power grid is very low

So everyone has a 10 mile commute to work?
Do the math

12,000 miles a year is 1000 miles a month or 250 miles a week
Most drivers will charge once a week
A heavy driver might charge twice a week

Every driver will not be charging every night

Do the math

12,000 miles a year is 1000 miles a month or 250 miles a week
Most drivers will charge once a week
A heavy driver might charge twice a week

Every driver will not be charging every night

How many people will want to top off their car every night as a matter of habit?

How many people will want to top off their car every night as a matter of habit?

Then it might take an hour to top it off rather than all night
Do you top off your gas when you have 3/4 of a tank?

We have to (re-)register our vehicles annually. Way this reads, we won't be able to do that with any that aren't full EV from 2030 onward.
No, it's new vehicles, from the model year 2030 onwards. The article headline be suggests all cars, the detail in the article states otherwise. Same here in the UK, new cars as from 2030 must be electric, but you can still buy and sell older ICE vehicles.

No, it's new vehicles, from the model year 2030 onwards. The article headline be suggests all cars, the detail in the article states otherwise. Same here in the UK, new cars as from 2030 must be electric, but you can still buy and sell older ICE vehicles.
That may be the case for now, but you don't know our governor nor the Democrats. Terms and rules could change before 2030 unless the Dims lose their majority in Olympia.

BTW, Washington is the state where the Democrats "cut their teeth" and rigging ballot counts to steal an election.

Very true and BECAUSE it is filled with Leftist lunatics.
And because many will buy into EVs, an already critical and near shortfall electrical grid will be pushed well over capacity and they will be the cause of brown-outs and black-outs here.

One reason I'm considering getting some solar and wind with battery storage. So I don't have to depend upon the "public utility".

And because many will buy into EVs, an already critical and near shortfall electrical grid will be pushed well over capacity and they will be the cause of brown-outs and black-outs here.

One reason I'm considering getting some solar and wind with battery storage. So I don't have to depend upon the "public utility".

I live in the Columbia Basin where most of the easy places for bird choppers have been installed yet there is an increasing need to get that partially built Nuclear power station at Hanford completed to keep up with demand that will grow and grow.

I live in the Columbia Basin where most of the easy places for bird choppers have been installed yet there is an increasing need to get that partially built Nuclear power station at Hanford completed to keep up with demand that will grow and grow.
Know the place.
About every Easter weekend the wife and I do road trip East to Spokane and Kalispell, MT. to see some of the kids and grandkids.

True

The state would have to spend a few BILLION dollars to bolster and create backups for the entire electrical grid for the whole state, which also means making electrical charging stations as common as gas stations.

Do you REALLY think the state is going to part with THAT much money???
The state would charge the taxpayers, that is what they do.

Forum List

Back