Watching Boehner news conference now

He is digging in his heels. No tax increases. Spending must be cut. Cliff looks imminent. ...

obama is salivating over running off the cliff. While Boehner is on the right track in digging in his heels, he's not going to gain anything and he will lose. The one who seems to have a better plan is Rand Paul. Vote present, walk away, force democrats to own the cliff and the rocks beneath.

getting exactly what he wants is tax cuts on the wealthy to rise jsut like 60% of the American people want.

You want to crash the car because the American people dont agree with you and didnt vote for your party

...when it won't raise enough money...

Yep.

In fact, the BEST CASE scenario estimates raising taxes on the rich would increase revenue enough to cover eight days of government spending. Eight days!

I argue the more likely scenario will be LESS revenue. As we've seen in the last month, that's exactly what happen in the UK, France, and the state of California after raising taxes on the wealthy.

So, I have to ask our resident Obamabots, what's the point of raising taxes on the wealthy? What do you hope to accomplish?

getting exactly what he wants is tax cuts on the wealthy to rise jsut like 60% of the American people want.

You want to crash the car because the American people dont agree with you and didnt vote for your party

Confused+Thoughts1.jpg

Here is what you will get fpor your efforts if you continue with this plan.

All Americans will look at your non vote votes and blame YOU.

Then the new more Dem congress will have to YET AGAIN fix a mess you made and refuse to clean up.

You will try to claim the credit for the results anyway.

Just like your party tried to claim the results of the 1993 ombra that dems and Clinton did without one single R vote.

that one the CBO said was what created the budget surpluses of the 1990s.

The internets keeps you from being able to lie like this and get away with it.

your party is DONE unless you sstart acting like people who care about their country more than party

I say give it to him. If he wants to spend more, give him that too. We should also all go out and get on food stamps...because Nancy Pelosi assured us they're stimulative.

It's what you want. I say give it to you and let's see the good times roll.

Here is what you will get fpor your efforts if you continue with this plan.

All Americans will look at your non vote votes and blame YOU.

Then the new more Dem congress will have to YET AGAIN fix a mess you made and refuse to clean up.

You will try to claim the credit for the results anyway.

Just like your party tried to claim the results of the 1993 ombra that dems and Clinton did without one single R vote.

that one the CBO said was what created the budget surpluses of the 1990s.

The internets keeps you from being able to lie like this and get away with it.

your party is DONE unless you sstart acting like people who care about their country more than party

It thought you told us the party was done the day after the election. In fact, hours afterwards. :confused::eusa_eh:

He is digging in his heels. No tax increases. Spending must be cut. Cliff looks imminent. ...

Try not to confuse politics with the job of running the country. Boehner's public persona is quite different from his negotiations in the smoke-filled back rooms of government.

He'll play ball, since not doing so will make him a Newt Gingrich redux (he'll be looking for a day job too). But he'll put up a nice front, for ya'll, in the meantime.

Enjoy the theater.

Try not to confuse politics with the job of running the country. Boehner's public persona is quite different from his negotiations in the smoke-filled back rooms of government.

He'll play ball, since not doing so will make him a Newt Gingrich redux (he'll be looking for a day job too). But he'll put up a nice front, for ya'll, in the meantime.

Enjoy the theater.

We have been...the last 4 years. It's all been a bad acting job.

Last edited:

Hey, I've got an idea.

Howzabout all you fucking politicians do your fucking jobs and fucking lock yourselves in a fucking meeting room with no fucking heat, air conditioning or bathrooms until you fucking come up with a fucking plan, instead of fucking running out to the fucking television cameras to spew your fucking partisan bullshit every few fucking hours?

Just trying to think out of the box here.

Hey, I've got an idea.

Howzabout all you fucking politicians do your fucking jobs and fucking lock yourselves in a fucking meeting room with no fucking heat, air conditioning or bathrooms until you fucking come up with a fucking plan, instead of fucking running out to the fucking television cameras to spew your fucking partisan bullshit every few fucking hours?

Why don't you keep straddling the fence and pretending you are relevant?

Hey, I've got an idea.

Why do you keep following me around, humping my leg?

humdog_thu.gif

Last gasps of a desperate man

Boehner is fucked no matter what he does. He will lose his beloved tax cuts no matter what he does. If we go off the cliff, he gets the blame, if he compromises he loses his Speakership

Couldn't happen to a nicer man

Hey, I've got an idea.

Why do you keep following me around, humping my leg?

humdog_thu.gif

Oh, Pardon me.

We should respect your plea to have politicians 'Just work it out' as a viable 'out of the box' solution.

LOL

We have been...the last 4 years. It's all been a bad acting job.

Then why keep drinking the Republican koolaid if you're seeing they've been playing you all along?

Nice try but I was referring to the Oscar Nominee-in-Chief who was role palying a president.

Why? You think Obama's playing us and saying he'll raise taxes on upper earners while in the smoke filled rooms he's telling Boehner that extending tax cuts on upper earnings is what he really plans?

Seems unlikely. So let's see what happens, shall we? (bookmark this)

Last edited:

Forum List

Back