We DO Need Large Capacity Magazines

Wehrwolfen

May 22, 2012
We DO Need Large Capacity Magazines​

6 February, 2013 | JTR

One of the most talked about components of gun control legislation is a magazine capacity limit. Proponents of gun control will often question why anyone needs more than X number of rounds (often 10) in their magazine. This is usually answered with a response about how it isn’t about what we “need” or with an analogy like “why does anyone need a car that goes faster than the speed limit.” Both of these answers are true but they leave a lot to be desired because there are practical reasons for why we actually do need magazines with larger capacities.

Many of the people who are proposing this legislation have an agenda beyond public safety so they are unlikely to listen to reason. However, there may be those who you come across in your everyday life that genuinely do want to know why someone might need magazine capacities of 10 or more. Much of their misunderstanding of why these higher capacities can be dispelled by addressing 3 main misconceptions/preconceived notions about the nature of terminal ballistics and what really happens in a gunfight:
People die immediately upon being shot.

It is easy to shoot a moving person.

You will face only a single attacker

(Excerpt)

Read more:
www.jerkingthetrigger.com ...

I don't need to justify why I want a large capacity magazine.

Do columnists, Pundits, authors, or Politicians need to justify how many words they use while exercising their 1st amendment rights?

We DO Need Large Capacity Magazines

You're gonna have to get-USED to the idea there's gonna BE no Race War.

ta2_4_gif11.gif

I'd say that Newsweek, the New Yorker and Time have outlived their usefulness. The NY Times isn't far behind.

and i would say to all the anti gun nuts why shouldn't i have one? in fact i have many. 20 round, 30 round 75 round. I've shot well over 100,000 rounds through them to. And not one round has caused anyone any harm. In fact, with the exception of a very small few, others haven't either. when I pay for a range I want to spend my time shooting, not reloading.

Now I don't drink, but I don't whine and cry to ban alcohol becuase it kills people. or that people drive cars drunk and kill others. And i don't text when i drive, but i don't run around whining ban cell phones because people text and drive an kill people. more people die form both of those activities than high round magazines.

So you anti gun cry babies better come up with a pretty good reason why i, or any other legal citizen should allow you to infringe on our constitutional rights. just remember, the gun owner population is growing rapidly. 20,000,000 new pistol permits were applied for last year alone. the last gun ban saw the republicans take control of both houses for the first time in decades. And none of us are backing down

do you have any ideas how many Americans back such legislation?

Do you remember how many Americans JUST LOVED Jim Crow laws back before the 60's?

Argumentum ad Populum is a logical fallacy for this reason. More-so when what you are trying to infringe on is a right.

The liberals always bitch about "staying away from a woman's uterus" and unfettered "freedom of speech" and anything else that limits THEIR perceived "rights".

Gun owners want the liberals to STAY AWAY FROM OUR GUN CABINETS!

Do I care?

Look deep into my eyes and tell me if you see any care in either one of them about how many people back it?

Look at my tag..

If you get to control my guns, do I get to control your abortions?

I will promise you that any woman who has had an abortion has killed more people than I, and most gun owners, ever have or ever will.

if a large amount of americans wanted to infringe on free speech I wouldn't be backing that either. It's about rights and governments attempts to limit them

The liberals always bitch about "staying away from a woman's uterus" and unfettered "freedom of speech" and anything else that limits THEIR perceived "rights".

Gun owners want the liberals to STAY AWAY FROM OUR GUN CABINETS!
No one's interested in your "big boy" toy-box.

True, there are many reasons why someone would need a high capacity magazine, but even more important is the futility of attempting to ban what is essentially sheet metal and a spring. If anyone thinks for a second that criminals would be deterred by a ban on magazine capacity, you're seriously deluding yourself. Therefore, such a ban would only serve to unsure bad guys are better armed than the good guys. Now that's insane!

You don't need a large capacity magazine. You just want something to whine about. :cool:

Really Komrady? You live in a make believe world. Come down from from that tower get a real life. Read about the daily "Home Invasions" that happen around this nation.

There are plenty of instances when a 30 round clip/ag becomes needed. It's a moot argument though. Because no one has to justify their need for a portion of a right. The right is inalienable. Furthermore, any attempts to infringe on this right will be met with hostility and disobedience. Just take a look at what is unfolding in NY.

There is a giant resistance underway to not register firearms, and many are literally saying "Molon labe!".

This isn't going to end well for Coumo in NY, and if they set it to the national stage, the fight is going to get even bigger. I know 70 year old retired Marines who have no plan to register or comply with mag limits. So these politciians in NY are commiting political suicide. The ballot box will prove it here the next election if they dont make some serious changes or abandon political posturing on this.

Forum List

Back