We Have an "Epidemic of Fatherlessness"

We have laws in which a poor woman having a "fatherless" child = 18 years of government cash, food, healthcare, child care and housing.

Look at the logs of births in our city hospitals. Most of the births that list the mother and no father are in poor areas of the inner cities. Of course most of these women usually know damn well who their baby daddy is. They just don't put them on the birth certificate.

It is empowering to poor women when they cite no father on the birth certificate. They can get money from the state while also having the absentee father pay her in cash to support his kids.

This also gives her tremendous power over men who fall into this trap. Years later she can claim that he's the father and suddenly he owes several years of back child support and he's a deadbeat dad who is going to jail.

These are the reasons that absentee father fraud is the most prevalent form of welfare fraud.

So says Mike Rowe.

Screen-Shot-2018-03-28-at-10.32.56-AM-1024x583.jpg

All we have to do is look around to see it. Is it because Women's Lib has caused the rise of single-parent/women homes? Or, and thisi may be reaching, because we've become a society of self-gratification? Get it when you can and don't worry about the results?

Here are some facts about fatherless homes:

63 percent of youth suicides are from fatherless homes — five times the average. (US Dept. Of Health/Census)

90 percent of all homeless and runaway children are from fatherless homes — 32 times the average.

85 percent of all children who show behavior disorders come from fatherless homes — 20 times the average. (Center for Disease Control)

80 percent of rapists with anger problems come from fatherless homes — 14 times the average. (Justice & Behavior, Vol 14, p. 403-26)

71 percent of all high school dropouts come from fatherless homes — nine times the average. (National Principals Association Report)

43 percent of U.S. children live without their father [US Department of Census]

What are your thoughts? Is he right?

More @ Mike Rowe Diagnoses America's Problem: We Have an 'Epidemic of Fatherlessness'
This is interesting. IT appears that a lot of the "single mother " trend has to do with women's making a choice to be a single parent, or as a result of social trends and attitudes about marriage. What do you think?

Single Mom Statistics: Surprising Facts & Figures Of Today's Single Mother

I am ambivalent about the single mother situation. Is it because they kick "worthless" men out or the men simply don't want to take on the responsibility of kids?

So says Mike Rowe.

All we have to do is look around to see it. Is it because Women's Lib has caused the rise of single-parent/women homes? Or, and thisi may be reaching, because we've become a society of self-gratification? Get it when you can and don't worry about the results?

63 percent of youth suicides are from fatherless homes — five times the average. (US Dept. Of Health/Census)

90 percent of all homeless and runaway children are from fatherless homes — 32 times the average.

85 percent of all children who show behavior disorders come from fatherless homes — 20 times the average. (Center for Disease Control)

80 percent of rapists with anger problems come from fatherless homes — 14 times the average. (Justice & Behavior, Vol 14, p. 403-26)

71 percent of all high school dropouts come from fatherless homes — nine times the average. (National Principals Association Report)

More @ Mike Rowe Diagnoses America's Problem: We Have an 'Epidemic of Fatherlessness'

I'll assume that your statistics are accurate although you do not provide links. I would be interesting to see the actual studies? Were other variables such as the age that the child was when loosing the father- if there ever was a father, poverty, child abuse, substance abuse etc. controlled for? Without knowing that, there is not much that one could do with this information from a public policy view point.
Judge Allen Travis did extensive research on this, the fundings were very illuminating. Judge Travis was a common please judge in Columbus Ohio who noticed the percentage of people he was sentacing to prison that had no father figure in the house and committed to a study. His study had a great deal to do with the raise in shared parenting orders by domestic court. Stats are not good for you if dad is not around Yes, Mike Roe is absolutley right!

As Ben Shapiro often says (quoting a study by the Brookings Institute), if you want to avoid permanent poverty in this country, you need only do three things: (a) graduate from HS, (2) avoid having kids out of wedlock, and (3) get a job, any job. If you do these three things, your chances of being in long-term poverty are less than 2%.

Regardless of race.

Wise men determined a long time ago that amoral cultures self-destruct.
Could you elaborate on that with respect to the issue at hand. Is the prevalence of single parents an issue of morals or are there other forces at play, such as income and wealth disparity, lack or opportunity for some, and the erosion of the middle class which, in turn, weakens the family?
. Inmoralism is at the heart of this breakdown. All roads lead to Rome.

So says Mike Rowe.

Equal protection of the law for unemployment compensation purposes can help solve most of these issues.

So says Mike Rowe.

Should we make divorce illegal? Only provide benefits to married mothers? What?

It’s about stupid women sleeping around with worthless guys. Somewhere along the line among a certain group of people, having babies became a pastime while raising children became passé.

We've made being fatherless a rather lucrative business

My advice? Rap it good!

~S~
What about the entrapment aspect that is sometimes involved ? She says I took my pill or I have an implant or yada yada yada. The pregnancy is sometimes seen as a hook or free meal ticket all depending right ??

So says Mike Rowe.

It’s about stupid women sleeping around with worthless guys. Somewhere along the line among a certain group of people, having babies became a pastime while raising children became passé.
free contraceptives!

So says Mike Rowe.

free contraceptives!
.What, and make laws to force them to be taken ?? Like I said cultural immoralism is the definition of the issue. Government involvement is the enabler.

We've made being fatherless a rather lucrative business

My advice? Rap it good!

~S~
What about the entrapment aspect that is sometimes involved ? She says I took my pill or I have an implant or yada yada yada. The pregnancy is sometimes seen as a hook or free meal ticket all depending right ??

Gawd yes

One can sit at the entrance of our state office, and watch one rug rat after the next dragged into it by mama pajama....

~S~

So says Mike Rowe.

free contraceptives!
.What, and make laws to force them to be taken ?? Like I said cultural immoralism is the definition of the issue. Government involvement is the enabler.
the right wing likes to whine about taxes. that is also, immoral.

So says Mike Rowe.

free contraceptives!

Or free castrations and tubal ligation.

Lousy management is the problem. Simply treating the condition does nothing to solve the dilemma.

Means tested welfare simply has to pay more for more kids. Women can choose when they, "need a raise". Unemployment compensation simply for being unemployed solves that dilemma and provides more options to both, men and women.

Would it bother you if I didn't consider "The New Civil Rights Movement" to be "homework"?

Would it bother you if I didn't consider "The New Civil Rights Movement" to be "homework"?
It doesn't bother me a bit if you choose to wallow in ignorance . I can site numerous sources that document Regnerus' fraud. HE WAS HUMILIATED IN COURT because he made shit up trying to defend Michigan's bigoted ban on same sex marriage by lying about the effects of having same sex parents on children. Furthermore , he and the state were to fucking stupid to understand that it was the wrong argument to make against same sex marriage because gay people will have children regardless of their ability to marry.

It doesn't bother me a bit if you choose to wallow in ignorance . I can site numerous sources that document Regnerus' fraud. HE WAS HUMILIATED IN COURT because he made shit up trying to defend Michigan's bigoted ban on same sex marriage by lying about the effects of having same sex parents on children. Furthermore , he and the state were to fucking stupid to understand that it was the wrong argument to make against same sex marriage because gay people will have children regardless of their ability to marry.

If you're planning to denigrate the intelligence of others, you might want to sound a bit brighter while you do it. The word is "cite", not "site".

And I have no intention of wallowing in ignorance. That's why I'm not planning to read your little opinion blog.

Forum List

Back