Well regulated militia

No state will be invaded BECAUSE we present a united front as the United States of America.
California is a sanctuary state for illegal aliens.. I will not support any state.. I will take up arms with Californians to defeat the enemy who are the Democrats

Read the text. The militia stands for the nation only as part of the federal forces, in other cases it defends the rights of the state.

The whole point of a citizen militia is that it is not controlled by either state or federal military or law enforcement. It is independent.

No state could afford them on their own, but they spend far more time on state duty than Federal duty and work at the behest of state governors (not title 32 Federal duty) in the event of civil (or uncivil, depending on your point of view) disturbance or state security missions. I have been on one of these state civil disturbance mission for over a week. Spooky sh*t, knowing you are facing your fellow citizens. They are the modern citizen soldier with a lineage back to the militias at the founding of this country, no more, no less.
they must be ready to oppose the feds in case of infringement of state rights.

That's what it fucking says "for the security of a free state"
Does NOT translate into being agents of the State. Critical thinking is crucial.

I'm not sure how it is you cannot see that there are people who love this country and will stand up and defend it and they will need no State authority to do so.

Yes. But not under the control of the state.
Roger that.
1643581657242.png

It is citizens picking up their own arms to defend their nation in a time of need.
Like Scalia, many choose to simply ignore the "well regulated" part. However, The Founders never indicated any of it being optional. To the contrary, they declared it "necessary" and yes, "to the security of a free state" - meaning their particular State, not necessarily "their nation". They were indeed opposed to having a standing army. Only by allowing the individual States to worry about protecting the entire Union (in times of peace, i.e. when there would be no standing army) could they get enough agreement to have the document signed in the first place.

Like Scalia, many choose to simply ignore the "well regulated" part. However, The Founders never indicated any of it being optional. To the contrary, they declared it "necessary" and yes, "to the security of a free state" - meaning their particular State, not necessarily "their nation". They were indeed opposed to having a standing army. Only by allowing the individual States to worry about protecting the entire Union (in times of peace, i.e. when there would be no standing army) could they get enough agreement to have the document signed in the first place.
"Well Regulated", of course; means in good working order.

"Well Regulated", of course; means in good working order.
Actually,
In 1789, a militia was not a self-appointed force of citizens in camo running around in the woods by themselves. Militias would be raised by each state government, their loyalty and devotion to the new American republic was assured by the fact that they would be defending their families, their neighbors, and their homes. Because they might someday have to operate as a combined force, the militias were to be “well-regulated”—meaning trained to standards set by the federal government.
All one need do to appreciate the difference is think about who got to declare any particular militia "well regulated" or not? Certainly not the individual members. So who?

Actually,

All one need do to appreciate the difference is think about who got to declare any particular militia "well regulated" or not? Certainly not the individual members. So who?
Actually, not the Federal Government, as there wasn't one that had been in existence long enough to set that kind of standard.

The militia in those days was often commanded by ex-Regular Army guys. Sometimes officers, sometimes not.

But they all adhered to the concept of "Well Regulated" meaning in good working order as defined by standing Armies all through the world of that time.

At no time were they then, or are they now, under the auspice of any government.

A valid point, however. Thanks.

Forum List

Back