Well ... Well ... Well...

If the house were so fucking concerned about our national whatever, they'd take a formal vote instead of having Adam Schitt refuse to let members of the GOP participate in inquiries.

If the house were so fucking concerned about our national whatever, they'd take a formal vote instead of having Adam Schitt refuse to let members of the GOP participate in inquiries.
they can participate, and are.... they just can't subpoena... which is fine with me... who needs one of their dog and pony show/ obfuscation theatrics, at this stage of the process.... that would only make it in to one big tent circus with a bunch of side shows?

except to defend our very system of government or our constitutional liberties against a dire threat.

He's 100% correct, and that's why there is the impeachment inquiry in to Trump... he is lawless and a very threat to our system of govt and constitution.

:dunno:

what's the issue?
I’m fine with impeaching Donny but that would mean the standard for impeachment is very uneven, since his two most recent predecessors should have been impeached and removed for crimes far in-excess of what Donny has done.

they can participate, and are.... they just can't subpoena... which is fine with me... who needs one of their dog and pony show/ obfuscation theatrics, at this stage of the process.... that would only make it in to one big tent circus with a bunch of side shows?

And you don't think it is currently a circus with a ring leader, clowns, trapeze artists ?

Holy political suckers batman....

And you don't think the house should vote on this so that the American People can see what a bunch of upstanding patriots are at the helm ?

You know good fucking well why they won't take a vote on it. It's not clear Pelosi would get what she needs when they have to hang their asses out in the sun to be seen for who they are.

And you don't think the house should vote on this so that the American People can see what a bunch of upstanding patriots are at the helm ?

You know good fucking well why they won't take a vote on it. It's not clear Pelosi would get what she needs when they have to hang their asses out in the sun to be seen for who they are.
I do not know Pelosi' s game plan, but I do trust her... to know what she is doing... And believe she does does love America.

My limited understanding, is that there will be a. Full vote, when the time is right... if they do decide to move forward, to impeach.... right now it is simply the grand jury phase, so to speak and the President or target in a criminal case, has no say so.

except to defend our very system of government or our constitutional liberties against a dire threat.

He's 100% correct, and that's why there is the impeachment inquiry in to Trump... he is lawless and a very threat to our system of govt and constitution.

what's the issue?
I’m fine with impeaching Donny but that would mean the standard for impeachment is very uneven, since his two most recent predecessors should have been impeached and removed for crimes far in-excess of what Donny has done.
To me, what the President has done, is a national security risk... it shows he is using foreign countries for his own personal gain and not America's.... this case is small, but the other personal dealings with other foreign countries over and above the USA can put us in grave danger.

He's shown to be completely lawless, and that is frightening to me.

Guess who said the following in a House Judiciary meeting on Dec 10, 1998? (hint: he was very, very fat)

The effect of impeachment is to overturn the popular will of the voters as expressed in a national election. We must not overturn an election and remove a president from office except to defend our very system of government or our constitutional liberties against a dire threat. And we must not do so without an overwhelming consensus of the American people and of their representatives in congress of the absolute necessity.

There must never be a narrowly voted impeachment or an impeachment substantially supported by one of our major political parties and largely opposed by the other. Such an impeachment would lack legitimacy, would produce divisiveness and bitterness in our politics for years to come. And will call into question the very legitimacy of our political institutions.

Transcript: Opening statement of Rep. Nadler - December 10, 1998
That was different because shut up.

what's the issue?

You must have gotten tired and stopped reading before you got to this part, huh?

"And we must not do so without an overwhelming consensus of the American people and of their representatives in congress of the absolute necessity.

There must never be a narrowly voted impeachment or an impeachment substantially supported by one of our major political parties and largely opposed by the other.
"

You partisans are SO predictable with your parse and spin routine. :rolleyes:

what's the issue?

You must have gotten tired and stopped reading before you got to this part, huh?

"And we must not do so without an overwhelming consensus of the American people and of their representatives in congress of the absolute necessity.

There must never be a narrowly voted impeachment or an impeachment substantially supported by one of our major political parties and largely opposed by the other.
"

Thus the inquiry, to find out all that is going on and the public to be aware of all that is going on, with evidence and not just hot air, before actually bringing it to a floor vote for impeachment, if that does happen. It could end up being a censure, for wrong doings....instead of actual impeachment.... let the process pan out, and there likely will be more support for it, once everyone is informed...

the sooner Trump stops obstructing Justice/obstructing congress and turns over the subpoenaed documents we will know more.

Appears to me, the administration would rather keep the citizens of this land, in the chaos of darkness, and hide everything from us, because he KNOWS he did wrong.

Guess who said the following in a House Judiciary meeting on Dec 10, 1998? (hint: he was very, very fat)

The effect of impeachment is to overturn the popular will of the voters as expressed in a national election. We must not overturn an election and remove a president from office except to defend our very system of government or our constitutional liberties against a dire threat. And we must not do so without an overwhelming consensus of the American people and of their representatives in congress of the absolute necessity.

There must never be a narrowly voted impeachment or an impeachment substantially supported by one of our major political parties and largely opposed by the other. Such an impeachment would lack legitimacy, would produce divisiveness and bitterness in our politics for years to come. And will call into question the very legitimacy of our political institutions.

Transcript: Opening statement of Rep. Nadler - December 10, 1998
The Republicans spent four years trying to take down Clinton.

First, they investigated Whitewater. When that turned out to be a nothing burger, did they quit? Nope!

They investigated Troopergate. And then Travelgate. And then Vince Foster's suicide.

STILL, they didn't quit!

They kept going until they landed on a blue dress!

The Republicans set the bar really, really low.

Look at them whining now! :lol:

what's the issue?

"

Thus the inquiry, to find out all that is going on and the public to be aware of all that is going on,

Why do we need an inquiry? since according to you ..

Care4all said:
hat's why there is the impeachment inquiry in to Trump... he is lawless and a very threat to our system of govt and constitution.
You've already convicted Donny, just like all the douche bags-D in the House have, this isn't an "inquiry" it's a politics based, sentencing phase.

I don't like Donald Trump any more than the rank & file lemmings in the Democrat Crime Family do but you folks have absolutely no common sense, objectivity or desire for actual justice when it comes to him, therefore you're no more trustworthy than he is.

what's the issue?

"

Thus the inquiry, to find out all that is going on and the public to be aware of all that is going on,

Care4all said:
hat's why there is the impeachment inquiry in to Trump... he is lawless and a very threat to our system of govt and constitution.
You've already convicted Donny, just like all the douche bags-D in the House have, this isn't an "inquiry" it's a politics based, sentencing phase.

I don't like Donald Trump any more than the rank & file lemmings in the Democrat Crime Family do but you folks have absolutely no common sense, objectivity or desire for actual justice when it comes to him, therefore you're no more trustworthy than he is.
And you or others, have already exonerated him, right?

yes, with very good reason, I don't trust the man, at all! But I am just one measly citizen.... there is a whole nation out there of citizens that have their minds to make up, and they need the evidence and information, to do such.

what's the issue?

"

Care4all said:

And you or others, have already exonerated him, right?
I can't speak for "others" but I haven't "exonerated" anybody.

yes, with very good reason, I don't trust the man, at all! But I am just one measly citizen.... there is a whole nation out there of citizens that have their minds to make up, and they need the evidence and information, to do such.
Like I said you've already convicted him with the "investigation" barely begun, just like the majority of the your fellow partisans-D and politicians-D.

That's why this whole HoR impeachment "inquiry" is a sham and an embarrassment, they don't care about the facts they just care about the politics and manipulating public opinion.

I do not know Pelosi' s game plan, but I do trust her... to know what she is doing... And believe she does does love America.

My limited understanding, is that there will be a. Full vote, when the time is right... if they do decide to move forward, to impeach.... right now it is simply the grand jury phase, so to speak and the President or target in a criminal case, has no say so.

Which automatically marks you as a drooling clueless idiot. "We have to pass it to see what's in it."

Which automatically marks you as a drooling clueless idiot. "We have to pass it to see what's in it."
Just by you using that comment, shows that you are a product, of right wing misinformation.

Why don't you actually look up the facts regarding that statement, who she was speaking to, and the context before and after that comment, to actually inform yourself with TRUTH?

Pelosi, does not like impeachment... everyone expected her to go after Pres Bush, with impeachment for lying us in to the war in Iraq....

She refused to do it, because she felt we needed to heal, as a country, and not take this divisive route.

And even with Trump, she was what was holding all the others back... she let them start their different investigations in to corruption by the president, but she did NOT come out and officially support it, because it is a horrible thing and sad thing to have to impeach a president.

When she openly backed the inquiries two weeks or so ago, she did so, out of not having a choice, our Nation and our sovereignty, and our National Security, rose above her resistance, to possible impeachment.

The minority party can't subpoena before the whole House votes on impeachment, Once the whole House votes the minority can subpoena. It's in the House rules. Look it up or show us where they can't.

The minority party can't subpoena before the whole House votes on impeachment, Once the whole House votes the minority can subpoena. It's in the House rules. Look it up or show us where they can't.
They can do such, when that happens, is my understanding.... but where in the rules is that? What is the rule number? If someone has posted this already, I missed it...

Forum List

Back