Well? What did you have for dinner tonight??

Ladies are out shopping so I took the afternoon off to put the poke chops inna brine solution, and then I assembled a potato salat. I dirty twice as many dishes as I really need (prob why I've been "banned" from the kitchen) but hell that's what they're for.

I think I'm making beans and cornbread tonight...that's what the granddaughter wants.

And who am I to argue?

I have beans I canned myself..couldn't be any easier to fix.

I think I'm making beans and cornbread tonight...that's what the granddaughter wants.

And who am I to argue?

You broke the beans? I cut the cheese, but everything came out alright in the end.

And who am I to argue?

Love this song. I'd play it for my oldest boy (now 31 LOL) on the way to preschool:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6yy6qICUTe0]Beans and Cornbread - Louis Jordan and the Tympany Five - YouTube[/ame]

As I told my kids tonight..."no I'm not cooking, I'm using the stove!"

Canning all night; 7 qts of green beans, and 7 pints of chicken in now.

My daughter jumped ship with my dil....the boy gobbled pb&j sammies.

Chicken enchiladas made with my home canned chicken, and beans that I also canned...

And it is fabulous. Really. You're missing out.

Puerto Rican rice last night with salad.
You eat that a lot. You're going to turn into a Puerto Rican.

I had a chicken sandwich made with..yup...canned chicken.

I'm going to turn into a chicken. or a can.

I picked up 12 lbs of tomatoes, and 6 lb of zucchini....later tonight or tomorrow will start canning and frying...the girl loves fried zucchini, but right now I'm pooped.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back