Well? What did you have for dinner tonight??

Roasted chicken breast with Cajun seasoning, green beans and egg noodles, all with Cajun seasoning..
I'm from Louisiana, and don't really like Cajun food that much.

Too often it has way too much red pepper, like some sort of macho thing.

I was raised on great food, but much of it is a lost art.

I should have paid more attention.
I eat all peppers , especially if they are spicy...I made some salsa from the garden one time that would burn the skin off the roof of your mouth to the tail of the colon...
Brings back an old guilt trip.

We had a pepper plant from Hell.

And, an very obnoxious neighbour.

We finally chopped the thing down and threw it away, and the obnoxious little thing next door asked what they were.

I told her they were peppermints, and she picked a handful and popped them in her mouth.

I should not have done that.

Those peppers peeled her hands and her tongue.

Roasted chicken breast with Cajun seasoning, green beans and egg noodles, all with Cajun seasoning..

I eat all peppers , especially if they are spicy...I made some salsa from the garden one time that would burn the skin off the roof of your mouth to the tail of the colon...

We finally chopped the thing down and threw it away, and the obnoxious little thing next door asked what they were.

I told her they were peppermints, and she picked a handful and popped them in her mouth.

I used to put hot peppers on burgers of people I hated when I was cook as a teen....I had several people want to tear me up, but my boss would not let them...He would tell me I was just a kid pulling pranks...

Agreed. But, your post reminds me that I haven't made jambalaya or gumbo in a coon's age. I should make one of those things this weekend.
Come over and I'll make a pot, chicken or seafood?

Goodbye Joe, me gotta go, me oh, my oh
Me gotta go pole the pirogue down the bayou
My Yvonne, the sweetest one, me oh, my oh
Son of a gun, we'll have big fun on the bayou

Jambalaya, and a-crawfish pie and a-fillet gumbo
'Cause tonight I'm gonna see my machez amio
Pick guitar, fill fruit jar and be gay-oh

Thibodeaux to Fontainbleau, the place is buzzin'
Kinfolk come to see Yvonne by the dozen
Dress in style, and go hog wild, me oh, my oh

Jambalaya, and a-crawfish pie and a fillet gumbo

Jambalaya, and a-crawfish pie and a-fillet gumbo

da85bb413a48f8cdd3feb0a9f7e4abe9.png
Play Music
1d64ab1bb7315113c5647de42d17a2cb.png
c56e288db2ce297a23bc2b80627143d8.png

Man, the food we had in Plaquemine, LA, in the '60's, is a lost art.

Ever have merlitons stuffed with river shrimp?

I used to put hot peppers on burgers of people I hated when I was cook as a teen....I had several people want to tear me up, but my boss would not let them...He would tell me I was just a kid pulling pranks...

Badass!!!!!!

Badass!!!!!!
I've always been the little imp...

Badass!!!!!!
I've always been the little imp...
Me too.

It was rebellious times.

Homemade tacos.:)

I've had a huge craving for Mexican all week. So much so I am going to my favorite authentic Mexican restaurant this Saturday for lunch. I can't wait.
My favourite place either closed or moved.

I only go to town once or twice a month, and just noticed.

There was a great authentic spot literally down the alley from my house that was owned by a husband and wife team. I had been going to this spot for the last decade every other Thursday since I moved to the city. Sadly, they got divorced and the restaurant folded as result. Such a shame. I knew all the staff by first name, hell even a few attended my wedding, so it was very sad to hear when the restaurant closed.

Delicious roast chicken ...with lots of garlic salt ..... roast potatoes ...and a big side salad of tomatoes and avocado!

YUM

life is good! :biggrin:

ohhhh...that side salad ....yes yes yesssssssssssssssss

Highly recommended tomato and avocado!!!! :eusa_dance:

tonight

baked salmon with herbs on top ....with side dish of cauliflower baked in a cheese sauce (this I bought frozen in supermarket) and lettuce salad with balsamic vinaigrette.

Forum List

Back