Well? What did you have for dinner tonight??

Marinara sauce. I've got it down.

I use this recipe, super simple.

Super Simple Marinara Sauce Recipe - Cookie and Kate

Here are the differences from the recipe:

1. I put the garlic through a press first, as the recipe indicates to put the cloves in whole, then later take them out and chop them up, which seemed stupid to me after I did it the first time.

2. I put in some fresh basil. This is just a personal preference thing.

3. I do not add salt in the beginning, as it cooks down a lot, so it can end up salty if you season on the front end.

4. I simmer low for 3-4 hours instead of the recommended 45 mins minimum, until it starts getting really thick, then I salt, adjust seasonings, simmer for another 30 mins and done.

5. If it seems acidy I'll throw a bit of butter in at the end.

I put this on chicken/veal parmesan, or just noodles, have used it for pizza sauce and dipping sauce for fried calamari. freezes well also.

I've shared this trick before with homemade marinara sauce: add some dark chocolate chips. It mellows out the acidity, and adds a slightly smoky undertone to the flavor.

Yes, I know it sounds weird. It sounded weird to me when a chef friend of mine recommended it. But it does work.

1. I put the garlic through a press first, as the recipe indicates to put the cloves in whole, then later take them out and chop them up, which seemed stupid to me after I did it the first time.

3. I do not add salt in the beginning, as it cooks down a lot, so it can end up salty if you season on the front end.

4. I simmer low for 3-4 hours instead of the recommended 45 mins minimum, until it starts getting really thick, then I salt, adjust seasonings, simmer for another 30 mins and done.

I put this on chicken/veal parmesan, or just noodles, have used it for pizza sauce and dipping sauce for fried calamari. freezes well also.

I've shared this trick before with homemade marinara sauce: add some dark chocolate chips. It mellows out the acidity, and adds a slightly smoky undertone to the flavor.

Yes, I know it sounds weird. It sounded weird to me when a chef friend of mine recommended it. But it does work.

huh. I'll try that. actually doesn't sound all that crazy.

I love to tinker around with stuff in the kitchen...

Yep..
Just like a dash of cinnamon or a dash of powdered cocoa.
But ya gotta be careful!!!! You'll fuck up a whole pot of sauce if ya over do it!

Made seared flank steak at 700 degrees over lump charcoal.
Marinated em in lime,soy sauce,garlic,honey,and a host of other seasonings for six hours.
Threw it on the Kamado for ten minutes flipping every two minutes. Pulled it at 130 F.
You get that black seared outside and the pink inside.
Put it on flour tortillas with japs,onion,cilantro and some homemade serrano hot sauce.

For tonight....grilled salmon with potatoes and asparagus! absolutely delish! you can add some tartar sauce to the fish if you like! YUM!

not mine, mine won't look so neat :10: but something like this

2grQOMF.jpg

For tonight....grilled salmon with potatoes and asparagus! absolutely delish! you can add some tartar sauce to the fish if you like! YUM!

2grQOMF.jpg

I Grilled Our Asparagus
Here's A Trick:
Take 3 Spears, Stick Them Together With Tooth Picks
You Then Brush Oil On Them
And Can Flip Them With Ease
No More Messes And Fumbling

I’ll be having some moussaka. A friend at work made me some after she learned I like eggplant.

I’ll be having some moussaka. A friend at work made me some after she learned I like eggplant.
Moussaka And Baba Ganoush
Is What Started Me Eating Egg Plant
Before That
I Thought It Was Just A Nasty Soggy Mess

We Grow Ichiban Egg Plant
Slice It Thin And Dehydrate It
Great Lasagna Noodle Replacement

Moussaka And Baba Ganoush
Is What Started Me Eating Egg Plant
Before That
I Thought It Was Just A Nasty Soggy Mess

We Grow Ichiban Egg Plant
Slice It Thin And Dehydrate It
Great Lasagna Noodle Replacement
I never heard of moussaka until she told me about it. She then promised I’d like it, and I did.

This all started over lunch after I made a comment about liking eggplant parmigiana. That’s when I first heard about moussaka.

It's too hot to eat hot food. I'm going to have a glass of homemade lemonade and a bowl of toasted almond ice cream.

It's too hot to eat hot food. I'm going to have a glass of homemade lemonade and a bowl of toasted almond ice cream.
It's Going To Get Too Hot To Cook In The House
I Have A Green Egg, A Weber Kettle
And My Wife Just Bought What Looks Like A Micro-Weber
It Has A Circular Vent In The Lid
Two Sliding Vents On The Bottom Sides, $15....
I'll Get Two Cornish Hens
See If I Can Get A Low & Slow Smoke Out Of It

Grill.jpeg

Yep..
Just like a dash of cinnamon or a dash of powdered cocoa.
But ya gotta be careful!!!! You'll fuck up a whole pot of sauce if ya over do it!

Yes, as with all cooking, add a little at a time, taste it, then add a little more if needed. You can't take it out once it's in.

2grQOMF.jpg

I love salmon, and fish and seafood in general, but I rarely get to have it, since it's pretty pricey here in the desert, and getting enough for the whole family breaks the budget.

Parchment paper baked cod with gojujang-ginger glaze over a bed of asparagus, zucchini, and broccoli.

For the missus and the oldest boy anyway.

Okayu for the baby.

I'll probably open a can of soup for me later and eat it from the can while working.

Last edited:
kim chi with kim chi, I breathe kim chi on people who eat my kimbap , while I eat kim chi, in a hanbok from Hanoi, im hangok. Not really. gogogeuyumjujang. Wow I also mainly had salmon. oh wait you had Cheeburgers...

Forum List

Back