Well? What did you have for dinner tonight??

Dick Foster said:
I did a whole shoulder the other day. We've had three meals out of it then bagged meal sized portions and froze the rest.

It took about 18 hours in the smoker.
That Was Mine, 8#
I Smoked It Plain
Half For BBQ Sauce, The Other Seasoned For Burrito Meat
I Cook New Sides Each Nite
I Need To Bake Some Biscuits....

Unkotare said:
Every pizza I eat ends up a log eventually.
Got It...

I Think Rolling A Really Thin Crust Pizza
Might Be An Interesting Experiment

I Use Flour Tortillas More Than Bread

My son is home. He wants his girlfriend to come over for dinner. So, I'm making bruschetta with caponata and one with a lemon ricotta/fontina topping, crostini with spicy Italian sausage and spinach, pasta carbonara and zabaglione with blackberries and raspberries.

Missing: salad. Damn.

My son is home. He wants his girlfriend to come over for dinner. So, I'm making bruschetta with caponata and one with a lemon ricotta/fontina topping, crostini with spicy Italian sausage and spinach, pasta carbonara and zabaglione with blackberries and raspberries.

You're Gonna Run Her Off
You Know Girls Today
Have Trouble Cooking Grilled Cheese Sammiches

You're Gonna Run Her Off
You Know Girls Today

I hope not. This one is allegedly not allergic to anything and actually eats. The last one was allergic to everything good and holy. Besides, it's the one true way to maintain Sunday dinners.

Whole chicken cooked on the Green Egg.
My Wife Got Me One Of Those, The 18" One
I Also Have A Weber Kettle
A Coleman Dbl Burner Camp Stove
And This Little 14" Table Top Job, With Big Grill Features
Not Bad At All For $15 Bucks ^ ^ ^
I Did A Low & Slow Experiment On Game Hens
4hrs The Same Way I Would Have Done It In The Weber

I'm Doing Most My Cooking On The Deck
Keeps From Heating The House While The A/C Is Running

I Have Some Frozen Fruit Mix
I Think I'll Go Fire Up My Table-Top Grill

Last edited:
My son is home. He wants his girlfriend to come over for dinner. So, I'm making bruschetta with caponata and one with a lemon ricotta/fontina topping, crostini with spicy Italian sausage and spinach, pasta carbonara and zabaglione with blackberries and raspberries. Missing: salad. Damn.
Can I come? I think I was Italian in a previous lifetime.

My son is home. He wants his girlfriend to come over for dinner. So, I'm making bruschetta with caponata and one with a lemon ricotta/fontina topping, crostini with spicy Italian sausage and spinach, pasta carbonara and zabaglione with blackberries and raspberries. Missing: salad. Damn.

Absolutely.

Absolutely.
IKR?

You're Gonna Run Her Off
You Know Girls Today

Too sadly true. The level of basic domestic skills people have these days is appalling to me. I have encountered people who don't even understand the basic of mopping a floor correctly, which seems to me to be basic common sense.

Cecilie1200 said:
The level of basic domestic skills people have these days is appalling to me. I have encountered people who don't even understand the basic of mopping a floor correctly, which seems to me to be basic common sense.
Cooking:
Buy It In A Bag
And Microwave It

Cecilie1200 said:
The level of basic domestic skills people have these days is appalling to me. I have encountered people who don't even understand the basic of mopping a floor correctly, which seems to me to be basic common sense.
Cooking:
Buy It In A Bag
And Microwave It

Tell me about it. It's next to impossible to find a place to live that has a decent kitchen any more. They're all glorified walk-in closets with a microwave and a SMALL refrigerator shoehorned in. God forbid anyone actually want to cook dinners from scratch any more. Counter space? Why would you need that beyond a place to keep the coffeemaker and toaster?

I've tried explaining how I make the very basic foods I bring to work for my lunch, and you'd think I was describing experimental physics or something, judging by the looks on people's faces. It's a casserole, honey, not rocket science! Sheesh.

Cecilie1200 said:
Cooking:
Buy It In A Bag
And Microwave It

Tell me about it. It's next to impossible to find a place to live that has a decent kitchen any more. They're all glorified walk-in closets with a microwave and a SMALL refrigerator shoehorned in. God forbid anyone actually want to cook dinners from scratch any more. Counter space? Why would you need that beyond a place to keep the coffeemaker and toaster?

I've tried explaining how I make the very basic foods I bring to work for my lunch, and you'd think I was describing experimental physics or something, judging by the looks on people's faces. It's a casserole, honey, not rocket science! Sheesh.

Them: "I can't cook"

Me: "just add heat"

If you can follow basic instructions you can cook. I've never understood someone saying "I can't cook"

Can you read? Ok, then you can cook. Lol.

Forum List

Back