Well? What did you have for dinner tonight??

Today is my birthday and my birthday dinner was at my son's home. We had lemon pepper chicken, refried rice and brocolli with cheesecake for desert.

My favorites! It was great!

Today is my birthday and my birthday dinner was at my son's home. We had lemon pepper chicken, refried rice and brocolli with cheesecake for desert.

My favorites! It was great!

Broccoli cheesecake sounds kinda nasty.

Meatloaf with mozzarella, ricotta, and Parmesan. It is being served with zucchini, mashed potatoes and rolls. I really don't like meatloaf. It's like if I can make it into a meatball it's all good.

Meatloaf with mozzarella, ricotta, and Parmesan. It is being served with zucchini, mashed potatoes and rolls. I really don't like meatloaf. It's like if I can make it into a meatball it's all good.

What a coinkidink! I'm making meatloaf tonight too - a recipe customized by my dear old dad. It has onions, garlic, mushrooms, bread crumbs, tomato sauce, eggs, parsley, salt and pep - and of course ground beef. I mainly make it because the leftovers are faboo for sammiches.

What a coinkidink! I'm making meatloaf tonight too - a recipe customized by my dear old dad. It has onions, garlic, mushrooms, bread crumbs, tomato sauce, eggs, parsley, salt and pep - and of course ground beef. I mainly make it because the leftovers are faboo for sammiches.
I don't mind the left overs as sandwiches either. In fact, they are pretty darn good.

I don't mind the left overs as sandwiches either. In fact, they are pretty darn good.

Meatloaf sammiches are delish!

Italian beef sandwiches.

Better Than Chicago's Best Italian Beef Sandwich

Follow the insructions and these are simply great.

Only change I made was adding 1/2 tsp of ground rosemary to the seasoning mix.

I saved the gravy from my first try at this, froze it, then added the new gravy to it this time around.

The recipe calls for heating the gravy and using that to cook your medium rare slices of beef. Point being it picks up flavor as it is used.

I also microwaved the bun for 25 seconds as the beef was being heated, which heated it a bit and gave it a bit of chewyness.

Cook the meat, as instructed, for 60 seconds only and spoon some gravy on the bun before loading up the meat.

These will rival any italian beef you've had anywhere. Once you've tweaked it to exactly how you like it these are stupid good....

Shepherd's pie tonight. Had to use up my leftover mashed potatoes! It was delicious! :) I put cheddar cheese in my shepherd's pie and sprinkle some cayenne pepper on top before I bake it. That adds a nice little kick to it.

Forum List

Back