Well? What did you have for dinner tonight??

Ruby trout tonight... been thinking of making cornbread with hush puppy flavors... haven't figure that out yet. But that is what I am thinking. (not fried)
I Learned A Trick Eating Trout
Bake Or Grill Them Whole
Head, Skin, Scales & All
When Done, The Waste All Peels Right Off
I Waste Less Fish That Way Too
Plus You Get All That Omega Stuff

Ruby trout tonight... been thinking of making cornbread with hush puppy flavors... haven't figure that out yet. But that is what I am thinking. (not fried)
Bake Or Grill Them Whole
Head, Skin, Scales & All
I agree, it stays moister also. Around here though whole fish is not often offered. I do however always buy whole filet with skin on. Trout is easy to over cook and dry out, so I cook wrapped in foil at a higher temp for less time.
Trout and Char are my two favorite fish.

Bake Or Grill Them Whole
Head, Skin, Scales & All
I agree, it stays moister also. Around here though whole fish is not often offered. I do however always buy whole filet with skin on. Trout is easy to over cook and dry out, so I cook wrapped in foil at a higher temp for less time.
Trout and Char are my two favorite fish.
We used to take Sea Bass fillets, place em on foil, a little beer, some seasoned salt, a slice of onion, a slice of lemon, a dab of butter. Wrap up the foil tightly and stick them in hot coals, don't remember for how long.

Stacked red chili enchiladas
I Make My Enchiladas With My Leftovers
What I've Been Disappointed With
Is I Don't Use Enough Sauce On Them
They Taste Good, But Don't Look Right
Next Batch, I'm Going To Drown Them
And My Wife Just Brought Home A Jar Of Roasted Chilis

Lamb chops
And Roasted acorn squash stuffed with dried cranberries, walnuts and apples. Drizzled with pure maple syrup and rosemary.
So I Put A Roast Beef Out In The Grill
Along With 2 Acorn Halves
I Wanted To Try Your Version Of Squash
I Didn't Have Dried Crans, But I Have Fresh
So I Diced Them Up Good, Some Bartlett Pear Too
Minced It Up With Brown Sugar And Butter
-- I Was Looking At Maple Syrup In The Store Today
But Couldn't Remember Why --
Anyway, We've Always Just Done Them w/Butter And The Sugar
This Was A Good Change
Don't Know Why We've Never Thought Of Anything Like This Before
But Thanx For The Idea, Broke Us Out Of A Rut

Lamb chops
And Roasted acorn squash stuffed with dried cranberries, walnuts and apples. Drizzled with pure maple syrup and rosemary.
So I Put A Roast Beef Out In The Grill
Along With 2 Acorn Halves
I Wanted To Try Your Version Of Squash
I Didn't Have Dried Crans, But I Have Fresh
So I Diced Them Up Good, Some Bartlett Pear Too
Minced It Up With Brown Sugar And Butter
-- I Was Looking At Maple Syrup In The Store Today
But Couldn't Remember Why --
Anyway, We've Always Just Done Them w/Butter And The Sugar
This Was A Good Change
Don't Know Why We've Never Thought Of Anything Like This Before
But Thanx For The Idea, Broke Us Out Of A Rut
It is awesome, the first time we "stuffed" acorn squash...felt exactly the same - why did we never think of this before? Acorn squash is really healthy, by far the most nutritious of the squash family - but also the most ignored.
They are awesome, you can stuff them with savory or sweet... darn near make it like a dessert even.

iamwhatiseem said:
It is awesome, the first time we "stuffed" acorn squash...felt exactly the same - why did we never think of this before? Acorn squash is really healthy, by far the most nutritious of the squash family - but also the most ignored.
They are awesome, you can stuff them with savory or sweet... darn near make it like a dessert even.
HA !!
I Started Eating It And Thought
'A Dollop Of Vanilla Ice Cream....'

I am so full... The variety of culinary delights here in the Aloha State is almost limitless...

Pan-fried Noodles with Black Pepper Sauce and Beef

o.jpg

:sleep:

We finished off the last of a roasted pork tenderloin with apricot sauce tonight. Tomorrow my aunt and her next door neighbor who is a good friend will be here for our regular Sunday lunch and a movie. I'm planning a chicken alfredo dish with a gelatin salad, a tossed green salad, and peach pie for dessert.

My oldest boy and the Mrs. enjoyed my world famous (ok, in my world) pasta sauce.

I made vegan paella tonight. It was guuuuud and surprisingly easy to make.

I should've taken a pic.

I am having cod and ex is having barbque chicken (oven), baked taters, corn. For dessert....hmm. Not sure yet. Probably a nilla shake.

And you?

It's not pretty, but this is Salsbury steak and mashed potatos. I hate that shit. When I was in the navy, I would always get this crap in my MRE's. So here is what I do, bust up the meat and add the potatos and about 5 shakes of cholula sauce. All of a sudden it's awesome. Looks like the bottom of a porta potty, but it tasted good and fills you up.

image.jpeg

I am making a roasted eggplant and ricotta sauce over ziti with Tuscan bread. I was going to make panna cotta but went to the movies instead.

Forum List

Back