Well? What did you have for dinner tonight??

I just have to say...the beans I made were FABULOUS.

I used the huge hambone from our Easter ham...the ham itself was yummy, but super gnarly...I cooked it forever, it didn't get tender, the meat/fat/gristle was so intertwined that it was really hard to get decent sized chunks of meat, we had to really turn and poke and chop...

But omigosh, the broth it made!

I just have to say...the beans I made were FABULOUS.

I used the huge hambone from our Easter ham...the ham itself was yummy, but super gnarly...I cooked it forever, it didn't get tender, the meat/fat/gristle was so intertwined that it was really hard to get decent sized chunks of meat, we had to really turn and poke and chop...

But omigosh, the broth it made!

Hmmm-hmmm-hmmm.

Pot roast cooked in beer, potatoes, carrots, salad. Dessert was peanut butter oatmeal cookies.

Can I have the recipe for that? I could literally live off pot roast every single day and die a happy man, but never had it cooked in beer.

Pot roast cooked in beer, potatoes, carrots, salad. Dessert was peanut butter oatmeal cookies.

Can I have the recipe for that? I could literally live off pot roast every single day and die a happy man, but never had it cooked in beer.
You should look into one of these, Paulie:

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Nordic-Ware-Microwave-Tender-Cooker/dp/B0007LC55A"]Amazon.com: Nordic Ware Microwave Tender Cooker 2.5 Quart: Kitchen & Dining[/ame]

366_55c3d77c8aa1102aaa910002b3267ad7.jpg

366_930253388aa2102aaa910002b3267ad7.jpg

I've had two over the past 15 years or so, and you can make a pot roast in about 45 minutes, a pork roast in about 55-60 minutes, and a small chicken in about 25 minutes. For pot roasts I just season the meat and put it in with a cut up carrot, onion, celery, garlic, and a bit of Burgundy wine, and it always comes out delicious, like it was in the oven for 3-4 hours.

I paid $25 for mine, but they've gone up to $50 now. You can find new and slightly used on eBay much cheaper:

Nordic Ware Microwave Tender Cooker | eBay

Last edited:

You should look into one of these, Paulie:

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Nordic-Ware-Microwave-Tender-Cooker/dp/B0007LC55A"]Amazon.com: Nordic Ware Microwave Tender Cooker 2.5 Quart: Kitchen & Dining[/ame]

366_55c3d77c8aa1102aaa910002b3267ad7.jpg

366_930253388aa2102aaa910002b3267ad7.jpg

I've had two over the past 15 years or so, and you can make a pot roast in about 45 minutes, a pork roast in about 55-60 minutes, and a small chicken in about 25 minutes. For pot roasts I just season the meat and put it in with a cut up carrot, onion, celery, garlic, and a bit of Burgundy wine, and it always comes out delicious, like it was in the oven for 3-4 hours.

I paid $25 for mine, but they've gone up to $50 now. You can find new and slightly used on eBay much cheaper:

Nordic Ware Microwave Tender Cooker | eBay

You don't put any kind of beef stock or anything in there? Just the burgundy?

Nope - it makes it's own gravy. :)

And I only put 1/4 cup of wine. They recommend that you use 1/4 cup of some liquid when cooking anything in it.

Some of those eBay prices are really good, for new and slightly used ones. I would tend to want one that has never been used, though...

And I only put 1/4 cup of wine. They recommend that you use 1/4 cup of some liquid when cooking anything in it.

Some of those eBay prices are really good, for new and slightly used ones. I would tend to want one that has never been used, though...

Yeah I don't want someone else's used cookware, who knows wtf they've had in there.

Yeah I don't want someone else's used cookware, who knows wtf they've had in there.
I'm guessing that a lot of the new ones on eBay are unwanted gifts. My second one came from eBay and didn't have a mark on it.

When I first discovered them, I bought 4 of them for family members, but I know my stepmom has never used hers - she's afraid of it blowing up in her microwave. :lol:

Forum List

Back