Well? What did you have for dinner tonight??

BBQ beef bulgogi tonight, with rice and chap jae. Yummy.

Lucky, I love bulgogi and kim chi.

Oh yeah, himchi too, and various other side dishes. Birthday party at a friends this evening. Going to help with the cooking later (I've spent a couple years working/living in Korea so I'm familiar with all their foods, even the foods with brains and eyeballs, ha. Gawd, I use to get so drunk over there and sampled some of the most unusual foods, but I liked them all. I haven't met a food I haven't liked yet. I eat almost anything.

Korean food is really good and very under rated, not alot of people know about it.

Oddly underrated. It seems a natural for American tastes.

Most people who taste Korean food for the first time seem to like it, their BBQ is amazing. Some friends of mine served in Korea and love the cuisine there.

I had some really great food in Pusan.

When I was deployed to Kuwait they had a little Asian restaurant on post that served Korean and Phillipino food, me and my co workers used to eat there every Friday night after work, bulgogi and white rice, loved it.

Oddly underrated. It seems a natural for American tastes.

Most people who taste Korean food for the first time seem to like it, their BBQ is amazing. Some friends of mine served in Korea and love the cuisine there.

I had some really great food in Pusan.

Kimchee!!!!!!

Man, I love that city! Seems to me the Admiral Yi and the Cherry Blossom festival should be happening about now in Chin-hee just up the road along the coast.

Tonight it is homemade bar-b-qued baby back ribs, roasting ears, roasted potatoes and veggies with homemade French bread.

This week has been killer; we've been getting in at about 10:30 at night and the kids are usually exhausted and hungry, so we've been having easy late night suppers. I haven't been home to cook, I come home with them, so it's been stuff like eggs and grilled cheese and tomato soup.

We were late last night, then had to be somewhere at 7:30 this morning...so I dug out the big ham bone (with about 1/3 or so of the ham sitll on) from Easter out of the freezer and stuck it in a pot with beans. We're having bean soup for the next couple of days. It's easy and the kids like it. I'll make some corn bread for them, and fruit for dessert, that should work okay....

• Thanks
Reactions: NLT
This week has been killer; we've been getting in at about 10:30 at night and the kids are usually exhausted and hungry, so we've been having easy late night suppers. I haven't been home to cook, I come home with them, so it's been stuff like eggs and grilled cheese and tomato soup.

We were late last night, then had to be somewhere at 7:30 this morning...so I dug out the big ham bone (with about 1/3 or so of the ham sitll on) from Easter out of the freezer and stuck it in a pot with beans. We're having bean soup for the next couple of days. It's easy and the kids like it. I'll make some corn bread for them, and fruit for dessert, that should work okay....

beans and cornbread :clap2: Good to eat, sticks to the bones, watch out for the gas later :D

The kids do get fairly stinky sometimes, lol. But after spending hours in a boys' dressing room and a stuffy green room full of kids, it's small potatoes...

I save bacon grease. I have a special receptacle for it, and my skillet often has some in it. Yesterday morning I cooked eggs in bacon grease from frying 2 lbs of bacon for a potluck (potato bar).

Tonight was homemade chicken and broccoli stir fry with rice noodles. The apple crisp desert is in the oven now. :eusa_drool:

Last edited:

Forum List

Back