Well? What did you have for dinner tonight??

I'm packing up the kids and heading to your house!

Then get your butt over here and help me clean up! You can start by setting the table and arranging the flowers. ;)

I'm making the ham, some of the appetizers, the fruit salad, au gratin potatoes and the carrots.

My daughter is making the salad, her husband the pies, and both are making some appetizers.

My German friend, her husband, and her mom are making the lamb chops, the smashed potatoes, the plum cake, and asparagus. She is making the 'sounds fabulous', salsa and goat cheese.

It's at my house, so libations are on me. ;)

Beer: 312 and Leinenkugel's Summer Shandy
Wine: Merlot, Shriaz, Ménage à Trois Red and Mescato, Chardonnay.
Coffee, Diet Coke, Sprite, milk, and tea available. Hell there's 18 cans of Arizona Tea of various flavors and sugars. ;)

We had chicken and dumplings tonight. I made some killer lime jello salad with lime jello, cream cheese, pineapple, coolwhip and chopped pecans..oh my.

Tomorrow it's ham (shocking, I know.) and potato salad. Peas. Biscuits I think, since I have them on hand. I know, it's not the Ritz but I think we'll do okay.

I love Chicken n' Dumplings! Last year I made them for my good friends. For days they said a snowstorm was going to hit and it did, just as I got my butt home at 2:30. I got the dinner going, my girlfriend came in about 4. It started to snow. When her husband joined us and dinner was about to start at 5:30, he said, "It's a bitch out there."

For an hour and a half we ate, drank and enjoyed ourselves, though keeping an eye on flakes and streetlights. They live next door. So around 7:45, seemed time to say goodnight.

The front door wouldn't open. Husband of friend put his should to it and got out. He got my shovel out of garage and cleared a path. The poor man removed over 8" from my short walk and rather larger driveway. They went home. In the morning, over 2 ft of windswept whitestuff, some over 3 ft!

I swore I'd never make 'comfort food' again.

I did this year, no snow. Think I'm safe?

I spent the entire afternoon cooking a couple racks o' baby backs.
3 hrs. in a low oven with rub, one hour on a low flame grill.

It's tricky using a gas grill and the results aren't quite as good. I made a hickory chip pouch with tin foil which gave me some decent smoke action. Turned out pretty damn good.

I spent the entire afternoon cooking a couple racks o' baby backs.
3 hrs. in a low oven with rub, one hour on a low flame grill.

It's tricky using a gas grill and the results aren't quite as good. I made a hickory chip pouch with tin foil which gave me some decent smoke action. Turned out pretty damn good.

I have a pork butt in the Big Green Egg for a low and slow smoke.

It's pulled pork with spicy sauce and french fires for supper tonight.

Grilled cheese Sandwich but not just any grilled cheese sandwich, it had a slice each of cheddar,munster and jack cheese with bacon, tomato and avocado.

Corn salsa, peach apple sauce and pineapple cranberry cobbler.

Chicken strips marinated in dark soy sauce, ginger and garlic, sauteed in canola oil with a few drops of sesame oil added. Fresh broccoli sauteed in the leftover oil with jasmine rice.

Last night we had glazed ham slices, pot roast, meat loaf, sweet potato souffle, potato salad, cole slaw, and a great strawberry salad washed down with raspberry tea.

Left overs. :)

Tonight for supper I had turkey, mashed potatoes with gravy, and green beans. Washed it all down with a glass of water.

Did that all come out of a box that said "Banquet" on it?

:lol:

I met a dude on the net once that didn't even know how to cook rice. Everything he had ever eaten came from either a box or can. He looked it too. I also think that crap has had a serious negative side effect on his brain. Odd too is he didn't make much money, yet he ate the worst tasting and least nutritional food which actually costs more than real food does. I think he's dead now, heart attack, he was fat and his diet made him lazy and stupid.

For tonight I dumped a bunch of real food into the crockpot. It should become a delicious stew by supper time. Bread will be rising above the warming stove shortly before, garlic I think it will be. Drink will be orange soda, made with real sugar using my sodastream machine for a fraction of cost that canned corn syrup version sells in stores for.

??????????????????????????

You really eat tofu? Voluntarily? I've eaten that soup you mention while living in Asia for a couple years, but I was told I was pretty damn drunk. I heard that if you eat too much of that tofu, it can make you become a gay libtard. Be careful.

I'm making split pea soup in the crockpot today. Bought some liverwurst to make a sandwich to go with that soup. Will probably wash it down with a couple beers tonight.

Tonight I'm making Hawaiian BBQ without actually using a grill or BBQ.

Boneless, skinless chicken thighs, pounded then baked in Yoshida Teryaki. Pour the whole thing, chicken and sauce, over finely shredded, raw Napa cabbage which absorbs the sauce and chicken fat. Serve over brown rice and have the Srirachi handy.

Tonight I'm making Hawaiian BBQ without actually using a grill or BBQ.

Boneless, skinless chicken thighs, pounded then baked in Yoshida Teryaki. Pour the whole thing, chicken and sauce, over finely shredded, raw Napa cabbage which absorbs the sauce and chicken fat. Serve over brown rice and have the Srirachi handy.

When I was in the service I used to have a neighbor from Hawaii, I would always go over there to drink something or eat, he was always barbequing something, Hawaiian food is very under rated.

Forum List

Back