🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Wendy's??

Canon Shooter

Diamond Member
Jan 7, 2020
I'm not big on fast food, but I found this interesting.

I was surprised recently to see three local Wendy's restaurants closed up shop pretty much overnight. I have a friends who has two kids who were employed by one of them, and they learned of the closings via text the morning of the day they were supposed to work. No reason for the closures has been given.

Now I see that Wendy's has a number of lawsuits against them due to an E-Coli outbreak in the midwest.

Wendy's E. coli illnesses top 75 as lawsuits against fast-food giant roll in

Anyone hear of any other troubles with this chain?

Haven’t been to one in years, but I remember they made a decent burger.

Not any more.
Last one I had was a year ago and it was disgusting. Couldn't even finish it.
Most of the Wendy's around here are deserted with no customers.
Pizza Huts the same thing.
The downward spiral of a failing business.
Hardee's are closing a lot of shops.
We used to call them Hardlys.

They always touted the fact that their burgers were never frozen.

It's probably been a year or two since I had a Wendy's burger but, yeah, it was okay...

Not any more.

I can recall an outfit named Wetson's in the northeast back in the 60's and 70's. I can't remember if the burgers were good or bad but I know they were only 15¢ a piece...

Depends on which one you visit.
They claim they dont start cooking your burger until you order it which is absolute bullshit.
Of course that goes for all fast food places in the city where the rush of customers at lunch and dinner make that impossible.
Hit one in the boonies and you still have to pull up and wait even if you're the only one in line.

I have long been a regular customer at Wendy's, and the quality of everything just makes it look like nobody gives a shit any more.

Their salads are smaller than before and a little more expensive, but are still pretty good. I like their spicy chicken sandwich, which is a real piece of chicken breast, breaded and fried.

But Chik-fil-Ay is kicking their asses all over the country. Good food, clean restaurant, friendly staff, cute girls. And they are closed on Sunday.

I can only speak for the Wendy's in my area, but customer service is abysmal, especially since they put in self-serve ordering kiosks if you're dining in.

Dave Thomas would be saddened.

People are eating less meat & processed foods.

Republicans already poisoned US citizens, cigarettes, bad food, major disease, high medical bills & shorter life expectancy.

Cigarettes gave Republican President Eisenhower a heart attack, but they blamed it on fat foods instead of their big tobacco donors. Then allowed big tobacco to buy up the food companies & poison us all with their synthetic fat, high sugar, salt, "healthy food".

They also soaked all our our clothes, furniture, curtains, bedding, upholstery, etc. in toxic flame retardants, because their big tobacco donors cigarettes caused to many fires & they didn't want a ban or to pay extra for fire safe cigarettes.

They paid actors to smoke in movies, plastered advertisements everywhere, blasted the airwaves about low fat salty food promoting trans fats Crisco & Margarine.

They promoted oxycodone, tobacco, trans-fats, sugar all of which killed their ditto-head leader Rush Limbaugh.

I can recall an outfit named Wetson's in the northeast back in the 60's and 70's. I can't remember if the burgers were good or bad but I know they were only 15¢ a piece...
There comes a point that quantity can be better than quality.

Their chili was always good. And I always had the hots for Wendy Thomas.

1661377331591.png

Republicans already poisoned US citizens, cigarettes, bad food, major disease, high medical bills & shorter life expectancy.

Cigarettes gave Republican President Eisenhower a heart attack, but they blamed it on fat foods instead of their big tobacco donors. Then allowed big tobacco to buy up the food companies & poison us all with their synthetic fat, high sugar, salt, "healthy food".

They also soaked all our our clothes, furniture, curtains, bedding, upholstery, etc. in toxic flame retardants, because their big tobacco donors cigarettes caused to many fires & they didn't want a ban or to pay extra for fire safe cigarettes.

They paid actors to smoke in movies, plastered advertisements everywhere, blasted the airwaves about low fat salty food promoting trans fats Crisco & Margarine.

They promoted oxycodone, tobacco, trans-fats, sugar all of which killed their ditto-head leader Rush Limbaugh.

Partisan idiot.

Not any more.
Two Hardee's in my city have closed. A second Wendy's location recently opened.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

P.S. Two Hardee's locations are still here. Our second Arby's location is on the way.

So, the short answer is that you can't answer my question.

Got it...

smh

Not Wendy's specific ... but aren't we seeing a general downturn in the restaurant and hospitality sectors? ... for us here locally, these fast food joints are only running drive-through ... part because of a lack of business and part a lack of employees ... minimum wage doesn't pay the rent ...

Depends on which one you visit.
They claim they dont start cooking your burger until you order it which is absolute bullshit.
Of course that goes for all fast food places in the city where the rush of customers at lunch and dinner make that impossible.
Hit one in the boonies and you still have to pull up and wait even if you're the only one in line.
I have never seen them make that claim,,

When I was very young, I worked a boatload of fast food joints. Both franchise and mom and pop types.

The difference between on Wendy's and other can be tremendous. It depends on the owner, the management and employees chosen to work there. The Wendy's I worked at was among the cleanest, nicest and most caring of all the fast food joints I had worked.

Course, that was long ago- they may be a shithole now.

I should go and visit there and see.

Forum List

Back