🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Wendy's??

Two Hardee's in my city have closed. A second Wendy's location recently opened.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

P.S. Two Hardee's locations are still here. Our second Arby's location is on the way.

We don't have too many Hardee's restaurants left in northeast Florida.

Out west they're known as Carl's Jr...

People are eating less meat & processed foods.

Republicans already poisoned US citizens, cigarettes, bad food, major disease, high medical bills & shorter life expectancy.

Cigarettes gave Republican President Eisenhower a heart attack, but they blamed it on fat foods instead of their big tobacco donors. Then allowed big tobacco to buy up the food companies & poison us all with their synthetic fat, high sugar, salt, "healthy food".

They also soaked all our our clothes, furniture, curtains, bedding, upholstery, etc. in toxic flame retardants, because their big tobacco donors cigarettes caused to many fires & they didn't want a ban or to pay extra for fire safe cigarettes.

They paid actors to smoke in movies, plastered advertisements everywhere, blasted the airwaves about low fat salty food promoting trans fats Crisco & Margarine.

They promoted oxycodone, tobacco, trans-fats, sugar all of which killed their ditto-head leader Rush Limbaugh.
There is a whole bunch of crap that can be typed. Progs are part of this. Big time. One thing though. We live a lot longer than a century ago on average. And just for kicks...Are all of the young mothers cooking and baking from scratch for the utmost quality for their children? Or are they purchasing processed canned and frozen processed foods and lunchmeats, hot dogs and other processed meats? How about pastries and cookies with a lot of additives in them? There is more...Many of these women are Progs.

Not Wendy's specific ... but aren't we seeing a general downturn in the restaurant and hospitality sectors? ... for us here locally, these fast food joints are only running drive-through ... part because of a lack of business and part a lack of employees ... minimum wage doesn't pay the rent ...

Unless you're management, those fast food positions are traditionally held by the very young. Usually still in school kids needing money of their own for clothes, weed, cars- whatever young people want and need.

When I was very young, I worked a boatload of fast food joints. Both franchise and mom and pop types.

The difference between on Wendy's and other can be tremendous. It depends on the owner, the management and employees chosen to work there. The Wendy's I worked at was among the cleanest, nicest and most caring of all the fast food joints I had worked.

Course, that was long ago- they may be a shithole now.

I should go and visit there and see.

There's a reason why those Wendy's as well as other places are having problems with e Coli: The economy is shit and nobody can find good employees or managers. The good people in this country were either lost in the "Great Resignation" or found themselves a good side-hustle during the pandemic. Now employers are being stuck having to hire people who wouldn't have been hired, pre-pandemic.

I mean have you see the complete lack of quality employees lately? They get the job, stay around for a few days or weeks, and then they're gone, replaced with some other schmuck who walked in off the streets.

And the hell of it is, it's only going to get worse as the recession starts taking its toll on the economy, and more businesses start going tits up.

There's a reason why those Wendy's as well as other places are having problems with e Coli: The economy is shit and nobody can find good employees or managers. The good people in this country were either lost in the "Great Resignation" or found themselves a good side-hustle during the pandemic. Now employers are being stuck having to hire people who wouldn't have been hired, pre-pandemic.

I mean have you see the complete lack of quality employees lately? They get the job, stay around for a few days or weeks, and then they're gone, replaced with some other schmuck who walked in off the streets.

And the hell of it is, it's only going to get worse as the recession starts taking its toll on the economy, and more businesses start going tits up.
The great resignation was a great thing. I sure as heck am not staying on a job for the good of the country. People had enough of working and it's great they retired

When I was very young, I worked a boatload of fast food joints. Both franchise and mom and pop types.

The difference between on Wendy's and other can be tremendous. It depends on the owner, the management and employees chosen to work there. The Wendy's I worked at was among the cleanest, nicest and most caring of all the fast food joints I had worked.

Course, that was long ago- they may be a shithole now.

I should go and visit there and see.

The one down the street from us has gone down hill.
They used to serve fresh burgers that were juicy and you could tell they just came off the grill.
These days they're dry as a piece of beef jerky and are cold when you get them home making it obvious they were precooked.

I can recall an outfit named Wetson's in the northeast back in the 60's and 70's. I can't remember if the burgers were good or bad but I know they were only 15¢ a piece...
OMG!!!!
You just brought back my childhood in BROOKLYN!!!

Not any more.
Last one I had was a year ago and it was disgusting. Couldn't even finish it.
Most of the Wendy's around here are deserted with no customers.
Pizza Huts the same thing.
The downward spiral of a failing business.
Hardee's are closing a lot of shops.
We used to call them Hardlys.
seems that the future is almost upon us.

Not any more.
Last one I had was a year ago and it was disgusting. Couldn't even finish it.
Most of the Wendy's around here are deserted with no customers.
Pizza Huts the same thing.
The downward spiral of a failing business.
Hardee's are closing a lot of shops.
We used to call them Hardlys.
Of the major burger chains, Wendy’s used to be my favorite.
But haven’t been to one in years
Out west I used to like Carl’s Jr. and In and Out

Don’t like any Pizza chains

The great resignation was a great thing. I sure as heck am not staying on a job for the good of the country. People had enough of working and it's great they retired

It probably didn't help that they got all that COVID stimulus money, reprieve on evictions, PPP giveaways, and student loan pausing, though. Many folks burned through or are still burning through their retirement accounts and savings, or working just meager-enough jobs to make ends meet. Others are having to work two jobs, in order to earn what the 8.5% inflation and high fuel prices are costing them. And now we're in a recession that could possibly last two years, according to some brainy Connecticut economics experts.

A recession could last 2 years according to Connecticut economics experts

Of the major burger chains, Wendy’s used to be my favorite.
But haven’t been to one in years
Out west I used to like Carl’s Jr. and In and Out

Don’t like any Pizza chains
Local pizza place I prefer.

I remember when Arby's used to slow roast their beef behind the counter and sliced it to order. That was the best.

Since they quit that, it isn't the same.
Really have lost my taste for fast food but will occasionally do a Culver's. At least that is usually freshly cooked.

Local pizza place I prefer.

I remember when Arby's used to slow roast their beef behind the counter and sliced it to order. That was the best.

Since they quit that, it isn't the same.
Really have lost my taste for fast food but will occasionally do a Culver's. At least that is usually freshly cooked.

Culver's is one place I'd go to any day. Kwik-Trip's not bad either, if you want a fast meal.

Haven’t been to one in years, but I remember they made a decent burger.

Far as fast food goes they have the best hamburger far as I'm concerned.

But I don't go there anymore really. Their prices are a bit high and they fuck up every single order I place because it's run by all kids and I never see one adult in there.

Ever since they went to natural cut fries they aren't as good either as the old style ones.

Ever since Whataburger sold out to a chicago investment firm it's gone to shit.
It's not like they had a cheap burger before this happened. For a triple meat with cheese,onion rings and a drink it was around $14 bucks.
But they were actually good so I didnt mind paying.
Now it's more expensive and the quality has gone down hill.

Forum List

Back