🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Wendy's??

It seems all the White Castles are gone from around here.

I used to eat a lot of those when I lived on 95th and Cicero in Oak Lawn, IL back in the early 50's.

Hint: Don't try the frozen ones from the supermarket. They suck.

And don't go to 95th and Cicero in Oak Lawn, IL any more, unless youse wanted to get mugged.

Buncha old fucks sittin around bitchin!!

When I was young, we didn't have fancy lollipops! No! We glued rocks on sticks and sucks on those and WE LIKED IT!!
;)

Location is a factor. Starbucks left Seattle because they couldn't stop junkies from using the bathrooms to shoot dope. Maybe the Wendy's franchise had the same problem.

https://www.google.com/maps/@38.4819943,-121.504717,311m/data=!3m1!1e3

This is the location of my first project with my current employer. I was building a solar power system on the roof of his Home Depot.

At the start of the project, I was going to Wendy's for lunch, to the location just south of the Home Depot. I was frustrated by the slowness of the service, but as the next nearest fast food place was quite a bit farther, I figured I'd not do better going anywhere else.

At some point, I did try going to the next fast food place out, a McDonald's off to the southwest. It turns out that in spite of the greater distance, and more complex traffic to get there, going to McDonald's did get me my lunch faster, and got me back to work faster. On top of that, it also got me a better meal, at a lower cost.

No more of my business for Wendy's.

I don't know that it's fair to assume that my experience was reflective of the whole chain.

Avoid eating fast food.

It's not good for you.

When these fast food places close, it's a blessing in disguise.

Believe me.

The Wendy's in my area closed a couple years ago. I went there a few times and it seemed OK. I like fast food, especially Chik fil a, Panda Express, and those totally non nutritional tacos from Jack In Box. The local taco wagon has great food!!

The only fast food establishments that are consistently reliable anymore are Chick-fil-A and Culver’s. Must be because they are Christian-oriented.
The Chick-fil-a grilled sandwich with hot cheese is quite good. Their sauce is really good too.

I don't even remember what fast food tastes like. :dunno:

I know I am in the minority here, but I like to cook my food at home.

I don't even remember what fast food tastes like. :dunno:

I know I am in the minority here, but I like to cook my food at home.
Depends on the fast food. I agree, cooking for yourself is best. I enjoy cooking, it's like a meditation to me and I do it most every day except if I'm out somewhere when I do have fast food. I usually order the smallest portion and never buy the drinks, they charge way too much for drinks. I bring my own bottled water.

Last edited:
Depends on the fast food. I agree, cooking for yourself is best. I enjoy cooking, it's like a meditation to me and I do it most every day except if I'm out somewhere when I do have fast food.

I understand. :)

They always touted the fact that their burgers were never frozen.

It's probably been a year or two since I had a Wendy's burger but, yeah, it was okay...
Are you a shill for their rivals? Wtf is going on here?

Wendy's makes one of the best hamburgers for the price there is.

I recommend the Wendy's double and the founder of Wendy's was a great guy.

Not Wendy's specific ... but aren't we seeing a general downturn in the restaurant and hospitality sectors? ... for us here locally, these fast food joints are only running drive-through ... part because of a lack of business and part a lack of employees ... minimum wage doesn't pay the rent ...
The rent thing is an entirely different subject.
You better have some roommates if you plan on making rent and work at Wendy's.
It can be done; but Rent is wayyyyyy too high right now, though. That's smashing the American Dream to pieces, and it's big banks and local government causing that. The housing has to go down.

Are you a shill for their rivals? Wtf is going on here?

Wendy's makes one of the best hamburgers for the price there is.

I recommend the Wendy's double and the founder of Wendy's was a great guy.

I loved the In and Out in Redding, Cali.

I don't think this pitiful state has any.

Forum List

Back