🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Wendy's??

Are you a shill for their rivals? Wtf is going on here?

Wendy's makes one of the best hamburgers for the price there is.

I recommend the Wendy's double and the founder of Wendy's was a great guy.

Wow, that was a pretty stupid post.

Three of their restaurants closed here in pretty short order and the staffs, apparently, weren't notified until the very last minute. They're in trouble in the midwest because of e-coli.

I don't eat a lot of fast food and, when I did, Wendy's was always on the short list for my go-to places.

A "shill"? That's pretty ignorant of you...

Wow, that was a pretty stupid post.

Three of their restaurants closed here in pretty short order and the staffs, apparently, weren't notified until the very last minute. They're in trouble in the midwest because of e-coli.

I don't eat a lot of fast food and, when I did, Wendy's was always on the short list for my go-to places.

A "shill"? That's pretty ignorant of you...
Sounds like you're some asshole dipshit to me.

Do you live in the 'hood by chance?
:dunno:
Maybe they got tired of the BS.

Last edited:
Are you a shill for their rivals? Wtf is going on here?

Wendy's makes one of the best hamburgers for the price there is.

I recommend the Wendy's double and the founder of Wendy's was a great guy.

Better than Whataburger?

I miss those since I moved up here from Texas 15 years ago.

People are eating less meat & processed foods.

Republicans already poisoned US citizens, cigarettes, bad food, major disease, high medical bills & shorter life expectancy.

Cigarettes gave Republican President Eisenhower a heart attack, but they blamed it on fat foods instead of their big tobacco donors. Then allowed big tobacco to buy up the food companies & poison us all with their synthetic fat, high sugar, salt, "healthy food".

They also soaked all our our clothes, furniture, curtains, bedding, upholstery, etc. in toxic flame retardants, because their big tobacco donors cigarettes caused to many fires & they didn't want a ban or to pay extra for fire safe cigarettes.

They paid actors to smoke in movies, plastered advertisements everywhere, blasted the airwaves about low fat salty food promoting trans fats Crisco & Margarine.

They promoted oxycodone, tobacco, trans-fats, sugar all of which killed their ditto-head leader Rush Limbaugh.
That is some funny BS you’re peddling thanks for the laugh.

Not Wendy's specific ... but aren't we seeing a general downturn in the restaurant and hospitality sectors? ... for us here locally, these fast food joints are only running drive-through ... part because of a lack of business and part a lack of employees ... minimum wage doesn't pay the rent ...
I don’t know of any restaurants in my town that pays less than $15 an hour.

Better than Whataburger?

I miss those since I moved up here from Texas 15 years ago.
I can't say better, but I can recommend it, and I know what a good hamburger is. I used to work at a restaurant where they had very good ones. Better than all fast food joints.

Toasted Wonder bun, inch-thick burger, all the sides n cheese right there, yeah. It wasn't supposed to be a burger joint, but they did have one of the best burgers ever.
It's hard to replicate what was there. That was serious good hamburgerage.

Last edited:
Sounds like you're some asshole dipshit to me.

Because questions frighten you.

I'd rather be an asshole then a bedwetter, you ignorant simp...

Do you live in the 'hood by chance?

Yeah, that's what it is.

Google "Ponte Vedra Beach", ass-licker. That's my 'hood...

:dunno:
Maybe they got tired of the BS.

Your post was ignorant and stupid. All I did was ask a question.

It's a pity that a little whiny pussy like you can't seem to deal with a simple question. It's clear you're just not smart enough...

Location is a factor. Starbucks left Seattle because they couldn't stop junkies from using the bathrooms to shoot dope. Maybe the Wendy's franchise had the same problem.

Well, if it was something like that, I think it would be a bit weird that it was only Wendy's. No other fast food joint here pulled up stakes. Second, it was only three of the area Wendy's restaurants. Others remain open (and I believe they're all owned by the same franchisee).

It's been a long time since I've eaten at Wendy's (or any other fast food joint except Chick-Fil-A and Culver's), so it doesn't really impact me. I just thought the way they were closed; not giving employees advance notice, etc, could be indicative of a larger problem...

They always touted the fact that their burgers were never frozen.

It's probably been a year or two since I had a Wendy's burger but, yeah, it was okay...
Wendy’s uses the beef that is left at the end of the day to make their chili rather than throwing it out. I find I still like their chili even though I know it contains left over beef. It’s tastes good.

Not any more.
Last one I had was a year ago and it was disgusting. Couldn't even finish it.
Most of the Wendy's around here are deserted with no customers.
Pizza Huts the same thing.
The downward spiral of a failing business.
Hardee's are closing a lot of shops.
We used to call them Hardlys.
Most of these places main issue's are dealing with these newer generation's of worker's today. They have been forced to hire people that could care less about even having a job much less doing an exceptional job when they get one. Orders are never right, food preparation sucks, food quality sucks, undercooked food is rampant, and in many places except for McDonald's I've noticed, is that there is no practicing of hygiene by the employee's. Dreadlocks flowing without hairnets, no sanitized gloves worn, 6" curling fingernails on both hands, filthy restrooms, bad attitudes, and so on and so forth. The management has lost control of their ship's, and have become derelict of their duties, but the main causes of the problems is the hiring practices of these chains. Wokeism is leading to brokism. The betrayal of one's customers in favor of political correctness and wokeism is a bad combination.

When will the nation ever learn ?

I used to eat a lot of those when I lived on 95th and Cicero in Oak Lawn, IL back in the early 50's.

Hint: Don't try the frozen ones from the supermarket. They suck.

And don't go to 95th and Cicero in Oak Lawn, IL any more, unless youse wanted to get mugged.
Yep, where I grew up in the 50s and 60s is niw a Terrible place also. We could ride our bikes, walk to school, and go anywhere we wanted without incident, but you can't do that anymore. The place is trash, but it's really amazing because we are talking prime real estate with a huge lake, but completely trashed now. Drugs, prostitution, murders, and pimp's are rampant in the old communities. Some hold outs still, but what a shame they became trapped.

I see the situation as being created by government, because government aided and abetted it all. Couldn't have happened without government involvement. The government be it federal state or local has destroyed more in this country than can be believed, and it's steady getting worse Anytime you create dependency, you create chaos and confusion.

I'm not big on fast food, but I found this interesting.

I was surprised recently to see three local Wendy's restaurants closed up shop pretty much overnight. I have a friends who has two kids who were employed by one of them, and they learned of the closings via text the morning of the day they were supposed to work. No reason for the closures has been given.

Now I see that Wendy's has a number of lawsuits against them due to an E-Coli outbreak in the midwest.

Wendy's E. coli illnesses top 75 as lawsuits against fast-food giant roll in

Anyone hear of any other troubles with this chain?

Some have closed because the owner would have been required to renovate the buildings (on his own dime), that he usually did not own.

Forum List

Back