Wesley Snipes released after 3 years for MISDEMEANOR conviction

Snipes bought into the Section 861 bullshit and paid the price. Tax protestors who use that "logic" have never won a court case.

Of course they don't win. Judges are paid by taxes and always support the govt in tax trials.

First time offenders don't do 3 years for a misdemeanor conviction!!!! But the judge considered him not just a tax evader but a tax denier and threw the book at him.

Actor Wesley Snipes released from prison - CNN.com

Fri April 5, 2013

(CNN) -- Actor Wesley Snipes has been released from a federal prison where he was serving a three-year sentence after being convicted on tax charges in February 2010.
The release to a supervised residential location in New York occurred Tuesday, the Federal Bureau of Prisons told CNN.
Snipes, 50, who starred in the "Blade" action movies and "White Men Can't Jump," had been serving time at a federal prison in Pennsylvania. A jury convicted him of willfully failing to file tax returns for 1999, 2000 and 2001. Snipes was acquitted of felony tax fraud and conspiracy charges.
In June 2011, the U.S. Supreme Court refused to hear an appeal of his sentence, which he had argued was too harsh for a misdemeanor conviction.

I'm afraid I just can't get all wrapped up in what happens to Wesley Snipes. If you don't want to go to jail, don't commit crimes. I used to think it took a lot to get one in prison. Until I worked for a contract company that supplied NPs to work in them. I learned that it doesn't take much to get in prison. Most don't have what Snipes has to go back to and will find their lives ruined because of their incarceration. So, boo fuckin' hoo, Wesley!

What else would you expect in a Police State? Locking up Citizens is all the rage these days. It's big business.

First time offenders don't do 3 years for a misdemeanor conviction!!!! But the judge considered him not just a tax evader but a tax denier and threw the book at him.

Actor Wesley Snipes released from prison - CNN.com

Fri April 5, 2013

(CNN) -- Actor Wesley Snipes has been released from a federal prison where he was serving a three-year sentence after being convicted on tax charges in February 2010.
The release to a supervised residential location in New York occurred Tuesday, the Federal Bureau of Prisons told CNN.
Snipes, 50, who starred in the "Blade" action movies and "White Men Can't Jump," had been serving time at a federal prison in Pennsylvania. A jury convicted him of willfully failing to file tax returns for 1999, 2000 and 2001. Snipes was acquitted of felony tax fraud and conspiracy charges.
In June 2011, the U.S. Supreme Court refused to hear an appeal of his sentence, which he had argued was too harsh for a misdemeanor conviction.

That's a pretty clear indication it wasn't severe, and he got 3 years b/c the other, major, charges were dropped

Seven MILLION in unpaid taxes and the OP thinks he did nothing wrong?

Three years wasn't enough. Pay your damned taxes and you won't get thrown in jail.

Hey stupid. Snipes didn't steal any money. The govt stole money from him and he said no.

You need to change your name to Paid Govt Shill.
Al Capone went to prison for not paying taxes.....so can Snipes

Capone got 12 years.

well

It turned out to be life, as it were.

Three years wasn't enough. Pay your damned taxes and you won't get thrown in jail.

Hey stupid. Snipes didn't steal any money. The govt stole money from him and he said no.

Thieves are those who refuse to pay taxes as apportioned by the legislatures elected in our constitutional republic by We the People.

We should have not to pay to pick up the slack for the tax welfare cheats.

I'm afraid I just can't get all wrapped up in what happens to Wesley Snipes. If you don't want to go to jail, don't commit crimes.

HAHAHA. Don't commit crimes???. And yet you speed and drive drunk every day. Two super-violent crimes that kill thousands every year. DUIs deserve prison more than tax (govt theft) evaders do. THINK

Tax theft against We the People and DUIs, yes, ShootSpeeders, deserve prison time. Indeed.

I sense there must be this epic sort of battle going on inside your head right now.

You must defend Snipes, because he's a "tax protester". But he's black - which means he must be inferior.

You must be very torn.

Do you have ANY idea how many vampires were allowed free rein while he was in jail????

[

I sense there must be this epic sort of battle going on inside your head right now.

You must defend Snipes, because he's a "tax protester". But he's black - which means he must be inferior.

You must be very torn.

Snipes is the blade-man and i'm a knife freak so i like him. I consider him an honorary white man.

Politico does not get that the law is not liberal or reactionary. It is about law, order, and justice.

Tax protestors deserve all the sentence that can be adjudged.

They better build a couple of new federal prisons when Hussein unleashes that little army of IRS agents to enforce the ten foot high stack of regulations related to Obamacare.

You must be very torn.

Do you have ANY idea how many vampires were allowed free rein while he was in jail????

Perhaps he could have prevented some of those dreadful "Twilight" movies if he was free.

You must be very torn.

Perhaps he could have prevented some of those dreadful "Twilight" movies if he was free.

The Twilight movies served an important public service. Murdering someone should be legal if it's consensual. Get the kids used to the idea.

Politico does not get that the law is not liberal or reactionary. It is about law, order, and justice.

Thanks for proving you're a Paid Govt Shill. Why don't you get a real job? Oh yeah - the hygiene problem.

Thanks for proving you're a Paid Govt Shill. Why don't you get a real job? Oh yeah - the hygiene problem.

Telling the truth (me) is not shilling (you, ShootSpeeders). I advised yesterday at church one of the federal judges the tax protestors here must be maxed, for they are stealing from We the People.

Forum List

Back