What A Blessing: Texas Adoption Agencies Could Ban Jews, Gays, And Muslims

If the birth mother wants the child to go to a family of a particular religion, then she should work through one of the religious adoption agencies, and there is no problem, right?

Otherwise, there shouldn't be discrimination - a good family is a good family and she is choosing to give up the child. The best that can be promised is that the child will be placed in a stable loving family.

If the birth mother wants the child to go to a family of a particular religion, then she should work through one of the religious adoption agencies, and there is no problem, right?

Otherwise, there shouldn't be discrimination - a good family is a good family and she is choosing to give up the child. The best that can be promised is that the child will be placed in a stable loving family.
EXACTLY.
But what is happening is the anti-Christian lobby is attempting to make it ILLEGAL for Christian agencies to consider only CHRISTIAN families for the babies of CHRISTIANS that they are seeking to place.

EXACTLY.
But what is happening is the anti-Christian lobby is attempting to make it ILLEGAL for Christian agencies to consider only CHRISTIAN families for the babies of CHRISTIANS that they are seeking to place.

Personally, I think it's sad that Christian (or other religious) agencies would discount any good loving family - but they're a private religious organization and it's their right as long there is no child abuse.

EXACTLY.

Personally, I think it's sad that Christian (or other religious) agencies would discount any good loving family - but they're a private religious organization and it's their right as long there is no child abuse.
It's not that they "discount" families. It's that their specific mission is to place children with CHRISTIAN families. No Christian is telling non-christian families they can't adopt. But these CHRISTIAN organizations exist specifically help CHRISTIAN families adopt. Because many other agencies discriminate against christian families, or the cost is so prohibitive that good families who don't have a lot of loose change would never adopt a child...and there are MILLIONS of babies waiting for families.

EXACTLY.

It's not that they "discount" families. It's that their specific mission is to place children with CHRISTIAN families. No Christian is telling non-christian families they can't adopt. But these CHRISTIAN organizations exist specifically help CHRISTIAN families adopt. Because many other agencies discriminate against christian families, or the cost is so prohibitive that good families who don't have a lot of loose change would never adopt a child...and there are MILLIONS of babies waiting for families.

Like I said, I don't have a problem with it if it's a private religious organization and they have their mission. I don't see how Christian families are actively discriminated against in any significant way however, though I've heard of a few cases.

This no blessing. This is using religion to justify discrimination and child abuse and neglect most certainly can and does, happen in a Christian, heterosexual home.

Texas got it backwards again.

Though it doesn't allow them to discriminate based on race, keeping white children out of Jewish, Gay, and Muslim homes is at least something needed. It's the moral Christian thing to do. It's the right thing to do.

Texas adoption agencies could ban Jews, gays, Muslims

Though it doesn't allow them to discriminate based on race, keeping white children out of Jewish, Gay, and Muslim homes is at least something needed. It's the moral Christian thing to do. It's the right thing to do.

Yeah this isn't going to stand up in court.

Think again.

State funded agencies should not receive public money if they are legally allowed to discriminate.

Christian Conservatives need to understand it's not always about them.

Think again.
If it goes to the supreme court it will be tossed out as unconstitutional.

State funded agencies should not receive public money if they are legally allowed to discriminate.

This isn't about discrimination. It's about doing the moral thing in protecting these children from sexually abusive predatory disciples of Satan. As a Southern Baptist Christian conservative heterosupremacist with impeccable moral values and ethics, I applaud Texas for standing with God and doing his will. This is all about Love!

This isn't about discrimination. It's about doing the moral thing in protecting these children from sexually abusive predatory disciples of Satan. As a Southern Baptist Christian conservative heterosupremacist with impeccable moral values and ethics, I applaud Texas for standing with God and doing his will. This is all about Love!

No, this is discrimination, and if you think children aren't sexually abused by Christian parents/people, think again.

Jeez you are a fool. One it is fake news to try to get the gay adoption law overturned. See, unlike you, the vast majority view discriminating against Jews parents as an extreme injustice. Therefore they seek to undermine the law by adding an unconscionable aspect.

You really are a stupid fuck

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

I am of the opinion that responsible couples who give up their children for adoption should have the right to request a restriction in the religion and sexual preference of potential adoptive parents.

I am of the opinion that those who give up their children get no further say in anything. I say this as an adopted child.

So there should be no publicly funded organizations that help a particular group of people, is that what you are saying?

Cuz if you are, I'm all for that. Yank the federal funding from them all.

Start with Boys and Girls Clubs. They force people with money to pay. They shouldn't get any federal funding.

Also, all the black colleges. Shut them down.

And the reservations. No federal $$ for them, they hire and distribute based on blood quotas.

I'm beginning to get a little worried that every time I turn around, the Christian right is insisting on its right to discriminate against others as a holy dispensation.

While claiming to be victims of religious persecution if they're not allowed to discriminate.

Think again.
I really doubt it. It's not unconstitutional.

So there should be no publicly funded organizations that help a particular group of people, is that what you are saying?

Cuz if you are, I'm all for that. Yank the federal funding from them all.

Start with Boys and Girls Clubs. They force people with money to pay. They shouldn't get any federal funding.

Also, all the black colleges. Shut them down.

And the reservations. No federal $$ for them, they hire and distribute based on blood quotas.

No public funds that discriminate and legislate against groups of people. ThIs violates the Establishment Clause and the Equal Protection Clause, as well as the incorporation doctrine. This is trying to mix church and state, which is wrong.

Think again.

I haven't read this one, but if it is like the one in Alabama, the lefties are lying about the nature and the language of the bill.

The bill actually PROHIBITS the STATE from discriminating against Christian agencies who seek to place children with Christian families.

The reality, as usual, is exactly the opposite of what the anti-Christian, anti-liberty, anti-freedom of religion, anti-child asshats would have you believe. These bills PROHIBIT discrimination against Christians. They don't *prevent* fags from adopting. It just means that they aren't going to PROHIBIT Christian organizations from focusing on the placement of children with Christian families.

Retards. They want to reduce the number of agencies working to place children. You tell me who is trying to discriminate, and reduce the number of families that are available to adopt. It's not the Christian agencies. It's the fags who want the state to prevent CHRISTIANS from providing homes to children.

Forum List

Back