What a Second American Civil War Could Look Like

Slavery was the leading issue for some people but was not the only issue

88y6dv.jpg

Libs turn their noses up at the the idea of states rights, but it predated the problem of slavery

Right, that's why 'libs' let them keep slavery indefinitely.

People in South Carolina did not want to be told what to do by strangers in Boston or New York

Too fucken bad, they shouldn't have joined the Union in the first place, then.

Tariffs, slavery, the gold standard were all pieces of the puzzle

It was slavery.

Of course individual states had issues with broader national economic policies - they still do to this day. But they didn't start talking about secession until Abraham Lincoln got elected, and they seceded because they believed Abraham Lincoln was going to make a push to end slavery. States mentioned slavery in their resolutions to secede. It was slavery, no matter what your football coach/history teacher taught you.

You really do live on fear of opposition...
Opposition by either side is fine, that's what a democracy is about.

Your problem is you won't accept that your side lost fairly and squarely.

Because you and your comrades are being driven by your irrational fears, you are driving us into an authoritarian state that will be governed by one side or the other.

You are like the Whigs and Know Nothings and Confederates.

Opposition by either side is fine, that's what a democracy is about.

Your problem is you won't accept that your side lost fairly and squarely.

Because you and your comrades are being driven by your irrational fears, you are driving us into an authoritarian state that will be governed by one side or the other.

You are like the Whigs and Know Nothings and Confederates.
Not moved. Need more tears... Maybe a crying baby or some shit...

And the South had to treat millions of people like farm animals, no doubt killing many of them in the process, in order to make their society function, so there's that.
You are naive if you think the north went to war to free the slaves

We have had other threads like this in the past, however, never before do I think that this now is a possibility....Right now, the left is trying harder than ever to keep Trump off the ballot....So, deep is this desire that they are throwing caution to the wind, and openly showing their fascist side....It really seems like there is nothing we can agree on anymore...

So, what I am seeing is that we have a clear crossroads to deal with....Put Trump back in and the left will explode with their intent on destroying this nation, keep him from running, and the right will see this as the last nail in the coffin of freedom...So, my question to the board, is what do you think the spark will be?

It's just like the first one. Democrats fighting for slavery, families divided, we're in a lot of trouble, it's going to be ugly.

I am just focusing on the next four years at this point after Trump sends Pedo Joe packing. Trump knows the ropes now and learned how to manipulate the system to screw his enemies from the Democrats. He's going to go ape shit on them, and I'm going to love every minute of it

Last edited:

Forum List

Back