What are we to make of the Bible Code?

I think the most interesting thing about the Bible is that you can read it one day and interpret it one way, and the next day you can render a slightly different one. Sometimes entirely, depending on your personal circumstances, and current world events. That to me is an indication of it being a living, moving, 3500 year old document which is still relevant and applicable today, and that a higher being or force was behind its creation.

Just so, Roudy, but I promise you--I give my word!--Jesus is the center of it all, and He is the only way, the truth and the life by which one may come to the Father. What I mean to say is that the thoughts diverting your attention from that fact are not what they seem to be at all. They never were. Scarcely a day passes, and certainly no more than a week of days passes, that I don't become cognizant of yet another distorted or immature understanding of things that had lead me astray, impeded my understanding of God and the reality in which I am to live and move and have my being (Acts 17:28).

The extent to which sin has marred our minds is horrifying; the extent to which the world around us has influenced our thought processes is startling. You simply cannot appreciate the extent to which fallacy is taken for granted as truth by those residing outside the realm of salvation. Things you think can't possibly be false become Oh-my-God! moments of revelation from this side of salvation. For example, there are not many religions in the world. There are but two: that of the One and only true God, and merely the many permutations of demonic worship.

I could go on. . . .
I am a believer in God, but many of the things about organized religion turn me off, because I think they are just tools created by man to control others, through which to gain more wealth and power. Many of the things that religious people preach aren't really required in their religion I have found out, they are fabrications, misinterpretations, mistranslations, and ancient cultural or traditional practices. Religious people in general I have great mistrust in, because they always turn out to be swindlers, liars, and violators of exactly what they preach against. They are no different than politicians, same cloth, they are in the business of telling people what they want to gain their trust. Just look at what religious people have done to the Middle East and by default the world. But not to paint everybody with the same brush I have also met many religious people that are devout, decent Hod fearing people. So it depends, there is good and bad in everything.

At the core of all religions is the basic concept, treat others as you would expect them to treat you. What good is it of you eat the right stuff, pray from the right book, say the right things, or worship the right entity, but outside of your church or synagogue you are violating everything, and busy stealing and lying 24/7? You are just kidding yourself.

READ GOD'S WORD! BELIEVE GOD'S WORD and ignore silly ideas of man!!

I think the most interesting thing about the Bible is that you can read it one day and interpret it one way, and the next day you can render a slightly different one. Sometimes entirely, depending on your personal circumstances, and current world events. That to me is an indication of it being a living, moving, 3500 year old document which is still relevant and applicable today, and that a higher being or force was behind its creation.

Just so, Roudy, but I promise you--I give my word!--Jesus is the center of it all, and He is the only way, the truth and the life by which one may come to the Father. What I mean to say is that the thoughts diverting your attention from that fact are not what they seem to be at all. They never were. Scarcely a day passes, and certainly no more than a week of days passes, that I don't become cognizant of yet another distorted or immature understanding of things that had lead me astray, impeded my understanding of God and the reality in which I am to live and move and have my being (Acts 17:28).

The extent to which sin has marred our minds is horrifying; the extent to which the world around us has influenced our thought processes is startling. You simply cannot appreciate the extent to which fallacy is taken for granted as truth by those residing outside the realm of salvation. Things you think can't possibly be false become Oh-my-God! moments of revelation from this side of salvation. For example, there are not many religions in the world. There are but two: that of the One and only true God, and merely the many permutations of demonic worship.

I could go on. . . .
I am a believer in God, but many of the things about organized religion turn me off, because I think they are just tools created by man to control others, through which to gain more wealth and power. Many of the things that religious people preach aren't really required in their religion I have found out, they are fabrications, misinterpretations, mistranslations, and ancient cultural or traditional practices. Religious people in general I have great mistrust in, because they always turn out to be swindlers, liars, and violators of exactly what they preach against. They are no different than politicians, same cloth, they are in the business of telling people what they want to gain their trust. Just look at what religious people have done to the Middle East and by default the world. But not to paint everybody with the same brush I have also met many religious people that are devout, decent God fearing people. So it depends, there is good and bad in everything.

At the core of all religions is the basic concept, treat others as you would expect them to treat you. What good is it of you eat the right stuff, pray from the right book, say the right things, or worship the right entity, but outside of your church or synagogue you are violating everything, and busy stealing and lying 24/7? You are just kidding yourself.

I hope to be available for anyone who wants to fight for the truth.

I read commentaries by two dead pastors because (1) they can't lie to me about some of this modern stuff going on today and (2) I never caught them lying to me.

I look things up in the Greek and Hebrew so that I can do my own math.

I find this to be a tough position that I am in. Everyone is too busy to join me in Bible study.

Last edited:
But there are codes in the Bible, throughout! There are many, the number of which could only be known by God. Or, if you wish, God's word is a multilayered, multifaceted revelation of staggering complexity.

And as The Irish Ram has shown, they are all, ultimately, about Christ or about the fruition of His plan concerning the final confrontation and its resolution . . . and include the end-time code of the OP and the code of the general revelation, creation itself, the cosmos and its contents, the constituents of the latter made manifest via recent scientific and technological advancements, albeit, meaningless sans the testimony of scripture, which affirms their substance and explains their meaning.

Why do so many believers think these things to be incredible? Do you not know from scripture that both the special and the general revelations declare the glory and the authority of God?

Many of the coded messages are manifestly self-evident, lying just below the surface of the immediate meaning or teaching of the text; others may be readily apprehended via further study: gems that must be dug up and held up before the eyes of the heart that is hungry and humble and obedient to the Holy Spirit.

The contents of God's word are both simple and infinitely complex at the same time.

I could go on. . . .

Actually, you don't know that at all. You only know what a greek translation of a Jewish man's words are supposed to have been. And that Jewish man, Jeshuah, spoke ARAMAIC, probably everyday conversational Aramaic, because that would be the best way to connect with "the people". And in conversational Aramaic, just as in conversational Hebrew, there is no distinction made between "a" and "that" - those articles were more often than not completely left out.

So, assuming those were Jeshua's words, in Aramaic it would have been something like

I am way, truth, life.

Every person who works in or is fluent in today's Hebrew knows this linguistic fact.

So, the writer, who then translated his words into ancient Greek, very likely added the article as a quantifier.

Though it is an awesome collection of books (with some important ones missing, like the Gospel of Miriam), the NT is far from infallible. The moment the authors chose to not stay in the original language - THEIR LANGUAGE - problems were already pre-programmed.

Think about it.

I don't believe in them.
I think the system behind them is fraudulent.
Someone who chases after Bible codes and doesn't read their Bible is immature.

I am an adult Christian and this is my teaching on Bible codes.
Also, problem is...which "version" of the Bible are we searching for a "code" in, and in which language? There isn't one constant version of the Bible throughout the millennia. Herein lies the fallacy of the whole concept.

the Torah

I do not believe in it. The Bible is a nice book to read, but it mustn't be taken too seriously. It tells nice stories, from which everyone can choose what they do or do not believe. It can also be used as a sort of guide through your life. But it was never meant to give codes or shit like that.

I say this as an agnost who leans a bit more atheist.

I do not believe in it. The Bible is a nice book to read, but it mustn't be taken too seriously. It tells nice stories, from which everyone can choose what they do or do not believe. It can also be used as a sort of guide through your life. But it was never meant to give codes or shit like that.

From what I understand, one of the basic foundations of the OT and God's Commandments was its simplicity in that that everybody from all walks of life is able to understand it. Leave it up to man to complicate, misinterpret, confuse, and mislead, and as a result ruin the entire message.

The Old Testament was written in Hebrew with the exception of only a few passages which written in Aramaic (Genesis 31:47; Ezra 4:8-6:18, 7:12-26; Jeremiah 10:11).

The first human author to write down the biblical record was Moses. He was commanded by God to take on this task, for Exodus 34:27 records God's words to Moses, "Write down these words, for in accordance with these words I have made a covenant with you and with Israel." And what language did he use? He wrote in his native language, called Hebrew.

Hebrew is one of a group of languages known as the Semitic languages which were spoken throughout that part of the world, then called Mesopotamia, located today mainly in Iraq. Their alphabet consisted of 22 letters, all consonants. (Imagine having an alphabet with no vowels! Much later they did add vowels.)

Almost the entire Old Testament was written in Hebrew during the thousand years of its composition. But a few chapters in the prophecies of Ezra and Daniel and one verse in Jeremiah were written in a language called Aramaic. This language became very popular in the ancient world and actually displaced many other languages. Aramaic even became the common language spoken in Israel in Jesus' time, and it was likely the language He spoke day by day. Some Aramaic words were even used by the Gospel writers in the New Testament.

http://www.biblica.com/en-us/bible/bible-faqs/in-what-language-was-the-bible-first-written/

The Bible was actually written in three different ancient languages: Hebrew, Aramaic, and Greek. While (a modern version of) each of these languages is spoken today, most modern readers of those languages would have some difficulty with the ancient versions used in the Biblical texts. It’s strange to think that we might hardly recognize the most influential book in the world in its original form!

Hebrew, Language of (Most of) the Old Testament

Ancient Hebrew was the tongue of the ancient Israelites and the language in which most of the Old Testament was penned. Isaiah 19:18 calls it “the language of Canaan,” while other verses label it “Judean” and “language of the Jews” (2 Kings 18:26; Isaiah 36:11, 13; 2 Chronicles 32:18; Nehemiah 13:24).

Ancient Hebrew is a Semitic language that dates back past 1500 B.C. Its alphabet consists of 22 characters, all consonants (don’t worry; vowels were eventually added), and is written from right to left.

While Hebrew remained the sacred tongue of the Jews, its use as a common spoken language declined after the Jews’ return from exile (538 B.C.). Despite a revival of the language during the Maccabean era, it was eventually all but replaced in everyday usage by Aramaic. Modern Hebrew can trace its ancestry to Biblical Hebrew, but has incorporated many other influences as well.

What’s Aramaic?

Ancient Aramaic originated among the Arameans in northern Syria and became widely used under the Assyrians. A few passages in the Old Testament were written in Aramaic (Genesis 31:47; Ezra 4:8-6:18, 7:12-26; Jeremiah 10:11).

Some have compared the relationship between Hebrew and Aramaic to that between modern Spanish and Portuguese: they’re distinct languages, but sufficiently closely related that a reader of one can understand much of the other. Aramaic was very popular in the ancient world and was commonly spoken in Jesus’ time.

http://www.biblegateway.com/blog/2012/06/what-was-the-original-language-of-the-bible/

Last edited:
The first human author to write down the biblical record was Moses. He was commanded by God to take on this task, for Exodus 34:27 records God's words to Moses, "Write down these words, for in accordance with these words I have made a covenant with you and with Israel." And what language did he use? He wrote in his native language, called Hebrew.

Hebrew is one of a group of languages known as the Semitic languages which were spoken throughout that part of the world, then called Mesopotamia, located today mainly in Iraq. Their alphabet consisted of 22 letters, all consonants. (Imagine having an alphabet with no vowels! Much later they did add vowels.)

Almost the entire Old Testament was written in Hebrew during the thousand years of its composition. But a few chapters in the prophecies of Ezra and Daniel and one verse in Jeremiah were written in a language called Aramaic. This language became very popular in the ancient world and actually displaced many other languages. Aramaic even became the common language spoken in Israel in Jesus' time, and it was likely the language He spoke day by day. Some Aramaic words were even used by the Gospel writers in the New Testament.

In what language was the Bible first written? ? Biblica

The Bible was actually written in three different ancient languages: Hebrew, Aramaic, and Greek. While (a modern version of) each of these languages is spoken today, most modern readers of those languages would have some difficulty with the ancient versions used in the Biblical texts. It’s strange to think that we might hardly recognize the most influential book in the world in its original form!

Hebrew, Language of (Most of) the Old Testament

Ancient Hebrew was the tongue of the ancient Israelites and the language in which most of the Old Testament was penned. Isaiah 19:18 calls it “the language of Canaan,” while other verses label it “Judean” and “language of the Jews” (2 Kings 18:26; Isaiah 36:11, 13; 2 Chronicles 32:18; Nehemiah 13:24).

Ancient Hebrew is a Semitic language that dates back past 1500 B.C. Its alphabet consists of 22 characters, all consonants (don’t worry; vowels were eventually added), and is written from right to left.

While Hebrew remained the sacred tongue of the Jews, its use as a common spoken language declined after the Jews’ return from exile (538 B.C.). Despite a revival of the language during the Maccabean era, it was eventually all but replaced in everyday usage by Aramaic. Modern Hebrew can trace its ancestry to Biblical Hebrew, but has incorporated many other influences as well.

What’s Aramaic?

Ancient Aramaic originated among the Arameans in northern Syria and became widely used under the Assyrians. A few passages in the Old Testament were written in Aramaic (Genesis 31:47; Ezra 4:8-6:18, 7:12-26; Jeremiah 10:11).

Some have compared the relationship between Hebrew and Aramaic to that between modern Spanish and Portuguese: they’re distinct languages, but sufficiently closely related that a reader of one can understand much of the other. Aramaic was very popular in the ancient world and was commonly spoken in Jesus’ time.

What Was the Original Language of the Bible? | Bible Gateway Blog

Moses died in the year ca 1405 BCE (1404-1406). The exodus out of Mitzrayiim (Egypt) was in 1445 BCE, he was 80 years old at the time. He died at 120 years of age, according to the Tanakh. 1445 BCE - 40 years = 1405, +/- 1 year.

The book of Beresheet (Genesis) was completed by Author J around 900 BCE, 500 years after Moshe's death.

The five books are ATTRIBUTED to Moshe, but scholars can detect the distinct writing styles of at least 5, maybe 6 authors who penned the Pentateuch.

It was not uncommon back then to attribute entire books to historical figures.

It is also very likely that Melech Da'avit (King David) did not write all of the psalms, either, but rather, they are attributed to him.

It doesn't make the books any less wonderful or effective, only, Moshe definitely did not write the Pentateuch. He surely helped to construct a lot of it, but the end writing was done by others.

One of the central prayers of Judaism, the Kaddish (there are five forms, one is called the "mourners kaddish") is in Aramaic, not Hebrew.

Last edited:

You mean The Bible is sorta like Ripley's Believe It or Not? The problem with, some of it's to be believed and some of it's not, is which is which, and what benefit is it to a bad guesser?
Christ said every word of OT scripture is life to us, as much as bread is to life. If you are right, then Jesus is wrong, and some of the nice stories told with words are just garbage.

If God didn't encode the Bible, do we just pretend that the name Yeshua can not be found embedded 100,000 in the Old Testament? In fact, what do you do with all the information extracted?

What do you say to atomic physicist, Gerald Schroeder who found the word Torah in Genesis, skipping 49 letters, and then again in Exodus, same skip, and again in........ And then found a code within the Torah matrix? Did he just want it to be there, so he pretended he found it?
It was a physicist that figured out the program to extract the code.
The man that substantiated the code and published his results confirming it's existence and authenticity was an atheist.

Are all of these people nuts? And if you use the Torah and find the exact same thing they did with the exact same criteria, are you nuts as well? Is it a trick even though anybody can substantiate it?

And if the Bible is written simply and overtly so God can make sure we all get it, we need to discuss Revelation. :eek:

And why all that parable crap? If it was for everybody, why didn't Jesus just come right out and say what He meant? I think I know the answer to that. The explanation for why Jesus spoke in parables is cleared up for us in the Bible. The problem is, if the Bible is hit and miss, some parts to be believed and some not, how do I know which category the explanation falls in? Maybe it's a another trick God's playing on His children because He is frivolous.
^
When He spoke to those who "have ears to hear", was He referring to those incline to understand what He was saying, or was He just excluding the deaf?

Or was this more in line with what God had in mind? Proof that every word can be believed:
Want to know if Moses wrote it? There's a code for that!! God clarified it for you.
Did Mark write the last 12 verses of Mark or not? There is a code specifically for letting you know if Mark wrote it or if someone added to Mark's work.
God leaves nothing to our own feeble understanding. All ends are tied up neatly.

God was computer savvy 3,000 years ago, and wrote us a computer code so that we would know that He is who and what He says He is. He wrote it specifically for these days of skepticism using the technology appropriate for the era. For our benefit.

What He is saying is, "I AM and I did this, so you would know that I AM." :eusa_angel:

Last edited:

You mean The Bible is sorta like Ripley's Believe It or Not? The problem with, some of it's to be believed and some of it's not, is which is which, and what benefit is it to a bad guesser?
Christ said every word of OT scripture is life to us, as much as bread is to life. If you are right, then Jesus is wrong, and some of the nice stories told with words are just garbage.

If God didn't encode the Bible, do we just pretend that the name Yeshua can not be found embedded 100,000 in the Old Testament? In fact, what do you do with all the information extracted?

What do you say to atomic physicist, Gerald Schroeder who found the word Torah in Genesis, skipping 49 letters, and then again in Exodus, same skip, and again in........ And then found a code within the Torah matrix? Did he just want it to be there, so he pretended he found it?
The man that substantiated the code and published his results confirming it's existence and authenticity was an atheist.

Are all of these people nuts? And if you use the Torah and find the exact same thing they did with the exact same criteria, are you nuts as well? Is it a trick even though anybody can substantiate it?

And if the Bible is written simply and overtly so God can make sure we all get it, we need to discuss Revelation. :eek:

And why all that parable crap? If it was for everybody, why didn't Jesus just come right out and say what He meant? I think I know the answer to that. The explanation for why Jesus spoke in parables is cleared up for us in the Bible. The problem is, if the Bible is hit and miss, some parts to be believed and some not, how do I know which category the explanation falls in? Maybe it's a another trick God's playing on His children because He is frivolous.
^
When He spoke to those who "have ears to hear", was He referring to those incline to understand what He was saying, or was He just excluding the deaf?

Or was this more in line with what God had in mind? Proof that every word can be believed:
Want to know if Moses wrote it? There's a code for that!! God clarified it for you.
Did Mark write the last 12 verses of Mark or not? There is a code specifically for letting you know if Mark wrote it or if someone added to Mark's work.
God leaves nothing to our own feeble understanding. All ends are tied up neatly.

God was computer savvy 3,000 years ago, and wrote us a computer code so that we would know that He is who and what He says He is. He wrote it specifically for these days of skepticism using the technology appropriate for the era. For our benefit.

What He is saying is, "I AM and I did this, so you would know that I AM." :eusa_angel:
Like I said before, the Dead Sea Scrolls confirm that the OT has remained the same and intact for thousands of years. However, there have been minor changes or variations, which have not affected the meaning or accuracy of the OT, meaning that the other versions or variations are not identical word by word. Based in what I understand, the "code" would not for example work on the Dead Sea Scrolls or similar variations therefore.

So if you are a believer in Christianity or Judaism, the good news is that the discovery of the Dead Sea Scrolls confirms the accuracy and consistency over the millennia, and that the OT has remained intact.

Last edited:

^

Like I said before, the Dead Sea Scrolls confirm that the OT has remained the same and intact for thousands of years. However, there have been minor changes or variations, which have not affected the meaning or accuracy of the OT, meaning that the other versions or variations are not identical word by word. Based in what I understand, the "code" would not for example work on the Dead Sea Scrolls or similar variations therefore.

So if you are a believer in Christianity or Judaism, the good news is that the discovery of the Dead Sea Scrolls confirms the accuracy and consistency over the millennia, and that the OT has remained intact.

:thup:

Roudy, you wouldn't believe how many people don't know what you just said in your first sentence.
Or people don't know that if they want to verify the authenticity of the book of Ezekiel in their King James, they can go look at the stone carved tablets they excavated from his grave. And on those stones are carved the nations that are going to invade Israel soon. If not the work of God, then who 3,000 years ago?

The fact that codes do work testifies that the works they are found in remain precise. A code will be left unfound that was in a text that was changed. It is why we are not to add to it or take away from it. We can't improve upon, every word from God........ :)

Last edited:

Forum List

Back