What did you have for dinner?

I am going to make chicken thighs with a mixture of ketchup, brown sugar, soy sauce, olive oil, minced garlic, red pepper flakes, honey, and cornstarch poured on top and then baked at 375 for about an hour. That is SOOO delicious. If you haven't tried it, I highly recommend that you do!
board_yu.gif

Oh, and the rice I serve with it. No plain white rice here! I cook it in chicken stock (homemade of course - I freeze it in ice cube trays and then put them into a zip lock baggie for ease of use), also add minced shallots and minced garlic, salt and pepper. Then, for a finishing touch, scallions. :D

Holy hell that was good!!!
Grilled porterhouse frm th ebutcher...garlic mashed potatoes...and just for ChrisL we had asparagus again. :)
And to boot I drank TWO vanilla porters I made myself...nothing like creating your own buzz!! And yes I am buzeded right now. Don't often drink more than one...but it is an amazing 78 degrees outside...perfect. :)

Grilled porterhouse frm th ebutcher...garlic mashed potatoes...and just for ChrisL we had asparagus again. :)
And to boot I drank TWO vanilla porters I made myself...nothing like creating your own buzz!! And yes I am buzeded right now. Don't often drink more than one...but it is an amazing 78 degrees outside...perfect. :)

Buzzeeddedd. :D Lol.

Buzzeeddedd. :D Lol.

Heeeyyy...you stop that...

Holy crap I just discovered the best cold coffee drink by total accident!!!
I had made my favorite after dinner drink,a Colorado Bulldog,when I decided I wanted a cup of dark roast Sumatran coffee instead.

Being that a Bulldog is made with coffee liqueur I decided I'd dump the coffee in the bulldog and add plenty of ice.
Holy shit!!!!!
I cant wait for a hot day to pull this one out!!!

Colorado Bulldog: One oz. of Kahlua or your favorite coffee liqueur,three oz of vodka a splash of coke fill with milk,about 6 ozs.,(after drinking down 8 oz's) add an eight oz cup of dark coffee.

Pure bliss!!!!

I had made my favorite after dinner drink,a Colorado Bulldog,when I decided I wanted a cup of dark roast Sumatran coffee instead.

Being that a Bulldog is made with coffee liqueur I decided I'd dump the coffee in the bulldog and add plenty of ice.
Holy shit!!!!!

Colorado Bulldog: One oz. of Kahlua or your favorite coffee liqueur,three oz of vodka a splash of coke fill with milk,about 6 ozs.,(after drinking down 8 oz's) add an eight oz cup of dark coffee.

Pure bliss!!!!

Have you ever had a Mud Slide. Now those are yummy on a hot day.

Holy shit!!!!!

Pure bliss!!!!

Oh yeah!!! I love a mudslide!!
It's right up there with a B-52 which is faster.
B-52 Shot - Drink Recipe

Sirloin fajitas and quail coated with Achiote paste with all the fixens ..
God I love southern cooking!!!

For dinner Mr. Lucy is making Paella with chicken, chorizo and King Tiger prawns.

Here is a recipe:

Ingredients
  • 2 cloves garlic
  • 1 onion, chopped
  • 1 carrot, chopped
  • 1tsp fresh flat-leaf parsley
  • 70 g chorizo
  • 2 skinless, boneless chicken thighs
  • 1 tbsp coconut oil
  • 12 King Tiger prawns
  • 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
  • 1 red pepper, chopped and deseeded
  • 1 tablespoon tomato purée
  • 1 cube chicken stock
  • 200 g paella rice
  • 100 g frozen peas
  • 1 lemon

Directions
  • Finely slice the garlic. Peel and roughly chop the onion and carrot. Finely chop the parsley stalks, then roughly chop the chorizo and chicken thighs.
  • Add the coconut oil into a large casserole or paella pan on a medium heat, add the garlic, onion, carrot, parsley stalks, chorizo, chicken, prawns and paprika, and fry for around 5 minutes, stirring regularly. Add the pepper to the pan for a further 5 minutes.
  • Stir through the tomato purée and crumble in the stock cube, then add the rice and stir for a couple of minutes so it starts to suck up all that lovely flavour. Pour in 750ml of boiling water and add a pinch of salt and pepper. Pop the lid on and bring to the boil, then reduce to a simmer for 15 minutes, stirring regularly.
  • Stir in the peas, replace the lid, and cook for a further 5 minutes, or until hot through. Chop the parsley leaves, scatter them over the paella, and serve with a squeeze of lemon.

For dinner Mr. Lucy is making Paella with chicken, chorizo and King Tiger prawns.

Here is a recipe:

Ingredients
  • 2 cloves garlic
  • 1 onion, chopped
  • 1 carrot, chopped
  • 70 g chorizo
  • 1 tbsp coconut oil
  • 12 King Tiger prawns
  • 1 cube chicken stock
  • 200 g paella rice
  • 100 g frozen peas
  • 1 lemon
Directions
  • Finely slice the garlic. Peel and roughly chop the onion and carrot. Finely chop the parsley stalks, then roughly chop the chorizo and chicken thighs.
  • Add the coconut oil into a large casserole or paella pan on a medium heat, add the garlic, onion, carrot, parsley stalks, chorizo, chicken, prawns and paprika, and fry for around 5 minutes, stirring regularly. Add the pepper to the pan for a further 5 minutes.
  • Stir through the tomato purée and crumble in the stock cube, then add the rice and stir for a couple of minutes so it starts to suck up all that lovely flavour. Pour in 750ml of boiling water and add a pinch of salt and pepper. Pop the lid on and bring to the boil, then reduce to a simmer for 15 minutes, stirring regularly.
  • Stir in the peas, replace the lid, and cook for a further 5 minutes, or until hot through. Chop the parsley leaves, scatter them over the paella, and serve with a squeeze of lemon.

That sounds like a good one!!!
Of course I'll have to use local Gulf shrimp....
They are the sweetest shrimp you'll ever taste and they were in the bay or Gulf yesterday.
If you can get your hands on some I highly recommend them.

Here is a recipe:

Ingredients
  • 2 cloves garlic
  • 1 onion, chopped
  • 1 carrot, chopped
  • 70 g chorizo
  • 1 tbsp coconut oil
  • 12 King Tiger prawns
  • 1 cube chicken stock
  • 200 g paella rice
  • 100 g frozen peas
  • 1 lemon
Directions

They are the sweetest shrimp you'll ever taste and they were in the bay or Gulf yesterday.

I had some excellent shrimp whilst I was in Texas, I don't know where the shrimp came from, maybe they're caught in Louisiana?

Here is a recipe:

Ingredients
  • 2 cloves garlic
  • 1 onion, chopped
  • 1 carrot, chopped
  • 70 g chorizo
  • 1 tbsp coconut oil
  • 12 King Tiger prawns
  • 1 cube chicken stock
  • 200 g paella rice
  • 100 g frozen peas
  • 1 lemon
Directions

I had some excellent shrimp whilst I was in Texas, I don't know where the shrimp came from, maybe they're caught in Louisiana?

More than likely off the Texas coast or Galveston Bay.
I wont eat any other kind.

Here is a recipe:

Ingredients
  • 2 cloves garlic
  • 1 onion, chopped
  • 1 carrot, chopped
  • 70 g chorizo
  • 1 tbsp coconut oil
  • 12 King Tiger prawns
  • 1 cube chicken stock
  • 200 g paella rice
  • 100 g frozen peas
  • 1 lemon
Directions

I love shrimp.

Here is a recipe:

Ingredients
  • 2 cloves garlic
  • 1 onion, chopped
  • 1 carrot, chopped
  • 70 g chorizo
  • 1 tbsp coconut oil
  • 12 King Tiger prawns
  • 1 cube chicken stock
  • 200 g paella rice
  • 100 g frozen peas
  • 1 lemon
Directions

I love shrimp.

In my younger days we'd go to the Bay with cast nets and fill up ice chests full of em.
We'd break out the pot and cook em right there on the beach.

Holy shit!!!!!

Pure bliss!!!!

B-52 Shot - Drink Recipe

Faster? What do you mean?

Here is a recipe:

Ingredients
  • 2 cloves garlic
  • 1 onion, chopped
  • 1 carrot, chopped
  • 70 g chorizo
  • 1 tbsp coconut oil
  • 12 King Tiger prawns
  • 1 cube chicken stock
  • 200 g paella rice
  • 100 g frozen peas
  • 1 lemon
Directions

That sounds really good, but it has carrots in it. ;) You hate carrots. Lol.

Holy shit!!!!!

Pure bliss!!!!

B-52 Shot - Drink Recipe

Faster? What do you mean?

Liquor is quicker...and you dont have to worry about brain freeze.

Forum List

Back