🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

What do liberals think about Trump's statement he was spied on now?

If Page was their only concern, they could have gone to CIVIL court for a traditional monitoring warrant. The entire purpose of the FISC court warrants was tie PAGE to the phony RUssian collusion charges during the campaign. And the ONLY PLACE that evidence in the past exists is on Big Brother.

It was WEAPONIZED to SPY on an opposition political campaign. It could be weaponized in the future for DOMESTIC law enforcement or even FINANCIAL manipulation. The ENTIRE CONCEPT of allowing this magnitude of American Domestic spying is insidious and tyrannical...

Don't believe me. Even if I had seven years in the Intel area. Ask the ACLU about the OTHER abuses of this system that have already occurred. Or The Nation --- a leading left- wing journal and former home of Rachael Maddow. Civil Libertarians are fired about this huge mistake and YOU sit fat and happy consuming partisan sludge that never TOLD you about the awesome capabilities and potential for abuse of this monstrous system..

Oh I am not saying this system cannot be abused.

You just haven't shown that the system was abused in this case.

I would be very happy to have the whole system reformed- but clearly that didnt' happen when the system was reauthorized in January.

We shouldn't be HAVING a Domestic Spy system run by the world's greatest Spy agency. It was only done after 9/11 because the FBI was hopelessly in the tech Stone Age. We ended ALL Domestic Spy operations in the 70s because of abuse. The Swamp never learns its lessons.

It is AMPLY documented that the system was used. The Flynn persecution used this data base. Many of the 100s of "leaks" that emerged towards the end of the campaign and into the transition could ONLY come from this system. And THATS WHY they dummied up a warrants to GET ACCESS to the system in the 1st place. Not to pursue PAGE... He was cooperating with the FBI for YEARS about his dealings in Russia. He was PROVIDING intel to US agencies during those years. They wanted to probe the Trump Campaign for "Russian Collusion" and HE was the best evidence they had at the time..

Sigh- see here is the thing- I am all on board with the system needing reform.

Just not willing to go down your rabbit hole of 'because the system needs to be reformed that means it was abused to get Trump'

How has it been documented that the system was used monitor Page's communications?
How has it been documented that the Flynn prosecution abused this system? Again when it comes to Flynn he was talking to the Russian ambassador- and then lied about having talked to him.
Why is it okay for Flynn to have lied to the FBI?
What leaks could only have come from the 'system'?
What evidence is there that any warrant was 'dummied' up?
Do you have any evidence that Page was cooperating with the FBI for years- rather than a single interview in 2013?
What evidence of Russian Trump collusion is Page?

How has it been documented that the system was used monitor Page's communications?

Let's cut this short and have you to take a LONG think on this.

THEY WOULD NOT GET A FISC WARRANT --- if they weren't gonna USE THAT SYSTEM... And the purpose of the warrant was to INVESTIGATE RUSSIAN COLLUSION in the Trump Campaign.

The thing the doofuses on CNN and the WashPo DIDN"T tell you was that a FISC warrant DEFINITELY gave them access to the ENTIRE ELECTRONIC records of most folks in the Trump campaign going back to AT LEAST 2015. It was data-mined, analyzed, LEAKED and abused.

You remember all the rhetoric as liberals laughed at Trump for suggesting the White House was spying on Trump. Yeah, so funny, what a dope right? Oh sure, "Obama wasn't spying on Trump". That's right, he was just involved.

Once again Trump gets the last laugh. Are liberals prepared to concede they were wrong again?
I'm a liberal. I can admit when I'm wrong. When I am wrong. In this case, I am not. It's called, "being under surveillance". And when you have a bunch of Russian's staying in your hotel, what do you expect is going to happen? When the FISA court authorizes a wiretap on someone, it is because there is enough evidence to indicate a crime has been committed.

Funny how you fuckers complain about "spying", when the parent company of most of your beloved news outlets, takes spying on their anchors to new levels of intrusion.

Let's cut this short and have you to take a LONG think on this.

THEY WOULD NOT GET A FISC WARRANT --- if they weren't gonna USE THAT SYSTEM... And the purpose of the warrant was to INVESTIGATE RUSSIAN COLLUSION in the Trump Campaign.d.

What does the FISC warrant say?

Does it authorize the surveillance of every Carter Page communication on record- or for a specific period?

From what we do know- the FBI was authorized in October to 'initiate surveillance and physical search'

Neither the Republican or Democratic memo's state that Page's communications while he was a member of the campaign were subject to surveillance.

So again- I come back to the same question: Do you have any evidence that Carter Page was under surveillance while he was part of the Trump campaign? Or that his communications while part of the Trump campaign were accessed by the FBI?

You remember all the rhetoric as liberals laughed at Trump for suggesting the White House was spying on Trump. Yeah, so funny, what a dope right? Oh sure, "Obama wasn't spying on Trump". That's right, he was just involved.

Once again Trump gets the last laugh. Are liberals prepared to concede they were wrong again?

he's still a liar. you'd know that if you were informed at all.

again, for the stupid...... CARTER PAGE had FISA warrants because he was being groomed as a Russian assert. others showed up in that surveillance

you loved hacked emails, why not legitimate investigations?

oh wait... we know why trumpscum don't want anyone looking at him

They're both true, douchebag. You're hanging your claim on the use of the word "wiretap." That's antiquainted terminology for what the NSA does when it wants to spy on you, but what Trump said is a fact.

It was a lie then- and its a lie now.

I'd bet a good lawyer could make a great case out of the fact that President Obama was tapping my phones in October, just prior to Election!

— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) March 4, 2017

Terrible! Just found out that Obama had my "wires tapped" in Trump Tower just before the victory. Nothing found. This is McCarthyism!

Both are lies.

Trump was never 'wire-tapped'

But good attempt at peddling the Trumpster lies.

Now you're trying to hide behind long winded bs replies

And by long winded bs- you mean I am showing just another example of your Dear Leader's lies.

Trumpsters always get pissy when their Dear Leader's lies are detailed.

Lie then- and its a lie now.

I'd bet a good lawyer could make a great case out of the fact that President Obama was tapping my phones in October, just prior to Election!

Terrible! Just found out that Obama had my "wires tapped" in Trump Tower just before the victory. Nothing found. This is McCarthyism!

Both are lies.

Trump was never 'wire-tapped'

Trump used the incorrect term, because the NSA no longer has to physically tap your wires. It records every call you make and then stores it in a vast database in Utah. All it has to do is get a FISA warrent, and then it can access any phonecall you've made to any person, and then it can access all their calls.

You already been told all this, but you stupidly pretend you don't know it.

MOF -- in that tweet, Trump put the word "wiretap" in quotes --- just I like did. Because the Big Brother collection system is NOTHING LIKE a wiretap.. And Trump was signaling that he KNOWS it was weaponized and used to spy on his campaign.

They can go BACKWARDS in time. Because everything is there already collected and archived. So with a FISA warrant you can go as far back as the archive goes to spy on ANYONE that Page ever mentioned or associated with. AND you can go back THEIR connections as well.

That's how the system was designed to DATA MINE associations of Jihadist terrorist threats. To uncover the NETWORKS that are supporting the key suspects. It's a blank check to browse the AWESOME data base of every electronic communication in the USA.

And we KNOW -- they got that warrant with phony documentation for Carter Page and RENEWED IT several times.. Hence ---- they were SPYING on Team Trump. With help of much of the Obama Admin appointees at FBI/DNI/CIA/STATE departments. It's a fact.
Bullshit. Not only was Page NOT on “Team Trump” when he was wiretapped, he was barely ever connected to the campaign when he was “with” them.

“I don’t think I’ve ever spoken to him. I don’t think I’ve ever met him. And he actually said he was a very low-level member of I think a committee for a short period of time. I don’t think I ever met him. Now, it’s possible that I walked into a room and he was sitting there, but I don’t think I ever met him.” ~ Donald Trump

“Mr. Page is not an advisor and has made no contribution to the campaign. ... He’s never been a part of our campaign. Period.” ~ Jason Miller, chief Trump campaign spokesman

“You were merely one of the many people named to a foreign policy advisory committee in March of 2016 -- a committee that met one time. You never met Mr. Trump, nor did you ever ‘advise’ Mr. Trump about anything. You are thus not an ‘advisor’ to Mr. Trump in any sense of the word.” ~ Donald McGahn, Trump attorney and current White House Counsel

“He’s [Page] certainly not part of the campaign I’m running.” ~ Kellyanne Conway, Campaign Manager

It was data-mined, analyzed, LEAKED and abused.

Then prove that.

Franl
They're both true, douchebag. You're hanging your claim on the use of the word "wiretap." That's antiquainted terminology for what the NSA does when it wants to spy on you, but what Trump said is a fact.

And we KNOW -- they got that warrant with phony documentation for Carter Page and RENEWED IT several times.. Hence ---- they were SPYING on Team Trump. With help of much of the Obama Admin appointees at FBI/DNI/CIA/STATE departments. It's a fact.

What was the 'phony documentation' for Carter Page?
Who on the Trump campaign were they 'spying on'?
Who authorized the renewal of the FISA warrant?

Because I don't think 'fact' means what you think it means.

I just told you all that... WHY was that new Big Brother Patriotic Act spy system developed?

To search and data mine EXTENSIVE CONNECTIONS and networks of cohorts in terrorist plots. To review THEIR contacts and associations and the 3rd or 4th level of association with the targets NAMED in the warrant.

When you GET FISA approval -- you get to drive that system back in time to BROWSE all those connections.

NSA calls it an "About" search of the database. And the Obama admin came under fire from the FISA court and NSA itself several times for going TOO FAR in drawing circles of association that were TOO large.

So -- anyone in Pages phone contacts or emails or meeting or travel or business became "fair game". This obviously included many members of the Team Trump. Because it was also used in the Flynn investigation and included several members of the MEDIA as well.

It was source of MUCH of the leaking during the transistion.

You KNOW that the Steele Dossier was the primary basis for GETTING that warrant. The FBI/DNI/CIA/State were COMPLICIT in selling that POS as an "Intel doc" which it NEVER was. It was primarily sourced thru professional Russian disinformation experts.

Watch, they will continue to claim that Trump wasn't wiretapped because they didn't send a guy to put a tap on actual phone lines.

LOL- feel free to show any evidence that Donald Trump was 'wiretapped' by any stretch of any definition.

Oh wait- you have tried and failed- and just are parroting your Dear Leader's lies.

again, for the stupid...... CARTER PAGE had FISA warrants because he was being groomed as a Russian assert. others showed up in that surveillance

They forget the F stands for foreign.

You can't get a FISC warrant for the communications of an american talking to another american.

Frankly none of this 'Deep State conspiracy' against Trump makes any sense.

IF the FBI was going to abuse the system to go after someone- they could have ginned up an excuse to have Jared Kushner wiretapped. They could have had Steve Bannon wire tapped.
Roger Stone- any of a dozen or two actual significant campaign advisors in Trump's inner circle.

But no- they ask for a warrant for Carter Page- someone they knew since 2013 because Russia had tried to recruit him as a spy.

So this 'Deep State Conspiracy' has to be not only vast, but deeply incompetent.

They forget the F stands for foreign.

You can't get a FISC warrant for the communications of an american talking to another american.

exactly

they're dumb as toast

Amen! This entire thread is an unproven Conspiracy Theory - but yet is allowed to stay on Politics. Why?

I just told you all that... WHY was that new Big Brother Patriotic Act spy system developed?
If that’s your idea of Obama spying on Trump then Trump is now spying on Obama because the Patriot Act is still in place.

If that’s your idea of Obama spying on Trump then Trump is now spying on Obama because the Patriot Act is still in place.

Well remember- anything that happened at the FBI or Justice during President Obama's administration- according to them- he was directing and is personally responsible for.

You know- just like now Trump is directing and personally responsible for the Mueller investigation.

LOL

Bullshit. Not only was Page NOT on “Team Trump” when he was wiretapped, he was barely ever connected to the campaign when he was “with” them.

You're looking pretty foolish for repeating this shit and not reading what I told you about the capabilities you GET from NSA when you obtain a FISA warrant. It's NOT a phone wire tap. You can look BACKWARDS IN TIME with that warrant. That's the ENTIRE PURPOSE of that new Spy Palace in Utah..

Quit parroting the faulty information you get from CNN and the WashPo... They KNOW this.. They dont want YOU to know this.

Does it authorize the surveillance of every Carter Page communication on record- or for a specific period?

No reason for a FISC warrant if you didn't want to look backwards in time at all his past associations and contacts and communications. You could just tap his phones and collect his computers remotely.

As for what the FISC application for warrant says --- We should ALL KNOW THAT. It SHOULD be released. Like RIGHT NOW. Nothing necessarily classified about how they convinced the court that there was a Russia Russia Russia problem in the Trump Campaign.

You OK with that? Every American should be.

As for what they GOT in terms of access to NSA collections, it's already known. They got the keys to drive Big Brother for 90 days at a time. Sucking up EVERY association and communication that Carter had for however far back the archiving goes. And the ability to UNMASK any protected citizen that is blanked out on the analyst reports from NSA. And they were doing a PHENOMENAL AMOUNT of unmasking.

And they got the ability to completely monitor his life and associations for the length of the 90 days into the future as well.

You think Mueller is gonna find Russian collusion in the Trump campaign WITHOUT THAT FISC order? Not bloody likely...

No reason for a FISC warrant if you didn't want to look backwards in time at all his past associations and contacts and communications. You could just tap his phones and collect his computers remotely.

That is what the FISC warrant allowed the FBI to do- conduct surveillance of his communications and physical searches.
Can't legally do any of that without a warrant.

Which the FBI got.

You're looking pretty foolish for repeating this shit and not reading what I told you about the capabilities you GET from NSA when you obtain a FISA warrant. It's NOT a phone wire tap. You can look BACKWARDS IN TIME with that warrant. That's the ENTIRE PURPOSE of that new Spy Palace in Utah..

Quit parroting the faulty information you get from CNN and the WashPo... They KNOW this.. They dont want YOU to know this.

Yet you still have yet to prove that is what happened.

'phony documentation' for Carter Page?

Obama government investigators [Inquisitors] grew suspicious of Page's Russian contacts and a trip he took to Moscow during the campaign, so they wiretapped him in late October 2016.

The Obama DOJ sought permission to surveil Page largely based on information from the infamous and discredited Clinton Steele dossier. That’s the document filled with bogus ludicrous blatantly false allegations re: Team Trump. This dossier was funded by Hillary Clinton’s campaign lawyer, on paper at least, meaning that Page was being surveilled in part because of a campaign’s bogus opposition research
Bullshit...

"DOJ's October 21, 2016 FISA application and three subsequent renewals carefully outlined for the Court a multi-pronged rationale for surveilling Page, who, at the time of the first application, was no longer with the Trump campaign. DOJ detailed Page's past relationships with Russian spies and interaction with Russian officials during the 2016 campaign, (REDACTED). DOJ cited multiple sources to support the case for surveilling Page a but made only narrow use of information from Steele's sources about Page's specific activities in 2016, chiefly his suspected July 2016 meetings in Moscow with Russian officials (REDACTED)."

http://docs.house.gov/meetings/ig/ig00/20180205/106838/hmtg-115-ig00-20180205-sd002.pdf

You think Mueller is gonna find Russian collusion in the Trump campaign WITHOUT THAT FISC order? Not bloody likely...

Well I actually hope that Mueller doesn't find any Russian collusion with the Trump campaign- that frankly would be terrible for our country. The only thing worse is if it happened- and is covered up.

Could the FBI find evidence without THAT FISC order? Sure- if they have the ability to get a FISC on anyone- they could have requested one for each of Trump's campaign inner circle.

But they didn't.

Nor did they do it in June, or July, or August, or September- they requested a warrant in October- weeks before the election.

Again- if this was a "Deep State Conspiracy" to deny the election to Trump- it was incredibly incompetent.

Hell all the FBI needed to do to accomplish that during the election was for Comey to hold a press conference and announce that Trump's campaign was being investigated by the FBI for collusion with Russia.

Forum List

Back