Debate Now What does MAGA mean ? Specifically ?

Thank you for linking that into the discussion.

I am all for the idea of talking about our character as much as I am about our people.

So:

1. Bragging about "grabbing them....." (regardless of whether it happened or not) isn't good character.
2. Calling people names and insulting them isn't good character. i.e "Basket of Deplorables"
3. Lying and being dishonest isn't good character.
4. Stealing isn't good character.
5. Divorce is a sign of weakness in our character (and spare me the one-offs).
6. Etc. Etc. Etc.
Recall that GHW Bush attempted to make that election about character, but America preferred Bill Clinton.

Recall that GHW Bush attempted to make that election about character, but America preferred Bill Clinton.

I don't recall much about Bush, other than I didn't much care for him.

And what happened was enough people didn't that they voted for Perot.

Not me.....I voted for him.

But you don't need a Republican President for the nation to be wholesome, humble and God Fearing.

This thread was about Making America Great Again (and how people here seem to not be able to say what that means in terms of specifics).

I would say that we should be able to come up with something specific that spells out how we are going to elevate the ideas of honesty, accountability and others in order to put something back in our collective conciousness.

But you don't need a Republican President for the nation to be wholesome, humble and God Fearing.

What does MAGA mean Specifically 240414 {post•101}. NotfooledbyW cites Saint Hikerguy83: “So I am going to say, I think America is great now.” hkrgy 240414 Swdmms00001

NotfooledbyW Apr’24 Vdmms: I agree America is great now and has been the greatest nation in the history of nations from the year 1776 when: Thomas Paine Calls for American Independence, 1776

Primary Source: Thomas Paine Calls for American Independence, 1776 | United States History 1 (OS Collection). Paine1776. nfbw 240414 Vwdmms00101

What does MAGA mean Specifically 240414 {post•103}. cnm Apr’24 Vwdmms: No one can deny a nation can only be the greatest when it has a large slave population, Shirley? cnmzzz 240414 Vwdmms00103 to Vwdmms00101

What does MAGA mean Specifically 240417 {post•224}

Should it be considered by modern human beings that the European model for nation states was the greatest form of slavery known as the Divine Rights of Kings?

Prior to Thomas Paine’s common 1775 sense rebellion against the divine right to enslave men under the flag of Jesus Christ on the Cross it should be noted that Saint Hiker guy83’s standard for greatness of a nation is a population that is HikerGuy83 “quote” - “wholesome, humble and God Fearing” - unquote.

Thomas Paine had absolutely no fear of the desert God of Abraham nor belief in the Holy Biblical record about him.

Saint Hikerguy38 refuses to have the slightest intellectual interest in the significance of Thomas Paine to this thread he started on the meaning of MAGA.

Paine brought the end of more than the racist commercial brand of race based chattel slavery. He ended the Catholic and Protestant Christian enslavement that dominated the world for twelve centuries prior to 1775. He inspired all Europeans to break the shackles that Christianity had put on their minds.

Election‘24 nfbw 240424 Vrvwgo12193 to Swdmms00001

Paine1776 nfbw 240414 Vwdmms00101

nfbw 240417 Vwdmms00224 to hkrgy 240426 Swdmms00223

Last edited:
I don't recall much about Bush, other than I didn't much care for him.

And what happened was enough people didn't that they voted for Perot.

Not me.....I voted for him.

This thread was about Making America Great Again (and how people here seem to not be able to say what that means in terms of specifics).

I would say that we should be able to come up with something specific that spells out how we are going to elevate the ideas of honesty, accountability and others in order to put something back in our collective conciousness.
Americans once supported the idea of American greatness. Perhaps that's why we were great once. I don't believe Americans have the needed character to return to those days. Of course, the idea of American greatness still exists but the reality is long gone.

'Greatness' is a relative term, no? Are we or were we grate compared to other countries, or is it compared to the America we once were? IMHO, 'greatness' is political hyperbole and very subjective. How about we focus on us and let the rest of the world do what they do. How about we at least try to be better than we are now, starting with individual safety and security and also national security. I think we better fix our problems on the southern border, we cannot have millions of illegal immigrants coming into the US from God knows where. Most are probably good people, but some definitely not; we don't need more bad actors and we ought to be sending those people back to where they came from whether their original country wants them or not. Failure to accept undesirables should result in absolutely no trade and no foreign aid to such countries, and if that doesn't work then more serious measures should be imposed. And for God's sake build a freakin' wall and monitor it with drones and a beefed up Border Patrol. No more catch and release.

On the individual/local level, we cannot have people being attacked on our streets and stores being robbed without consequence. Fuck social justice, if you do the crime you serve the time no matter what your skin color is or personal circumstances. And if you use a gun in the crime you get an longer sentence. It's about time we got back to deterrence, something we've been missing for too long. No more lifetime judges, you can be thrown out if you don't do your job. The idea of reducing or abolishing police forces was always an extremely stupid idea, you can't send an unarmed social worker to deal with a maniac with a gun or a knife.

Will these things make America great again? Probably not, but it will make life better.

Americans once supported the idea of American greatness

Paine1776 nfbw 240414 Vwdmms00101

The American Revolution was about how prosperous all humankind could be if the God of Abraham nation states could be rejected and replaced by self rule with the separation of Christian church authority from having access to consented power that freed individuals relinquish to the state.

Christian MAGA long for a past that never was and continually subvert the heart soul and mind of the generation that fought and defeated the powerful Christian state.

see Paine1776 nfbw 240414 Vwdmms00101

Fuck social justice,

What does MAGA mean Specifically 240414 {post•1}. HikerGuy83 Apr’24 Swdmms: “If MAGA means Make American Great Again, it means we were once great. •¥• Can someone tell me when that was, what made us "great" and when you'll know we've gotten back to that point ?” hkrgy 240414 Swdmms00001

I tried to tell Saint Hiker Guy 83 when it was that made America "great".

see Paine1776 nfbw 240414 Vwdmms00101

We became great when our founding generation devised the Continental Congress which unified thirteen British colonies to form a volunteer army of farmers and tradesmen who would fight the professional British infantry and mercenaries and then defeat an empire. Did they form a perfect union in 1792? Absolutely Not.

The fight for Social Justice began after the imperfect union was formed. Our true greatness is our ability to eke out a more perfect multicultural union with every generation facing new challenges.

MAGA wants to go back to a certain time when one culture was dominate.

That is not how progress works.

MAGA is unAmerican and needs to be put to death.

God gave a great land and inspired a great government to a not-so-great people, and we've been struggling with it ever since.

A not-so-great people will never make a nation great.

Last edited:
God gave a great land
How do you know Saint Woodnutz that the desert God of Abraham had jurisdiction over land development on the North American continent? Why did a desert god from northern Africa have the right to take away the land from the indigenous people of North America?

How do you know Saint Woodnutz that the desert God of Abraham had jurisdiction over land development on the North American continent? Why did a desert god from northern Africa have the right to take away the land from the indigenous people of North America?
God owns everything and can do as He pleases. It pleased him to give this land to the descendants of Joseph, as he promised.

God owns everything and can do as He pleases. It pleased him to give this land to the descendants of Joseph, as he promised.

Because the great American rebel and second president John Adams rejected the Holy Trinity and the concept of original sin did this founding father reject the God of Abraham and the descendants of Joseph and all the other Christian metaphysical beliefs you hold so dear? Is that why you believe America is doomed?

Who were the descendants of Joseph that the God of Abraham gave half of the continent of North America to?

Because the great American rebel and second president John Adams rejected the Holy Trinity and the concept of original sin did this founding father reject the God of Abraham and the descendants of Joseph and all the other Christian metaphysical beliefs you hold so dear? Is that why you believe America is doomed?
America is doomed because of sin.

Forum List

Back