What exactly do republicans have to offer blacks?

Now here is a real American

Untitled.png

If blacks want something from Republicans they could start being a little smarter in the way they vote. Their lock-step 90% support of Democrats mean both parties write them off as a group that cannot be persuaded to vote Republican no matter how much the Democrats abuse them.

Trickle down doesn't exist, Sealy! Anyone that's EVER run a business understands only too well that profit trickles up...not down!

The fact that you need to ASK what GOP policies do to benefit everyone with the unemployment numbers we've had for the past two plus years and all of the other positive economic numbers tells me that you're ignoring what's actually taken place!
Yea but still your way the gap between the rich and poor is growing wider and the middle class is still struggling. Still doing worse than we were in 1970.

So if this is the new normal then just admit it. Most people will never save enough to ever retire. Most people in the future won't be able to afford college.

We created a middle class the world had never seen before. Labor Laws, Unions, New Deal social programs.

You'll never make America great again. Not that great. What you will say is America is great now. Hardly. If it's great now for blue collar then it was pretty much great when Obama was president because their lives haven't changed that much for the better. Maybe a couple bucks an hour tops but that's it.

Now this is not personal because in 2016 I got a $45K a year raise. BUT that was not because of Trump. I got that raise because of the sales I did in the Obama years. So personally, if I was an ignorant fuck, I would connect my increase in standard of living to Trump and vote for that embarrassment. Because some how I would feel I'm rich enough to be a greedy ignorant Republican. But I know better.

So answer me this, Sealy...did the gap between rich and poor get smaller or bigger under the eight years of the Obama Administration?

As for your raise? Raises in the Private Sector are generally given in anticipation of you generating profit in the future...not for what you've done in the past! I'm rather sure that if you boss had a pessimistic outlook going forward in 2016 that you wouldn't have gotten that money. So tell me what was going on that was making your boss or bosses so optimistic? I'm guessing it was the same thing that was making OTHER bosses optimistic as well! That there was a President in the White House who didn't view the Private Sector as little more than source of taxes!

My bosses want me to take a lower salary and higher commission and they say that will make me more safe in the future if the economy goes into a recession. Then if sales go down they won't look at my salary and say "we got to cut this guys salary".

Fuck that. I'm going to tell them we can lower my salary if/when my sales drop. Until then, fuck lowering my salary. Here is why I'm thinking that. In 2014 I only made $40K. In 2015 I made $50K. In 2016 I made $60K and got my raise at the end of the year so that in 2017 I made $90K. So do the math. In those 4 years I really only made $60K a year. They owe me. The raise I got in 2016 was a reward for my past sales. Yea sure they are expecting those sales to continue but you Republicans want it both ways. You say you'll pay us what we are worth but first we have to show you what we are worth. Then when we do, you say that raise is in anticipation of future sales? I get it, but this is just another way you guys talk out of both sides of your mouth. And you can put spin on anything.

So the next time I take a job at a company I'm going to tell them they need to pay me for future sales. What I do today doesn't matter. Even if I suck, you are not paying me for my results now you are paying me for what I'm going to do in the future. LOL.

I assume you work on commission? If not then why not? The more you sell the more you make and the more your company makes. Gee, what a concept!

To pay me what I’m worth my boss had to give it in the form of commission. He couldn’t justify $90k salary even though I’m worth it. He had to make it $65k plus 1.5%.

They want to pay me on everything but lower my salary to $40k but they say I’ll make minimum what I make now and most likely $140,000.

I will take that offer if they make it.

OR, I figured out how I could keep my salary and make the exact same so that is what I will propose. Fuck taking a salary cut. Just figure it out in the commission percentages and don’t ask me to take a salary cut. That’s bullshit.

I’m not bragging, I’ve been this companies savior. Trumps tariffs are fucking with machine sales but I’m killing it in aftermarket.

Donald%20Duck-S.gif

What has trump done? Has he shrunk the gap between rich and rest of us? He made it even wider.

Has trump won the tariff war with China? Then what has he done?

Bottom line is middle class America is still living worse off than they were in 1970. Maga? Not yet

After over two years, FACTS still elude you don't they?

Jobs report shows strong economy, growing wages, low unemployment rate
By Dave Boyer - The Washington Times - Sunday, September 8, 2019

Democrats rooting for a recession to torpedo President Trump’s bid for reelection have had their hopes dashed yet again.

The latest jobs report from the government on Friday showed a continued strong economy, with employers adding 130,000 jobs in August and wages growing at an annual rate of 3.2%. The overall unemployment rate held steady at a historically low 3.7%.

The jobless rate for black workers last month fell to its lowest rate since the government began keeping track in 1972 — 5.5%. The rate for black women was even lower, a record 4.4%.

The unemployment level among Hispanic workers also fell in August to 4.2%, equaling a record low set earlier this year.

In terms of equality, the U.S. economy has never been better. The gap between white unemployment, 3.4%, and black unemployment is now the smallest in history.

The total number of Americans considered employed rose to a record 157.9 million.

Jobs report shows strong economy, growing wages, low unemployment rate

Did you cut hair?

Well I prefer a company that pays you $60,000 the first year while you are building up your business.

If they aren’t willing to pay then they tend to hire a lot of salespeople and make it so they know only 10% are going to make it so they get the other 90% to market their product for free. If I owned a company I may resort to such tactics too but I prefer not to work for companies like that.

I'm a Realtor.

Do you know what I do not see in this forum" A thread titled
  • What exactly do republicans have to offer Asians?
  • What exactly do republicans have to offer Latinos?
  • What exactly do republicans have to offer Indians?
I wonder why? Is it because they work hard and bust their asses, instead of being like lazy ass IM2 who cries and snivels and blames everything on Whitey? Any ideas?

I wonder why? Is it because they work hard and bust their asses, instead of being like lazy ass IM2 who cries and snivels and blames everything on Whitey? Any ideas?

Asians, Latinos and Native Americans are asking the same question.

This post is the type of ignorant tripe that comes from women who married into upward mobility. Women that actually work are asking, What exactly do republicans have to offer Women?

This post is the type of ignorant tripe that comes from women who married into upward mobility. Women that actually work are asking, What exactly do republicans have to offer Women?
You limit your venom towards ones you do not like. You do not even consider that there are a plethora of people on the ones you do who fall into the same categories. Elitists and the intellectuals are self entitled. It does not even matter if their superiority is earned. For it is a given. It falls in many ways though. They rule the fiefdoms or direct them. They play with them like games for fun and their amusement. To be that is a whole new level for most people. Women have something more then men if they use it while constraining themselves. Compassion or empathy that is part of the human experience. Most of what you see today on what you say Repubs have to offer women seems like a bribe by Progs. Extreme feminism is in its near third generation now. Everyone uses the same outhouse and women have the key to it. They just don't understand why it smells of shit even after they use it. So what else are we to give them? The kitchen sink! They got that too. IM 2.... women are over 60% of college students. Dentists, doctors and lawyers among them. Don't worry, the males are picking up the weapons as they regress with the women who have not made it into shang ri la also. We are seeing the Butterfly Affect into idiocracy.

Straight from your favorite CNN:

This must-have pained CNN greatly! But, as is characteristic of CNN and MSNBC,

Trump has gained among black voters since the 2016 election
Analysis by Harry Enten, CNN
Updated 9:32 AM ET, Sat August 18, 2018
[...]
What's the point: There is another poll out in which more than 30% of black voters supposedly approve of Trump's job performance. Trump's biggest fans have trumpeted this poll as a sign that he is breaking through with African-Americans. The problem is the poll is almost certainly incorrect. [Typical of CNN, impossible for them to simply publish the news.]

Trump has gained support among black voters since 2016 - CNNPolitics

###

Why Trump’s Approval Ratings
Are Up Among Minorities

American Spectator, by David Catron
Original Article
Posted By: Garnet, 8/19/2019 5:40:59 AM

A mounting number of voter polls show that, despite shrill denunciations of the President by the Democrats for his alleged racism, Trump is enjoying a dramatic increase in his approval ratings among minorities. This isn’t, as some liberal news outlets and pundits have suggested, wishful thinking based on outlier polls. The trend began showing up in surveys early this year and appears to be gaining momentum. Some polls now show his approval numbers at 25 percent among African-American voters and 50 percent among Hispanic voters. If those figures hold for the next 15 months, they will render Trump unbeatable in November of 2020.

Lucianne.com News Forum - Why Trump’s Approval Ratings</br/> Are Up Among Minorities

###

POLL: Trump approval 49% with Latinos, 28% with Blacks
Published on : Published by : Jacob Palmieri

POLL: Trump approval 49% with Latinos, 28% with Blacks

Why do you hate women? Why are you dissing women?

There is no democratic plantation. Blacks are able to think for ourselves. The two major reforms relative to racial equality of the last 60 years were democratic proposals. The overall platform of the democratic party deals with issues the large majority of blacks face. So what exactly does the republican party offer blacks?. We are free, so republicans don't offer that. So aside from the fact Lincoln signed a piece of paper 153 years ago, what does the republican party have to offer?

What does the GOP have to offer blacks?

fried-chicken-and-watermelon-550x269.jpg

Now do they get your vote or not?

Blacks vote Democratic because of the Civil Rights Act of 1964. As soon as LBJ signed it, he said now the Democrats have lost the South for a generation. And he was right. But the trade-off was that Democrats gained the loyalty of 80-90% of the black population. Before that there were quite a few black Republicans.

It is harder to generalize about Latinos. You have Cubans in Florida who are heavily Republican. You have conservative Latinos in many places who are also Republican. But the majority of Latinos probably vote Democratic because they are considered more friendly to unions and the working class. Also because they are more liberal on immigration. Whereas Republicans are seen as favoring the interests of the wealthy, and more inclined to discriminate against minorities.

Social issues such as those you mention are important also, but most people vote their pocketbooks.

Actually; black voters began to exit the Republican party in the 1930's, over 30 years prior to the Civil Rights act.

If you read up on the policies of Republican Herbert Hoover and the timing of Franklin Rossevelts "new deal", those events had just as much if not more impact on the black vote becoming more inclined to be democratic.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://ir.uiowa.edu/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=8734&context=annals-of-iowa&ved=2ahUKEwjitdnt6NfkAhVPXKwKHY_SDqIQFjAKegQIBBAB&usg=AOvVaw3HteL3NwpWUWoFM0hwJiCo

Last edited:
There is no democratic plantation. Blacks are able to think for ourselves. The two major reforms relative to racial equality of the last 60 years were democratic proposals. The overall platform of the democratic party deals with issues the large majority of blacks face. So what exactly does the republican party offer blacks?. We are free, so republicans don't offer that. So aside from the fact Lincoln signed a piece of paper 153 years ago, what does the republican party have to offer?

Blacks vote Democratic because of the Civil Rights Act of 1964. As soon as LBJ signed it, he said now the Democrats have lost the South for a generation. And he was right. But the trade-off was that Democrats gained the loyalty of 80-90% of the black population. Before that there were quite a few black Republicans.

It is harder to generalize about Latinos. You have Cubans in Florida who are heavily Republican. You have conservative Latinos in many places who are also Republican. But the majority of Latinos probably vote Democratic because they are considered more friendly to unions and the working class. Also because they are more liberal on immigration. Whereas Republicans are seen as favoring the interests of the wealthy, and more inclined to discriminate against minorities.

Social issues such as those you mention are important also, but most people vote their pocketbooks.

Actually; black voters began to exit the Republican party in the 1930's, over 30 years prior to the Civil Rights act.

If you read up on the policies of Republican Herbert Hoover and the timing of Franklin Rossevelts "new deal", those events had just as much if not more impact on the black vote becoming more inclined to be democratic.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://ir.uiowa.edu/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=8734&context=annals-of-iowa&ved=2ahUKEwjitdnt6NfkAhVPXKwKHY_SDqIQFjAKegQIBBAB&usg=AOvVaw3HteL3NwpWUWoFM0hwJiCo
Even before that. Google Mississippi flood in the 20s

Of course I know the whole story, but thanks.

• Thanks
Reactions: IM2

Of course I know the whole story, but thanks.
Then why did you say blacks started leaving the GOP in the 30's? It was the 20's.

Several reports on the terrible situation in the refugee camps, including one by the Colored Advisory Commission headed by Robert Russa Moton, were kept out of the media at Hoover's request, with the pledge of further reforms for Blacks after the presidential election in 1928. His failure to deliver followed other disappointments by the Republican Party; Moton and other influential African Americans began to encourage Black Americans to align instead with the national Democrats.

The refugee camps also dealt with extreme racial inequality as supplies and means of evacuation after flooding were given strictly to white citizens, with Blacks only receiving leftovers. African Americans also did not receive supplies without providing the name of their white employer or voucher from a white person. In order to fully exploit black labor, Blacks were frequently forced to work against their will, and were not permitted to leave the camps.

• We probably need to spell it out for the Jews, Asians, Latinos, and Indians cause they waste their votes on Democrats just like black people.

Forum List

Back