What exactly do republicans have to offer blacks?

Conservative values are deeply entrenched in black communities. The church is a cornerstone of black culture. As is entrepreneurship: African Americans are not looking for government handouts, nor are many demanding wealth redistribution as a corrective for historical disenfranchisement (despite Ta-Nehisi Coates’ powerful case for reparations). What we want is a fair playing field, opportunity for social mobility, and a social safety net that prevents people from sinking into total despondency.

And black people hate the government. They should love the Republicans anti government position. So why don't they?

The optics on this are not good. When Republicans emphasize social trust, personal freedom and autonomy, except when it comes to the poor, they imply that the disadvantaged are in some sense not worthy of equal dignity or respect. While this discrimination is essentially class based, many blacks view these policies as racist.

If “big government” is the approach offered by Democrats, consider that Republican efforts are largely aimed at eliminating aid programs, or at the very least, rendering them less generous and the application process more burdensome. Worse, the typical Republican “solution” to poverty entails not just dramatic cuts in benefits to the poor, but raising their taxes as well, while lowering the rate for the wealthy and corporations—all under the falsified notion that this fortune will eventually “trickle down” of its own accord.

Neither of these approaches hold much promise for the disadvantaged to actually escape poverty, but at least the Democrats promise to partially alleviate (even at the cost of perpetuating) their suffering. This leaves them as the least-worst option: while most blacks may doubt Hillary Clinton will dramatically improve their lives, they feel certain that the likes of Donald Trump, Ted Cruz, or Mike Huckabee will make things worse.

Why Aren’t There More Black Republicans?

Great article

Jobs, opportunity, freedom, prosperity.
Dems offer that too.

Where?

If they did I would of never left the Chicago area.

Everywhere. I lived/live in a dem city and I have all that. You just have to keep the racists from trying to take it from you.

Everywhere is where? Not interested in paying a higher cost of living/higher taxes.

Everywhere in the US. If I lived in a repub state I would be poor like everyone else in those states.
Exactly. I live in a blue state (California)......if I wanted to, I could cash out....go to a red state....buy three times as much and drive the prices up so red staters are even poorer.

If white boys in the US practiced like the white boys in europe they could get into the NBA. If it was based on genetics then pure Black Africans would be the only ones dominating the NBA.

Teach! Cause Dirk Nowitzki don't look black to me.

Thats one player. LMAO. You're so dumb.
Youre an idiot. There is way more than one white european player

Is there more than 10?
Yep

11? LOL

White boys in Eur? Best players in Eur are black Americans. Africans do play well???
Yeah white boys in europe. How is it they can come to the NBA and shine? Of course Africans play well. However, if it was genetics pure Africans would be the best. So far only one has made it to the HOF.

They don't have courts, sneakers, instructions? When they come here they shine. See Embiid. Started playing at 16? I said 75% is black. Not 100%. So yes 25% "shine".
You sound like an idiot. They have courts, instruction, and sneakers in Africa. The thing is that basketball is not usually the sport of choice in Africa. Therefore they dont practice it. Kinda like the white boys here in the US.

I am the idiot? You just said white people don't play hoops. LMAO. Have you seen the benches of NCAA teams? Mostly white kids who excelled in HS but could not compete with the elite black athletes on the highest levels. I am an idiot? You're the one responding to my posts. LOL. Oh Assfaceias I sure do enjoy these conversations.
Yes youre the idiot. I said white boys in the US dont practice hard enough.

What? I am talking about white kids. LMAO from the the US. Just enjoy your genetic advantages. Stop being so humble.

Seems like those whites are on the democrat plantation
Again, a very simplistic view of the situation. Yes, anyone who is poor is still living on the Democratic plantation. And anyone who is already successful is running the plantation. Or, most of you are house slaves. You got it good enough so no need to rock the boat right? And since you already got yours, it's easy to overlook all the liberal policies that helped you get to where you are in life. Affordable college, being white and priviledged, having 2 parents in the home, knowing someone who could give you your first job, being smart, having the benefit of going to a good school district because you were born in the right area code.

And yes, white southerners in Red states have never left the plantation. When blacks were freed rich whites had to find someone to work on those plantations and looky who they found. Po White Trash.

Republican leaders have spent months promoting the myth that red low-tax states are subsidizing blue high-tax states because of the deduction for state and local taxes.

An Associated Press Fact Check finds it’s actually the other way around. High-tax, traditionally Democratic states (blue), subsidize low-tax, traditionally Republican states (red) — in a big way.

In fact, most high-tax states send more money to Washington than they get back in federal spending. Most low-tax states make a profit from the federal government’s system of taxing and spending.

Connecticut residents paid an average of $15,643 per person in federal taxes in 2015, according to a report by the Rockefeller Institute of Government. Massachusetts paid $13,582 per person, New Jersey paid $13,137 and New York paid $12,820.

California residents paid an average of $10,510.

At the other end, Mississippi residents paid an average of $5,740 per person, while West Virginia paid $6,349, Kentucky paid $6,626 and South Carolina paid $6,665.

Low-tax red states also fare better when you take into account federal spending.

Mississippi received $2.13 for every tax dollar the state sent to Washington in 2015, according to the Rockefeller study. West Virginia received $2.07, Kentucky got $1.90 and South Carolina got $1.71.

Meanwhile, New Jersey received 74 cents in federal spending for tax every dollar the state sent to Washington. New York received 81 cents, Connecticut received 82 cents and Massachusetts received 83 cents.

Stop sucking off the Democratic tit!!!

AP FACT CHECK: Blue high-tax states fund red low-tax states

It is not just about $$$$ it is about the high crime rate.
Yea, because a poor white person in a white community doesn't feel as desperate and hopeless as a poor black person, so they don't resort to crime. Anyone who's a violent criminal has given up all hope of being a productive member of society. So maybe white people aren't as desperate and don't feel as hopeless. Plus there are a million other factors on why black communities are more dangerous. Ultimately you don't seem to get that black people are treated like second class citizens in this country. They probably feel like Palestinians who feel so hopeless they strap on suicide bombs.

The relationship between race and crime in the United States has been a topic of public controversy and scholarly debate for more than a century. The incarceration rate of blacks is more than three times higher than their representation in the general population. Research shows that the over representation of some minorities in the criminal justice system can be explained mostly by disproportionate rates of crime, but also by socioeconomic factors and racial discrimination by law enforcement and the judicial system.

92 Percent Of African-Americans Say Black Americans Face Discrimination Today

Maybe they should stop voting Democrat?

We know that's the bullshit line Republicans like to us when discussing why blacks vote Democratic but we will tell you again. You have to offer something in exchange for their votes. They/We know they offer nothing in fact they provide cover for companies who discriminate against blacks.

We see 99% of the managers of a company are white. We say, "gee, this company should have more blacks working for it. Seems like this company discriminates against black people" and instead of you agreeing you defend these companies. You argue that they shouldn't have to hire anyone they don't want to hire. Then you start talking about how if they are forced to hire black people then white people are discriminated against. And you say the company isn't hiring the best if they have to hire 10% minorities and women.

And as minorities and women, they know you are full of shit. This is just one small example of why black people don't vote Republican. What you promote are policies that hold them back. You pretend it's in the name of fairness but we know your idea of fair isn't fair at all.

zzzzzzz

Yawn

Yeah white boys in europe. How is it they can come to the NBA and shine? Of course Africans play well. However, if it was genetics pure Africans would be the best. So far only one has made it to the HOF.

They don't have courts, sneakers, instructions? When they come here they shine. See Embiid. Started playing at 16? I said 75% is black. Not 100%. So yes 25% "shine".
You sound like an idiot. They have courts, instruction, and sneakers in Africa. The thing is that basketball is not usually the sport of choice in Africa. Therefore they dont practice it. Kinda like the white boys here in the US.

I am the idiot? You just said white people don't play hoops. LMAO. Have you seen the benches of NCAA teams? Mostly white kids who excelled in HS but could not compete with the elite black athletes on the highest levels. I am an idiot? You're the one responding to my posts. LOL. Oh Assfaceias I sure do enjoy these conversations.

What? I am talking about white kids. LMAO from the the US. Just enjoy your genetic advantages. Stop being so humble.
Obviously you forgot I said white boys from the US need to practice like the european ones.

Seems like those whites are on the democrat plantation
Again, a very simplistic view of the situation. Yes, anyone who is poor is still living on the Democratic plantation. And anyone who is already successful is running the plantation. Or, most of you are house slaves. You got it good enough so no need to rock the boat right? And since you already got yours, it's easy to overlook all the liberal policies that helped you get to where you are in life. Affordable college, being white and priviledged, having 2 parents in the home, knowing someone who could give you your first job, being smart, having the benefit of going to a good school district because you were born in the right area code.

And yes, white southerners in Red states have never left the plantation. When blacks were freed rich whites had to find someone to work on those plantations and looky who they found. Po White Trash.

Republican leaders have spent months promoting the myth that red low-tax states are subsidizing blue high-tax states because of the deduction for state and local taxes.

An Associated Press Fact Check finds it’s actually the other way around. High-tax, traditionally Democratic states (blue), subsidize low-tax, traditionally Republican states (red) — in a big way.

In fact, most high-tax states send more money to Washington than they get back in federal spending. Most low-tax states make a profit from the federal government’s system of taxing and spending.

Connecticut residents paid an average of $15,643 per person in federal taxes in 2015, according to a report by the Rockefeller Institute of Government. Massachusetts paid $13,582 per person, New Jersey paid $13,137 and New York paid $12,820.

At the other end, Mississippi residents paid an average of $5,740 per person, while West Virginia paid $6,349, Kentucky paid $6,626 and South Carolina paid $6,665.

Low-tax red states also fare better when you take into account federal spending.

Mississippi received $2.13 for every tax dollar the state sent to Washington in 2015, according to the Rockefeller study. West Virginia received $2.07, Kentucky got $1.90 and South Carolina got $1.71.

Meanwhile, New Jersey received 74 cents in federal spending for tax every dollar the state sent to Washington. New York received 81 cents, Connecticut received 82 cents and Massachusetts received 83 cents.

Yea, because a poor white person in a white community doesn't feel as desperate and hopeless as a poor black person, so they don't resort to crime. Anyone who's a violent criminal has given up all hope of being a productive member of society. So maybe white people aren't as desperate and don't feel as hopeless. Plus there are a million other factors on why black communities are more dangerous. Ultimately you don't seem to get that black people are treated like second class citizens in this country. They probably feel like Palestinians who feel so hopeless they strap on suicide bombs.

The relationship between race and crime in the United States has been a topic of public controversy and scholarly debate for more than a century. The incarceration rate of blacks is more than three times higher than their representation in the general population. Research shows that the over representation of some minorities in the criminal justice system can be explained mostly by disproportionate rates of crime, but also by socioeconomic factors and racial discrimination by law enforcement and the judicial system.

I hope you are reading all this. I know Jews are stubborn, closed minded and set in their ways so let me know.

There is an assumption that these issues do not need to be addressed head-on because a strong economy will raise up all Americans. Hence Republicans focus on fiscal matters over social justice. But if a particular social arrangement fundamentally privileges one group or marginalizes others, then economic growth tends to exacerbate disparities between groups rather than “lifting all boats.” Or put another way, a system has to be fair before it can be color blind.

Black families have, on average, 5 percent of the wealth of their white counterparts. African Americans have limited access to the credit used to acquire property or start a business—and they have been largely excluded from social networks that enhance mobility. Meanwhile, whites receive 76 percent of all merit-based scholarships and grant funding. There have been myriad studies demonstrating that, regardless of their credentials, people with “ethnic” names are far less likely to get accepted into schools or called for job interviews. And even when hired, women and people of color are not promoted as often or as quickly as their white male counterparts—helping to explain why blacks earn only 60 cents for every dollar that white people earn in salary and wages.

I stopped reading after “hope”. Your rhetoric bores me.

Obviously you forgot I said white boys from the US need to practice like the european ones.

Has nothing to do with practice. Best players in Russia would not even crack an NBA deep bench sans Mozgov and he sucks.

Thats one player. LMAO. You're so dumb.
Youre an idiot. There is way more than one white european player

Is there more than 10?
Yep

11? LOL
Yep more than 11. Theres one on every team at least.

Outside the former Yslavians there are not and I alreaded said the former Yugoslavs are outstanding. Similar generic gifts to blacks.

There is no democratic plantation. Blacks are able to think for ourselves. The two major reforms relative to racial equality of the last 60 years were democratic proposals. The overall platform of the democratic party deals with issues the large majority of blacks face. So what exactly does the republican party offer blacks?. We are free, so republicans don't offer that. So aside from the fact Lincoln signed a piece of paper 153 years ago, what does the republican party have to offer?

I could think of some things maybe.. but I'm far from an expert on that, keeping in context that neither political party offers anything perfect to anyone regardless of color... but I think if you really want to know the answer to this you should find Republicans who are black and ask the question to them why they prefer Republicans or conservative and what they think it offers them. Why waste your time asking white people what I believe you consider a black issue? I really dont believe you would respect any other answer I gave you anyway.

`

Nothing - That's the beauty of it.....they don't have to change a thing every time elections come up.

`

Nothing - That's the beauty of it.....they don't have to change a thing every time elections come up.
What Democrats offer Blacks...
Welfare
Food Stamps
Free Smart Phones
Free HiDef TVs
Lowered Educational standards

Why not start your own country?

`

What Democrats offer Blacks...
Welfare
Food Stamps
Free Smart Phones
Free HiDef TVs
Lowered Educational standards

Why not start your own country?

Dems offer that too.

No they don’t, all they’ve done is offer you and all minority’s an excuse to claim victim hood, no opportunities exist when you’re claiming victim status. I could careless what your ethnicity is, I’m looking at your work ethic, character, integrity, etc...

We know that's the bullshit line Republicans like to us when discussing why blacks vote Democratic but we will tell you again. You have to offer something in exchange for their votes. They/We know they offer nothing in fact they provide cover for companies who discriminate against blacks.

We see 99% of the managers of a company are white. We say, "gee, this company should have more blacks working for it. Seems like this company discriminates against black people" and instead of you agreeing you defend these companies. You argue that they shouldn't have to hire anyone they don't want to hire. Then you start talking about how if they are forced to hire black people then white people are discriminated against. And you say the company isn't hiring the best if they have to hire 10% minorities and women.

And as minorities and women, they know you are full of shit. This is just one small example of why black people don't vote Republican. What you promote are policies that hold them back. You pretend it's in the name of fairness but we know your idea of fair isn't fair at all.

zzzzzzz

Yawn
You blowing off the racism that exists in this country towards blacks is why blacks don't vote Republican.

It's easy to tell a black person to go to school, don't have kids before you are financially ready, don't do drugs or commit crimes and your life will turn out ok.

But then when you doubt/deny the racism they run into along the way. That's what gets under black people's skin.

Black people will tell you us liberal whites are hardly much better than you cons are. But at least we acknowledge that the playing field is not level.

If you read what I posted and yawned then you clearly don't get it. I'm done trying to explain it to someone who's not listening. But the funny thing is if I told you about how Jews are not treated fairly, boy oh boy you would get it right? That's because you lack empathy to anyone different than you.

• Thanks
Reactions: IM2

zzzzzzz

Yawn
You blowing off the racism that exists in this country towards blacks is why blacks don't vote Republican.

It's easy to tell a black person to go to school, don't have kids before you are financially ready, don't do drugs or commit crimes and your life will turn out ok.

But then when you doubt/deny the racism they run into along the way. That's what gets under black people's skin.

Black people will tell you us liberal whites are hardly much better than you cons are. But at least we acknowledge that the playing field is not level.

If you read what I posted and yawned then you clearly don't get it. I'm done trying to explain it to someone who's not listening. But the funny thing is if I told you about how Jews are not treated fairly, boy oh boy you would get it right? That's because you lack empathy to anyone different than you.
What racism?
They live in their own neighborhoods.
So do most Jews.

Forum List

Back