What ground for compromise?

I do not have a side sweet cheeks..........

Ya you do you lying sack of shit.

Its your ass. Your problem is that its stuck on your face.

51d6qAfSxQL._SX466_.jpg

Ok, more and more I am noticing that every issue, has, at least in the minds of the Left, been framed as a matter of good vs evil, with no grounds for compromise or even discussion.

ANYTHING, even remotely touching on Race, and if you don't agree with them, you are a "racist", for one the biggest example.

Now they have decided that any form of Nationalism, is akin go Nazism, based on I'm not sure what, so if you are too nationalistic, you are a "nazi" or something.

My question here is twofold,

1. A challenge to put forth any major issue that is still just a matter of policy, where reasonable people can reasonably disagree,

or

2. To discuss how each issue is framed so that we can discuss this problem. ie give one other issue, that you see libs frame this way, and how they frame it.

Any liberals that deny that this is a thing, are welcome to explain what you think I got wrong. Or to defend the idea of why, left vs right has broken down to Good vs Evil.

You can't ask Evil to explain why they are evil.

Nice selfie, thanks to letting us know what you look like. Always good to put a face to a name

Utterly fucking stupid, Comrade.

Do you know what a democracy is? Or a Republic? The idiots over at History sure don't.

Do you know what a democracy is? Or a Republic? The idiots over at History sure don't.

Yes, I do...you though do not.

you are too stupid to know what day it is.

By the way, in a pure Democracy there are no representatives...everything is voted on by the people.

By the way, in a pure Democracy there are no representatives...everything is voted on by the people.

:lmao:

You seriously are a fucking idiot. You Marxists are driven so much by your desire to end the Republic that you spew the most stupid shit.

Here retard, from a far left source that will match your politics.

America Is Not a Democracy

You seriously are a fucking idiot. You Marxists are driven so much by your desire to end the Republic that you spew the most stupid shit.

Stop. You're making a fool of yourself.

So your theory of effective government looks like McDonalds.

I never said we were democracy...do try and keep up!

And yeah...the history channel is far left!! Fucking retard.

So your theory of effective government looks like McDonalds.

I have not said shit about effective government...

You people are getting desperate

The problem with nationalist movements is that historically they have been defined in ethnic, religious or racial terms that exclude minority populations. They have often not been kind to those populations at best.

So you wonder why people compare it to Nazi Germany? Because that was a nationalist movement.
There is no nationalist movement you future guard at New Auschwitz. We are a FREE Nation. With BORDERS. And one common LANGUAGE. We have been for centuries. You are a mongolian idiot. You have set up many more ways for people to hurt and kill each other in our nation. And what is sad is that you do not even remotely understand it. You compare a couple of thousand of nazis and a couple of thousand klan members to half the population. Does it register in your walnut sized brain? People come her and are integrated into the unique American culture. They can keep their home language if they want and do anything in their neighborhoods and even in public areas to show their pride of background. But business and language is ENGLISH unless local. And has been. We have set in motion the carving up of our nation.

The problem with nationalist movements is that historically they have been defined in ethnic, religious or racial terms that exclude minority populations. They have often not been kind to those populations at best.

So you wonder why people compare it to Nazi Germany? Because that was a nationalist movement.
There is no nationalist movement you future guard at New Auschwitz. We are a FREE Nation. With BORDERS. And one common LANGUAGE. We have been for centuries. You are a mongolian idiot. You have set up many more ways for people to hurt and kill each other in our nation. And what is sad is that you do not even remotely understand it. You compare a couple of thousand of nazis and a couple of thousand klan members to half the population. Does it register in your walnut sized brain? People come her and are integrated into the unique American culture. They can keep their home language if they want and do anything in their neighborhoods and even in public areas to show their pride of background. But business and language is ENGLISH unless local. And has been. We have set in motion the carving up of our nation.
Nice schpeil. However it has little to do with what I said. Try again.

Can you offer an example of an issue, that has not been defined by the Left, so that any opposition on it, is not "Evil"?

Nope, I also cannot think of an example of an issue, that has not been defined by the Right wing, so that any opposition on it, is not "Evil"?

What about you personally? Are there any major issues, that you are able to respect opponents point of view?

Ok, more and more I am noticing that every issue, has, at least in the minds of the Left, been framed as a matter of good vs evil, with no grounds for compromise or even discussion.

ANYTHING, even remotely touching on Race, and if you don't agree with them, you are a "racist", for one the biggest example.

Now they have decided that any form of Nationalism, is akin go Nazism, based on I'm not sure what, so if you are too nationalistic, you are a "nazi" or something.

My question here is twofold,

1. A challenge to put forth any major issue that is still just a matter of policy, where reasonable people can reasonably disagree,

or

2. To discuss how each issue is framed so that we can discuss this problem. ie give one other issue, that you see libs frame this way, and how they frame it.

Any liberals that deny that this is a thing, are welcome to explain what you think I got wrong. Or to defend the idea of why, left vs right has broken down to Good vs Evil.
Every issue has a fair middle ground if you are debating a fair and honest person. You defining the “Left” as these partisan absolutists is part of the problem. It leaves no room to acknowledging that there is a rational “middle” who are part of the “Left”. When you engage with wingnuts hacks then you will get those arguments that you laid out but that is not an honest representation of the whole. I suggest you focus more on the middle and less on the wings

I have spoken to the "rational "middle" " of the Left, such as Mac and Seely. They talk a good game, but when the rubber hits the road, they always support the hard left that is in charge of their movement.

I specifically asked for an example of an issue that has not been defined as "Good vs Evil".

If you can even show me, an issue, with a serious number of "rational " middle" left" who are doing anything to indicate serious and honest dialog, I would like that very much.
Like I said... every issue will be good an evil according to the wingnuts on both sides and every issue has rational compromises according to moderates.

So, what about you personally? Are there any major issues, that you are able to respect your opponents opposition on?

Sorry, but I fear that some conservatives are being just as uncompromising as some liberals are being. Look at how many on the right are reacting to red flag laws proposed by other conservative Republicans--they're conjuring up wild and baseless scenarios where those laws would enable the government to take your knives, ban you from driving a school bus, take your kids from you, etc., etc.

They think it's dangerous and illegal to simply say that if someone has self-identified themselves as mentally unstable in order to receive a SS mental illness disability benefit, or if their family has done so on their behalf, that it would be dangerous and unjust to ban them from buying guns. Are you kidding me?

Or, look at how some conservatives react to reasonable compromise proposals on an eventual pathway to citizenship for illegals or even just a pathway to green-card status. Some conservatives' only solution is to deport all illegals, which is never going to happen.

Can you offer an example of an issue, that has not been defined by the Left, so that any opposition on it, is not "Evil"?

Nope, I also cannot think of an example of an issue, that has not been defined by the Right wing, so that any opposition on it, is not "Evil"?

What about you personally? Are there any major issues, that you are able to respect opponents point of view?

I respect the point of view of everyone that is not a mindless partisan sheep.

So, no examples?

:lol:

Oh look, another leftist who thinks America is a democracy,,,

So, no examples?

Sure, every issue out there I have had civil, normal discussions with people over. Abortion, guns, marriage, taxes, immigration...

:lol:

Oh look, another leftist who thinks America is a democracy,,,

It is a democracy. It's just not a direct democracy. Republic and democracy are not mutually exclusive. I'm sorry you do not know this.

So, no examples?

Sure, every issue out there I have had civil, normal discussions with people over. Abortion, guns, marriage, taxes, immigration...

You respect people that disagree with you on abortion? You dont' think they sexist trying to control a woman's body?

Forum List

Back