🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

What Happened to Church?

My first time attending any church service was when I about 16.
I attended several churches of different denominations for ~a year.

While most seemed nice and inviting, they went against what my parents taught me,

I was taught to accept and respect the differences people often have. I stopped going after thinking they were asking me to dismiss what I’ve been taught.

Well, my family weer Baptists, so we are used to arguing all the time, not being an organized sect. I have no problem attending anywhere, and do when asked by friends, from Reformed synagogues to Catholic midnight Christmas masses to Pentacostal Madness any night of the week. Personally the Jewish synagogue has the best musicians and vocalists, so we always accept invites to go to that one, mostly 'folk' music and some classical stuff, some 'traditional' Jewish songs, some sound great, some just annoying.

We’ve been over this a dozen times. Evil is not extant. Evil is the absence of good.
But didn't god make the universe and the conditions were there at the beginning so that evil would flourish? Or something like that? :biggrin:
What part of evil is not extant did you not comprehend?
Explain it and we'll see, because it appears to simply be one of your stock gibberish answers to questions you can't answer.

Says the angry deviant who can't post anywhere in this forum on the topic, just obsessively baits and whines like a 4 year old.
Pot. Kettle. Black.

lol sure. I understand why you deviants hate anybody who isn't part of the Hive and obsess over them. It's okay, you're moving to political obscurity and historical footnote status within just a few years, anyway, so enjoy your neurotic diaper wetting.

But didn't god make the universe and the conditions were there at the beginning so that evil would flourish? Or something like that? :biggrin:
What part of evil is not extant did you not comprehend?
Explain it and we'll see, because it appears to simply be one of your stock gibberish answers to questions you can't answer.

Says the angry deviant who can't post anywhere in this forum on the topic, just obsessively baits and whines like a 4 year old.
Pot. Kettle. Black.

lol sure. I understand why you deviants hate anybody who isn't part of the Hive and obsess over them. It's okay, you're moving to political obscurity and historical footnote status within just a few years, anyway, so enjoy your neurotic diaper wetting.
WTF are you talking about? :lol:

While most seemed nice and inviting, they went against what my parents taught me,

I was taught to accept and respect the differences people often have. I stopped going after thinking they were asking me to dismiss what I’ve been taught.

Well, my family weer Baptists, so we are used to arguing all the time, not being an organized sect. I have no problem attending anywhere, and do when asked by friends, from Reformed synagogues to Catholic midnight Christmas masses to Pentacostal Madness any night of the week. Personally the Jewish synagogue has the best musicians and vocalists, so we always accept invites to go to that one, mostly 'folk' music and some classical stuff, some 'traditional' Jewish songs, some sound great, some just annoying.
But don't the Baptists have the best fried chicken?

But don't the Baptists have the best fried chicken?

Southern Baptists have the best food, period.

Is it really so alien a concept to you that the more worth having something is, the more it is worth working for and investing yourself in?

Well, you're a leftist, so it probably IS alien to you to think of working for something, rather than expecting it to be handed to you.
Naw, god should be effortless and free, sounds like a better idea.
It sounds to me that you want "God Lite." All of the good and none of the less pleasant consequences. You want a God that gives the you emotional comfort of believing in God and none of that messy baggage of being virtuous. You want a tame God. You want a God you can switch on and off when it suits you. All the thrills of religion and none of the cost. Your "God Lite" is the greatest achievement of wishful thinking the world has ever seen. :lol:
My idea of god is nicer than your god, does that piss you off?

It does nothing to us except reinforce what has happened to the church. Instead of pushing back against that false teaching, the church has absorbed the desire for an easy religion that doesn't demand anything from the person and tried to become what people want.

Obviously, it's a false teaching and if that's all you want, go find a social group to feel good in that caters to you, but it's not Christianity.
You worship the hide n' seek god whom you have a hard time finding, so you study, you listen to explanations, and you generally just follow what someone else made up. God shouldn't have to be so hard, and it should be free because it doesn't need our money.

You're still trying to derail the thread. It's about what happened to the church, not the 535th time you've tried to convince yourself that God isn't real.

Naw, god should be effortless and free, sounds like a better idea.
It sounds to me that you want "God Lite." All of the good and none of the less pleasant consequences. You want a God that gives the you emotional comfort of believing in God and none of that messy baggage of being virtuous. You want a tame God. You want a God you can switch on and off when it suits you. All the thrills of religion and none of the cost. Your "God Lite" is the greatest achievement of wishful thinking the world has ever seen. :lol:

It does nothing to us except reinforce what has happened to the church. Instead of pushing back against that false teaching, the church has absorbed the desire for an easy religion that doesn't demand anything from the person and tried to become what people want.

Obviously, it's a false teaching and if that's all you want, go find a social group to feel good in that caters to you, but it's not Christianity.
You worship the hide n' seek god whom you have a hard time finding, so you study, you listen to explanations, and you generally just follow what someone else made up. God shouldn't have to be so hard, and it should be free because it doesn't need our money.

You're still trying to derail the thread. It's about what happened to the church, not the 535th time you've tried to convince yourself that God isn't real.
I asked you about your church and you wouldn't answer. So now, fuck off.

You're leaving the thread? Okay.

I'll get back to it: god should cost any money, making church a scam.

And, to stick with the thread topic, the church has watered down and weakened the message of the Gospel to the point that the gospel of prosperity and ease has gained traction. You're a prime example of that poison, wanting a God that expects nothing from you but gives you everything regardless. Down that road lies powerless, unfulfilling, false religion, not relationship.

And, to stick with the thread topic, the church has watered down and weakened the message of the Gospel to the point that the gospel of prosperity and ease has gained traction. You're a prime example of that poison, wanting a God that expects nothing from you but gives you everything regardless. Down that road lies powerless, unfulfilling, false religion, not relationship.
God doesn't need our money, so finding god should be free. You've been scammed. Or did Jesus have ushers hit people up for money every time they came to hear him speak?

God doesn't need our money, so finding god should be free. You've been scammed. Or did Jesus have ushers hit people up for money every time they came to hear him speak?

You're still obsessed with money. Until you get past that, you'll never move forward. One last time, God doesn't need money, human institutions do. You want the free and easy road, to be selfish with your material belongings, and to have God give you everything without expecting anything from you. That's just not the way it works. Salvation and relationship with God are easily obtained but growth requires commitment and yes, sacrifice.

In the interest of refusing to be derailed from the purpose of the thread, this false religion has infected the church to the point where many pastors refuse to talk about sin and won't condemn it in their own congregations, or even identify it. They no longer differentiate between the faithful and the non believers, and even don't realize that there are those who are out to destroy the church from within. Church is becoming more entertainment oriented than holiness oriented.

Last edited:

nobody is 'giving money to God', they're giving it to the church itself and some for charities. Some have missionary funds, building funds, school funds, sports team funds, etc.

Grow up; you're just a sociopath and even your Mommy hates you.

nobody is 'giving money to God', they're giving it to the church itself and some for charities. Some have missionary funds, building funds, school funds, sports team funds, etc.

He's just trying to derail the thread. It's about the church, but he keeps yammering about money.

He's just trying to derail the thread. It's about the church, but he keeps yammering about money.

It's all he/she/it/mutant and the other Angry Faggots Club members do in this forum.

You're still obsessed with money. Until you get past that, you'll never move forward. One last time, God doesn't need money, human institutions do. You want the free and easy road, to be selfish with your material belongings, and to have God give you everything without expecting anything from you. That's just not the way it works. Salvation and relationship with God are easily obtained but growth requires commitment and yes, sacrifice.

In the interest of refusing to be derailed from the purpose of the thread, this false religion has infected the church to the point where many pastors refuse to talk about sin and won't condemn it in their own congregations, or even identify it. They no longer differentiate between the faithful and the non believers, and even don't realize that there are those who are out to destroy the church from within. Church is becoming more entertainment oriented than holiness oriented.
Can I find god without giving money to a church? If the answer is no, then you're trying to scam me.

I'm talking about false churches that scam you out of money, when finding god is free.

Forum List

Back