What happens if Republicans manage to knock 20 million Americans off health care?

Medicaid.

Which is paid by ALL of us, including those who are bitching about the ACA.....

BTW, since Medicaid is government and private insurance is....well capitalism....Since when did right wingers favor more government over capitalistic practices???
medicaid is another program that is funded by tax dollar to give the mooches something for free, when does it end.

Penelope Yeah, clearly you don't know me at all honey, I've noted on here many times where I stand financially. I also stated that some taxes are fine, but forced charity is not. There is a difference.

End Obamacare and at least 20 million Americans will be knocked off health care.

Children going to college working for degrees will no longer be able to use their parents insurance while they go.

People with pre existing conditions will suddenly lose their insurance. Say your kid has some illness, too bad.

Entrepreneurs who rely on health care will suddenly be uninsured.

Very expensive Emergency Room care becomes the primary health care of those millions.

What will that do to the economy?

How will Republicans celebrate after kicking millions of Americans off health care?
Yo Rderp...its repeal.....and replace.....doh!
Trump told us the definition of "replace". It's "with something terrific".

Go to a sleazy used car place. How many times do they tell you "something terrific" or a similar phrase. They are called scams. Remember Trump U? We are going to show you how to be a millionaire. Now Trump is going to court on Nov 28th. Trump is truly a heavy duty scam artist. His base is so desperate, they will pay him for a raindance. And they are so sure, so positive, that his raindance will actually bring rain. Pitiful. Just pitiful.
America went to a sleazy car place in 2008...then went back in 2012 and trade for a worse junker. Now you want us to go to a whore house and buy from a carpet muncher. No thank you.

No one should survive at public expense. It's not your money.

Leave charity with charitable organizations.

You don't get it... if people don't have insurance anymore and have to go to the ER, they will just get a huge ER bill they can't pay. Which then means they get their credit ruined, which means then they can't buy cars and houses, which means it hurts the economy, which means health care cost go up, because health care is REQUIRED to treat people that go to the ER, and won't be getting paid for it... so that means if you do have insurance? Yeah it's going to go up regardless, along with the out of pocket costs.
because health care is REQUIRED to treat people that go to the ER,

No one is that stupid. That's a joke, right? You were saying that as satire?

Health care and health insurance are not synonymous. Pubs (the majority of) want to keep pre existing coverage and children up to 25, so why pretend those are going to disappear?

Trump's HSA plan will not work, the concept is good for those who have the money to fund the "Savings Account" but most don't.
In my experience self employed folks used these plans more than anyone else.

The poor get medicaid. We are talking about people who can afford insurance if they choose a smaller house or choose to buy a used car instead of new. I am all for expanding medicaid if necessary.

End Obamacare and at least 20 million Americans will be knocked off health care.

Children going to college working for degrees will no longer be able to use their parents insurance while they go.

People with pre existing conditions will suddenly lose their insurance. Say your kid has some illness, too bad.

Very expensive Emergency Room care becomes the primary health care of those millions.

How will Republicans celebrate after kicking millions of Americans off health care?
Too bad you guys want to ban guns, amirite? ;)

No one should survive at public expense. It's not your money.

Leave charity with charitable organizations.

You don't get it... if people don't have insurance anymore and have to go to the ER, they will just get a huge ER bill they can't pay. Which then means they get their credit ruined, which means then they can't buy cars and houses, which means it hurts the economy, which means health care cost go up, because health care is REQUIRED to treat people that go to the ER, and won't be getting paid for it... so that means if you do have insurance? Yeah it's going to go up regardless, along with the out of pocket costs.

Health care and health insurance are not synonymous. Pubs (the majority of) want to keep pre existing coverage and children up to 25, so why pretend those are going to disappear?

Trump's HSA plan will not work, the concept is good for those who have the money to fund the "Savings Account" but most don't.

The poor get medicaid. We are talking about people who can afford insurance if they choose a smaller house or choose to buy a used car instead of new. I am all for expanding medicaid if necessary.
when those choices have to be made because of the high cost of full premiums, then its wrong. Nobody should be forced to downsize their home or drive an undependable used car just because their money is being taken in order to cover those that refuse to take responsibility for their own lives

when those choices have to be made because of the high cost of full premiums, then its wrong. Nobody should be forced to downsize their home or drive an undependable used car just because their money is being taken in order to cover those that refuse to take responsibility for their own lives

You miss my point. The takers are not just losers who refuse to work, but also those who COULD pay premiums like the rest of us but choose to live at the edge of their means then have nothing left to pay for a necessity. If those people had skin in the game like the middle class does, they would be demanding a real fix so they don't have to pay so much. One of the reasons it doesn't work is because it's all free for way too many.

The 19 or 18 states that did not expand Medicaid, which they should of been made to: Not for these people.

Medicaid eligibility for adults in states that did not expand their programs is quite limited: the median income limit for parents in 2016 is just 44% of poverty, or an annual income of $8,870 a year for a family of three, and in nearly all states not expanding, childless adults remain ineligible.2 Further, because the ACA envisioned low-income people receiving coverage through Medicaid, it does not provide financial assistance to people below poverty for other coverage options. As a result, in states that do not expand Medicaid, many adults fall into a “coverage gap” of having incomes above Medicaid eligibility limits but below the lower limit for Marketplace premium tax credits (Figure 1).

The Coverage Gap: Uninsured Poor Adults in States that Do Not Expand Medicaid

Us taxpayers pay for the uninsured. No one gets turned away from er.

My point is why?

You should not be responsible for my well being and I should not be responsible for yours.

I may chose to be charitable and to help you out if you need it but I don't need the filthy ass oppressive government taking my money by force and giving it to you, do I?

The government should not ever be in the business of taking money from someone that earned it and giving it to somebody that didn't earn it, don't you agree?

Not only do we need to do away with Obamacare but we need to do away with all welfare, subsidies, entitlements and bailouts. Until we do that we will never be a prosperous and free country.

You miss my point. The takers are not just losers who refuse to work, but also those who COULD pay premiums like the rest of us but choose to live at the edge of their means then have nothing left to pay for a necessity. If those people had skin in the game like the middle class does, they would be demanding a real fix so they don't have to pay so much. One of the reasons it doesn't work is because it's all free for way too many.
but in a free society shouldnt people have a say in how the spend their money? what they buy?
If someone wants to buy a 6000 square foot home and drive a brand new corvette, then let them. If by chance those choices leave them unable to pay insurance, the tough, they dont have insurance. If they get sick and need expensive care, at that point they need to sell the car, sell the house and pay their own way.
Besides, the ACA is not going to be giving those people a subsidy just because they spent their 250,000 a year salary on homes and cars. They will still be expected to pay full price. This is where the being forced to downsize comes in to play. If they dont want insurance, then they should not have to buy it. Just dont come looking for the free care if something happens.

The 19 or 18 states that did not expand Medicaid, which they should of been made to: Not for these people.

Medicaid eligibility for adults in states that did not expand their programs is quite limited: the median income limit for parents in 2016 is just 44% of poverty, or an annual income of $8,870 a year for a family of three, and in nearly all states not expanding, childless adults remain ineligible.2 Further, because the ACA envisioned low-income people receiving coverage through Medicaid, it does not provide financial assistance to people below poverty for other coverage options. As a result, in states that do not expand Medicaid, many adults fall into a “coverage gap” of having incomes above Medicaid eligibility limits but below the lower limit for Marketplace premium tax credits (Figure 1).

The Coverage Gap: Uninsured Poor Adults in States that Do Not Expand Medicaid

That sad thing? The ACA provided Medicaid at a 100% for amount to the states for the first year. So those people could have gotten coverage without those states paying anything out of pocket.

There will albe a whole lot of American who are financially better off.

but in a free society shouldnt people have a say in how the spend their money? what they buy?
If someone wants to buy a 6000 square foot home and drive a brand new corvette, then let them. If by chance those choices leave them unable to pay insurance, the tough, they dont have insurance. If they get sick and need expensive care, at that point they need to sell the car, sell the house and pay their own way.
Besides, the ACA is not going to be giving those people a subsidy just because they spent their 250,000 a year salary on homes and cars. They will still be expected to pay full price. This is where the being forced to downsize comes in to play. If they dont want insurance, then they should not have to buy it. Just dont come looking for the free care if something happens.

Do we have to go there again? Many Americans don't want to spend their tax dollars on the most expensive military budget in the world...

TRump is going to convene a special session of congress to finally fix healthcare....so don't worry...he actually wants to fix it...not use it as a means to control the American people........

Do we have to go there again? Many Americans don't want to spend their tax dollars on the most expensive military budget in the world...

The native Americans didn't want to spend their tax beads on a real military either....and they lost the continent.......I think that is a pretty strong lesson.....

tough, allocated in the constitution.
healthcare is not. We need to get rid of the ACA and just go back to what it was. I was doing perfectly fine for my entire life without government programs to cater to my needs.

TRump is going to convene a special session of congress to finally fix healthcare....so don't worry...he actually wants to fix it...not use it as a means to control the American people........

Trump proved to me this week he is an idiot... he announced he wants to entirely cut out all funding for the search of clean energy.

https://thinkprogress.org/trump-zero-out-federal-clean-energy-56cca794790#.18xuud8p4

So do I have confidence in any of his future policies on anything? Nope, but we'll have a hell of a wall!

The native Americans didn't want to spend their tax beads on a real military either....and they lost the continent.......I think that is a pretty strong lesson.....

Hahahaha...dumb comparison. The U.S. spends as much on military defense as the next top 5 countries...combined.

Forum List

Back