What happens if Republicans manage to knock 20 million Americans off health care?

... Sorry to spam, I keep remembering stuff >.<

Also, if you get injured at work it's usually covered by workman's comp - thanks to your employer.

owebo really?? that's horseshit.

At one point, no one had health insurance and it was fine... for ages and ages it was fine. I've gone for 40+ years without health insurance.

Now I understand folks want health insurance because they are unable to save up for medical expenses. (Though I do /heavily/ question what you folks put ahead of paying for such things.) However, it is not /my/ fault that you got sick/got into an accident/had a child who needed care. I'm sorry to sound cold, but it is forced charity - and really expensive and practically useless charity at that.

Tell me, if you end up in the ER, what's you deductible on ACA? The report I linked noted $6k deductibles, do you have $6k on hand right now? Cause that's what you're going to pay before it helps you.

Look, if you want to blame someone, blame the insurance companies and the Big Pharma. Let me give you an example. I've had an ongoing problem with C-Diff. I've had it for quite a long time... doctors don't know why or how it came about, though they say it may have started when I was put on medicine when I broke my leg. Well I took several rounds of regular meds for it like Flagyll. That didn't work. So then they put me on a VERY strong antibiotic called Vancomycin... which is very expensive. Over $1,000. Not only is it strong, I had to take it 4 times per day for 14 days. Still didn't work. So then what? They put me on a drug called Dificid. Guess how much that one retails for? I take it twice a day for 10 days, so 20 tablets. Take a shot in the dark how much. $3,400!!!!! So you want to guess why rates are so fucking high... there is why.

What? Do you have any type of long time illness? Any injuries sustained from an accident that have lingering effects? I dealt with the preexisting condition thing before because of a car accident where I got injured and the other driver was under-insured. If you haven't dealt with the problem it is easy to sit back and complain. I have high blood pressure. It's a trait in my family, I couldn't really avoid it. I have a GI problem I have to get treatment for. So...if I lose my healthcare that I have now and have to switch to another? Yeah, I'm fucked. You think that's cool?

The age was raise to 26 because so many times it takes kids that long to finish their degree and get a job. Things today are different than before. You have to take more credit hours to graduate, not to mention doing most often free internships. Not to mention college based insurance was awful, unless you went to a college that had its own hospital like The Ohio State University.

That is indeed unfortunate, but what does that have to do with anyone else? By what right does the government take money out of citizens' pockets, essentially at gunpoint, to pay for YOUR misfortune? Where in the Constitution is charity listed as the venue of American government?

States that support Obamacare actually use their energy to fight the insurance companies for lower rates, and work with the government to get things to work more like they should. In Republican states, they ignore what's going on with Obamacare and how it affects their citizens, instead spending all their time reporting how horrible things are and how they can get rid of it. Stop and think about that... they never wanted it in the first place, so why would they fight to make it better

Government theft cannot be made "better".

How is forcing health insurance companies to cover health problems taking money out your pocket? WTF man, what about all the taxes I paid over the years? You guys kill me with the selfish fallacy that you are the only ones that have ever paid taxes.

Where do you think the subsidies come from?

Ok, let me give you a counter-argument. Where do you live? It is relevant.

What? Do you have any type of long time illness? Any injuries sustained from an accident that have lingering effects? I dealt with the preexisting condition thing before because of a car accident where I got injured and the other driver was under-insured. If you haven't dealt with the problem it is easy to sit back and complain. I have high blood pressure. It's a trait in my family, I couldn't really avoid it. I have a GI problem I have to get treatment for. So...if I lose my healthcare that I have now and have to switch to another? Yeah, I'm fucked. You think that's cool?

The age was raise to 26 because so many times it takes kids that long to finish their degree and get a job. Things today are different than before. You have to take more credit hours to graduate, not to mention doing most often free internships. Not to mention college based insurance was awful, unless you went to a college that had its own hospital like The Ohio State University.

That is indeed unfortunate, but what does that have to do with anyone else? By what right does the government take money out of citizens' pockets, essentially at gunpoint, to pay for YOUR misfortune? Where in the Constitution is charity listed as the venue of American government?

States that support Obamacare actually use their energy to fight the insurance companies for lower rates, and work with the government to get things to work more like they should. In Republican states, they ignore what's going on with Obamacare and how it affects their citizens, instead spending all their time reporting how horrible things are and how they can get rid of it. Stop and think about that... they never wanted it in the first place, so why would they fight to make it better

How is forcing health insurance companies to cover health problems taking money out your pocket? WTF man, what about all the taxes I paid over the years? You guys kill me with the selfish fallacy that you are the only ones that have ever paid taxes.

First, answer the question.

First, answer the question.

I know where they come from. They come from taxes in the government, some of which comes from the tax penalty on people that don't have insurance.

Also, if it's a car accident, there's medical insurance included with most policies (unless that's changed for other companies - we have USAA because my husband is a Vet)

The most you have on car medical is about 5K which if serious enough, doesn't pay very much of the hospital bill. Maybe it's enough to pay for the ER visit and a few tests, but the rest you're on your own.

End Obamacare and at least 20 million Americans will be knocked off health care.

Children going to college working for degrees will no longer be able to use their parents insurance while they go.

People with pre existing conditions will suddenly lose their insurance. Say your kid has some illness, too bad.

Entrepreneurs who rely on health care will suddenly be uninsured.

Very expensive Emergency Room care becomes the primary health care of those millions.

What will that do to the economy?

How will Republicans celebrate after kicking millions of Americans off health care?
Insurance rates have gone up with obiecare, way up in many cases. How does it get worse? Yes, it's too bad if government can't make your neighbor care for your expenses. That's what it's like in adultworld. Sorry if that scares you.

What scares me is more and more people being turned into government livestock.

Oh and Trump does talk about replacing obiecare, not just getting rid of it. When you have something not working as bad as that is you redo it.

(I do apologize for not quoting - Firefox just won't do it on this site)

Lewdog. Again, when did I give you this c-diff? I don't believe we've ever met.

My family is "penalized" $1,395 (thank effin god we're retired now) because /you/ have something I had nothing to do with. It's called forced charity and I disagree with it.

owebo - to take away the cash transactions part

@ Ray from Cleveland - and the $6k deductible on ACA is paid by whom?

End Obamacare and at least 20 million Americans will be knocked off health care.

Children going to college working for degrees will no longer be able to use their parents insurance while they go.

People with pre existing conditions will suddenly lose their insurance. Say your kid has some illness, too bad.

Very expensive Emergency Room care becomes the primary health care of those millions.

How will Republicans celebrate after kicking millions of Americans off health care?
I think there are legitimate problems with ObamaCare, but they are fixable. Scrapping the law completely is a terrible idea. What republicans are too dumb to understand is that healthcare is not going to get cheaper if the law is scrapped. Big Pharma will do nothing to make their products more affordable.
Big Pharma is not the issue.

The disproportionate ratio of sick vs healthy patients signing up is the problem.

You can't support something only takers are bleeding dry. Someone has to pay the expenses and those people aren't signing up.
Ok so let me just ask you the most obvious question. Do you think our healthcare system was good before ObamaCare?
Yes. It was more affordable.
Prove it.

Insurance rates have gone up with obiecare, way up in many cases. How does it get worse? Yes, it's too bad if government can't make your neighbor care for your expenses. That's what it's like in adultworld. Sorry if that scares you.

Oh and Trump does talk about replacing obiecare, not just getting rid of it. When you have something not working as bad as that is you redo it.
Prove it.

I think there are legitimate problems with ObamaCare, but they are fixable. Scrapping the law completely is a terrible idea. What republicans are too dumb to understand is that healthcare is not going to get cheaper if the law is scrapped. Big Pharma will do nothing to make their products more affordable.
Healthcare would go way down if government got out of it, the red tape is an enormous burden. Also malpractice suits need to be dialed way down, modern medicine practices legal defense first and foremost, health second. That adds a lot of expenses since they run every conceivable test to cover their butts.

Also, if it's a car accident, there's medical insurance included with most policies (unless that's changed for other companies - we have USAA because my husband is a Vet)

The most you have on car medical is about 5K which if serious enough, doesn't pay very much of the hospital bill. Maybe it's enough to pay for the ER visit and a few tests, but the rest you're on your own.

Not to mention if you have to be care flighted or ride in an ambulance. Plus the bill from the fire department.

Prove it.
Prove your head is crammed up your ass? Read the thread!

Prove obiecare works. That's right, you can't.

On the ER visit thing. My husband hit a moose on the highway and broke his neck a couple years back. We have no health insurance, they treated him in the ER no problem. They also offered us a payment plan to pay of the bill. (We had cash of course) Do they not offer the same at other hospitals?

Some places yes and some no. Depends where you go.

Because of Commie Care, my employer dropped our coverage as well, so I went without. I'm a patient at the Cleveland Clinic, and you can't even go to their waiting room to buy a cup of coffee unless you show them money first.

There are plans for low income people, but you have to make less than 4X the poverty level. Depending on how close you are to the poverty level determines how much help they will give you. If your bill is fifty bucks or fifty thousand, they only give you three months for full payment before they send it to a collection agency.

Three things would do wonders to help lower insurance costs. Let policies be sold across state lines. Tort reform, taking attorneys out of medical care and stopping the practice of doctor care for trivial complaints. Now you have affordable medical care.

Countries that have universal medical care do not have attorneys chasing medical malpractice claims.
So you live in California and buy a policy in New York and the insurance company in New York fucks you over. What do you do? You live three thousand miles away under different State laws.

I'll tell you what you do. You bend over and spread.

Did that really have to be explained?

(I do apologize for not quoting - Firefox just won't do it on this site)

Lewdog. Again, when did I give you this c-diff? I don't believe we've ever met.

My family is "penalized" $1,395 (thank effin god we're retired now) because /you/ have something I had nothing to do with. It's called forced charity and I disagree with it.

owebo - to take away the cash transactions part

@ Ray from Cleveland - and the $6k deductible on ACA is paid by whom?
Really? You need to pay really closer fucking attention EverCurious .....America depends on it.....

Yes, banning cash transactions was a part of the early Bill...so was the death panel, and that did survive.....

What will happen if the PPACA continues to force Americans into purchasing coverage?

If you are sofa king stupid not to have health insurance, then there is no sense in arguing with you. Who do you think pays when asshats like you get a heart attack & runs up a $400k bill that you can't pay.

Man up.

More and more, it seems like health care is like the jobs thing with these right wingers.

They want high paying jobs that require no skills and no education. And they believe Donald Trump is going to give it to them with the same belief that tells them the earth is 6 thousand years old and man was shimmered into being from a pile of dirt.

At one point, no one had health insurance and it was fine... for ages and ages it was fine. I've gone for 40+ years without health insurance.

Now I understand folks want health insurance because they are unable to save up for medical expenses. (Though I do /heavily/ question what you folks put ahead of paying for such things.) However, it is not /my/ fault that you got sick/got into an accident/had a child who needed care. I'm sorry to sound cold, but it is forced charity - and really expensive and practically useless charity at that.

Tell me, if you end up in the ER, what's you deductible on ACA? The report I linked noted $6k deductibles, do you have $6k on hand right now? Cause that's what you're going to pay before it helps you.

Look, if you want to blame someone, blame the insurance companies and the Big Pharma. Let me give you an example. I've had an ongoing problem with C-Diff. I've had it for quite a long time... doctors don't know why or how it came about, though they say it may have started when I was put on medicine when I broke my leg. Well I took several rounds of regular meds for it like Flagyll. That didn't work. So then they put me on a VERY strong antibiotic called Vancomycin... which is very expensive. Over $1,000. Not only is it strong, I had to take it 4 times per day for 14 days. Still didn't work. So then what? They put me on a drug called Dificid. Guess how much that one retails for? I take it twice a day for 10 days, so 20 tablets. Take a shot in the dark how much. $3,400!!!!! So you want to guess why rates are so fucking high... there is why.
very heartwarming story, thank you.
Now, if you show how I or anyone else should be responsible for covering the cost of your medical treatments, I would be really happy to consider this.
What we need to know is, what value do you serve us? why is your life important enough to anyone here for us to spend money keeping you alive?
Let me give you a bit of a hint. There is nobody on this forum that would suffer any consequences if I died right now this very moment. I am of no value to any of you here. And as such, I fail to see how I could justify you being forced to maintain my health.
But, go ahead and tell us what wonderful things you do that nobody but you can do. Justify our expense of paying your health care costs.

Forum List

Back