What human cost is acceptable in controling illegal immigration?

Status
Not open for further replies.
If they ask a temp worker to work more hours or come in on Saturday and they refuse because they need to keep their income down to continue receiving full benefits from food stamps, those people are not even considered for a full-time job offer. They only give those offers to people who have the mindset of getting ahead in life--not just getting by. It's really a shame what some people do to themselves just to stay on government programs and go nowhere for the rest of their life.

Here's the thing.. they can get health insurance through a government program.

"Work harder for less benefits? That's brilliant!!!" said no one ever.

You're a good man, Ray. No matter what happens, you keep a good attitude and you keep swinging. That's what it takes.

And that's what leftists don't have which is why they'd rather get a cell upgrade from government instead of living the life of a free man like you and me

When you work for a turdbag who screws you at every opportunity. that's hardly "Freedom".

Freedom is an equal playing field.

The person they mentioned in the article was a wife beater. Not a threat? You be the wife

A domestic misdemeanor from 18 years ago? Really?

Well, fuck him, he's brown... lock him up.

You're a good man, Ray. No matter what happens, you keep a good attitude and you keep swinging. That's what it takes.

And that's what leftists don't have which is why they'd rather get a cell upgrade from government instead of living the life of a free man like you and me

When you work for a turdbag who screws you at every opportunity. that's hardly "Freedom".

Freedom is an equal playing field.

In fairness, Hitler, his employee was a turdbag with no loyalty and a bad attitude

In fairness, his employee was a turdbag with no loyalty and a bad attitude

Wouldn't know. Rarely saw that.

Saw a young lady fired because the boss found out she was gay.

Saw another young lady fired because she got pregnant.

Saw another woman fired so the boss could hire his drinking buddy.

In fairness, his employee was a turdbag with no loyalty and a bad attitude

Wouldn't know. Rarely saw that.

Saw a young lady fired because the boss found out she was gay.

Saw another young lady fired because she got pregnant.

Saw another woman fired so the boss could hire his drinking buddy.

You just make it up as you go Hitler. Remember you said you could look at Mexicans and just tell which ones were legal and which ones were illegal? Why would anyone believe a liar, Adolph

If they ask a temp worker to work more hours or come in on Saturday and they refuse because they need to keep their income down to continue receiving full benefits from food stamps, those people are not even considered for a full-time job offer. They only give those offers to people who have the mindset of getting ahead in life--not just getting by. It's really a shame what some people do to themselves just to stay on government programs and go nowhere for the rest of their life.

Here's the thing.. they can get health insurance through a government program.

"Work harder for less benefits? That's brilliant!!!" said no one ever.

Who said for no benefits? Sure, they can get government insurance cheap. That's how the Communists designed the plan. Get cheap insurance for their voters, and F the Republican voters by setting their prices too high to afford it. That's what's wrong with putting control freaks in power.

The problem is they think they're free because living under government control is all many of them know. Work 20 hours a week or less, have four or five kids that you can't afford to have, get a HUD house in the suburbs and ruin the neighborhood, eat like a pig so you're too fat to do anything with your life even if you wanted to. That's freedom to some people.

• Thanks
Reactions: kaz
A better question is what countries don't make ballots available in multiple languages since most countries are multilingual. For example half the people in Europe are bilingual compared to 20% in the US. In Europe 38% speak 3 languages or more. I know the UK makes ballots available in 5 languages and most countries in Europe will provide translations of their ballots in all the major languages.

Most of communities in the US do not provide multilingual ballots. The Voters Act requires that a community with a certain percent of voters that speak a foreign language must be provide ballots in that language. There are about 280 communities in 23 states that meet that requirement.

Practically all voters in the US speak English. However people almost always have better comprehension in their native language. So to have the best informed voters, we make ballots available in different languages.

Or we could not allow them to vote (or be here) if they don't speak our language. Again, an assimilation problem.

I live in a mostly black and partially white community, yet they had three different ballots to choose from. So I doubt it has anything to do with percentages, and everything to do with foreigners making demands of our country that we bend over and accommodate. And how much is that costing the taxpayers to have those ballots designed and printed out? Probably most of them get thrown away anyhow.
To vote they have to be a citizen and that requires them to pass an English proficiency test.

A number of states go beyond the Voter Act requirements for the reason I mention. Having informed voters is a goal of every state.

I doubt the cost is very high for providing a translated ballot. If they don't provide translated ballots, voters with English as a second language tend to vote for candidates and skip the proposals because they are more difficult to read and understand.

Well maybe if it's that difficult, they shouldn't be voting. What kind of proficiency test is it where they can pass and still not able to read a ballot?

I know you're kind of sticking up for them, but this is one of many reasons I'm a closed border guy; at least until the people here can understand and speak the language.
Of course they can read English. We provide ballots and supporting information in the native language because the voter's comprehension is better in one's native language.

Not sure what your ballot looks like but mine always contains propositions which are discussed in detail with accompanying information.

To provide ballots in English only would accomplish nothing other than having less informed voters voting on important ballot issues such tax proposals, infrastructure and schools.

Trust me, I see voting results. No matter what language used, people don't understand important issues they are voting on.
All the state can due is provide the information in the easiest readable form. If voters ignore it, there's not much can done about it. I always tell people to ignore any proposal on the ballot that they don't understand. Unfortunately, most voters vote for people they have never heard of and proposals they don't understand.

The problem is they think they're free because living under government control is all many of them know. Work 20 hours a week or less, have four or five kids that you can't afford to have, get a HUD house in the suburbs and ruin the neighborhood, eat like a pig so you're too fat to do anything with your life even if you wanted to. That's freedom to some people.

What government gives, government can take away. And they want a government which is petty and spiteful. They can lose control of that just like they're losing control of the supreme court

What government gives, government can take away. And they want a government which is petty and spiteful. They can lose control of that just like they're losing control of the supreme court

In 1980 at the age of 20, I got my first apartment in the fall. As an animal lover, I was fascinated with birds, so one of the first things I did was hang a bird feeder on my upstairs back porch. I would sit in my bedroom watching them from my window for hours.

Spring came along and I got to meet my elderly neighbor. After some small talk, he said "You know Ray, what you're doing for the birds is a nice gesture. But you may be doing them more harm than good. You see, feeding them in the winter is a good thing because food is scarce. But if you leave that feeder out year long, the birds will forget how to obtain food on their own. If you move or get bored feeding the birds, they will likely parish."

I never forgot the lesson the old man gave me; not because of the birds, but because as I grew older, I realized this is what our government does for people; leave the feeder up year long.

If we ever had a financial collapse in this country (and yes, it could happen) what would happen to all these people who depend on government when these programs have to stop? How would they feed themselves, their family?

Or we could not allow them to vote (or be here) if they don't speak our language. Again, an assimilation problem.

I live in a mostly black and partially white community, yet they had three different ballots to choose from. So I doubt it has anything to do with percentages, and everything to do with foreigners making demands of our country that we bend over and accommodate. And how much is that costing the taxpayers to have those ballots designed and printed out? Probably most of them get thrown away anyhow.
To vote they have to be a citizen and that requires them to pass an English proficiency test.

A number of states go beyond the Voter Act requirements for the reason I mention. Having informed voters is a goal of every state.

I doubt the cost is very high for providing a translated ballot. If they don't provide translated ballots, voters with English as a second language tend to vote for candidates and skip the proposals because they are more difficult to read and understand.

Well maybe if it's that difficult, they shouldn't be voting. What kind of proficiency test is it where they can pass and still not able to read a ballot?

I know you're kind of sticking up for them, but this is one of many reasons I'm a closed border guy; at least until the people here can understand and speak the language.
Of course they can read English. We provide ballots and supporting information in the native language because the voter's comprehension is better in one's native language.

Not sure what your ballot looks like but mine always contains propositions which are discussed in detail with accompanying information.

To provide ballots in English only would accomplish nothing other than having less informed voters voting on important ballot issues such tax proposals, infrastructure and schools.

Trust me, I see voting results. No matter what language used, people don't understand important issues they are voting on.
All the state can due is provide the information in the easiest readable form. If voters ignore it, there's not much can done about it. I always tell people to ignore any proposal on the ballot that they don't understand. Unfortunately, most voters vote for people they have never heard of and proposals they don't understand.

Then maybe foreigners who do not totally understand our ballots in English should do the same: if they can't understand it, don't vote on it.

In 1980 at the age of 20, I got my first apartment in the fall. As an animal lover, I was fascinated with birds, so one of the first things I did was hang a bird feeder on my upstairs back porch. I would sit in my bedroom watching them from my window for hours.

Spring came along and I got to meet my elderly neighbor. After some small talk, he said "You know Ray, what you're doing for the birds is a nice gesture. But you may be doing them more harm than good. You see, feeding them in the winter is a good thing because food is scarce. But if you leave that feeder out year long, the birds will forget how to obtain food on their own. If you move or get bored feeding the birds, they will likely parish."

I never forgot the lesson the old man gave me; not because of the birds, but because as I grew older, I realized this is what our government does for people; leave the feeder up year long.

If we ever had a financial collapse in this country (and yes, it could happen) what would happen to all these people who depend on government when these programs have to stop? How would they feed themselves, their family?
The rich always get bailed out and get to keep their multimillion dollar bonuses.

Who says it's going to stop, feeding the birds or feeding the people but I get your point. The key is moderation. You don't want to feed the birds so much that they stop hunting or people for that matter.

However, let me remind you of the differences between people and birds. Birds have only 3 goals in life, eat, keep from being eaten, and reproduce. Humans are far more complex and have goals more complex goals than birds such as building wealth, gaining the respect of others, and providing a better life for their children for starters.

Then maybe foreigners who do not totally understand our ballots in English should do the same: if they can't understand it, don't vote on it.
However, they are US citizens, not foreigners and voting is their responsibility and right so don't we want them to have the best understanding possible of the issues they are voting on? Knowledgeable voting is one of the best ways of assimilation in a society.

Last edited:

However, they are US citizens, not foreigners and voting is their responsibility and right so don't we want them to have the best understanding possible of the issues they are voting on.

Well if we're going to go down that road, what do you say about drawing big color pictures on the ballots and Big Bird videos explaining what issues actually mean to Americans who don't understand them?

If you don't understand WTF is gong on when voting, then don't vote is all. We can't pander to everybody who doesn't understand issues, taxation or policies.

And we all know that's all you have are insults and not a cogent argument. I would post links for you, but you never want to learn anything so you won't read them.

Naw, nothing to learn from your links to Stormfront, buddy.

The reality is, Mexican immigrants are just like every other immigrant group. They come here, they work hard and they take the jobs Americans don't want to do.

Just like the Poles did 50 years ago
The Germans and Italians did 100 years ago
The Irish did 150 years ago.
They lower wages so that Americans on the bottom can't afford to pay rent.
They collect welfare, through their anchor babies, costing our government money that should be reserved for Americans.
They take slots in Universities, that should be reserved to Citizens.
They use resources in Medical Centers and then don't pay their bills, sticking it to the Americans citizens to pay it for them.
Nobody gives a fuck about their race.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back