What human cost is acceptable in controling illegal immigration?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here in Oregon, I would rather meet up with an immigrant in the woods than a federal goon..the Bundys felt the same and for the same reasons. Immigrants feel the same about us.

You know how you know joeb and the pigs like him are anti-American marxists? They encourage people to fight ICE...but they think people who fight any federal goon in the rural areas should be shot.

Never said anything about loving the country either. But we are a country of laws, and our laws tell us exactly what the situation of foreigners coming to this country are. It's you on the left that wish to ignore those laws.

Because we recognize those laws are impractical. There are a lot of stupid laws on the books that people ignore every day. Or if they get caught breaking them, it just isn't a big deal.

This isn't a big deal.

Yes, because Ill is such a paradise.

Compared to OH, it's wonderful.

As a member of the Party of Excuses, your talk about what happened nearly 200 years ago is nothing more than that--an excuse. 200 years ago and more is when people were making claims to land be it found or fought for. Those days are long gone and the boundaries have been set for generations. Now it's time to work with them.

first, you kind of suck at math.

second, and I know you don't get this... is that borders and cultures change all the time. If we got a Blue Box and dropped your ass back in 1776, you would not fit in.

But then again, if the GOP didn't use race to keep dumb people like you voting against your own economic interests, they'd never win an election.
To say our immigration laws are impractical is an understatement. They are absurd. Why should it take a person form India up to 100 years to get a work permit and someone from Thailand, only a of couple years? Why can't an H2-B visa holder start a business? Why is a sponsor needed to immigrate when the government does nothing when the sponsor does not fulfill their obligation? Under current laws, Immigration and Customs can't determine if a Visa holder is actually living in the US. The current law does not require a visa holder in the US to notify ICE of their address. The federal government spent tens of millions of dollars developing the E-Verify system but the law doesn't require it's use. ICE spends over 10 times as much money deporting people as it does selecting them for permanent residence and citizenship.

Our immigration courts are a mess because there're no laws backing up most of the regulations. Children as young as 3 or 4 years old are sometimes required to defend themselves in court. Immigrants show up for hearings not speaking English well enough to plead their case and since the court doesn't provide interpreters the hearing is reschedule. A backlog of over 250,000 cases means waits for hearings can be as long as 6 mos or even up to a year. Most hearing are about requests for delaying departure. The long waits for hearings often result in no shows by the petitioners because they have already left the country. However since the court has no way of knowing that since ICE doesn't track departures the court issues an order of appearance or detention. And so it goes..

600,000 new immigrants (about .18% of the population) each year becoming citizens is not a lot and they're not getting control of the government. Only 20% of naturalized Americans are coming from Latin America.

You lost the nation long ago to immigrants because most all of us are immigrants, 1st, 2nd, or 3rd generation.

Yes we are, but we don't need immigrants any longer. They are causing more problems for this country than we can handle. I don't care what the percentage is. But since you're so good at math, what percentage of our population where the 15 hijackers that were responsible for 911?
Legal immigrants to the US are better educated, and more likely to start new businesses than native born Americans. They tend to be risk takers and are far more likely to make the sacrifices needed to live the American dream than native born Americans.

In America, we seem to forget just how lucky we are to be born in a country where we are free to do whatever we choose with our lives. Immigrants remind us of just how lucky we are and how we fail to take advantage of our freedoms. Maybe that's why so many of us resent immigrants.

The day we stop immigration, is the day American goes into a downward spiral and become a second rate nation. It is new blood and new ideas that make America great.
Nobody is interested in stopping immigration.
Ray seems to be.

In many discussions on immigration, I have found that most people that feel very strongly about illegal immigration feel exactly the same about legal immigration. They simply don't won't foreigners in the country, polluting our culture with other languages, customs, and ideas.

And let's not forget taking our jobs, keeping wages down for the jobs they didn't take, and the crime they bring with them.
Contrary to popular beliefs, legal immigrants on balance create jobs because half of the fastest growing startups in the country which now employ millions, owe their existence to immigrants. For example here are just a few of the thousands of large businesses founded by immigrants. :
Tesla
Employees 37,000

Pfizer
Employees 116,000

Panda Express
Employees 24,000

Zumba Fitness
Employees 18,000

Capital One Banking and Financial Services
Employees 45,000

Ebay
Employees 11,000

Intel
Employs 107,000

Google
Employees 58,000

SpaceX
Employees 18,000

Kohl's
Employees 140,000

Yahoo
Employees 11,000

It's estimated that there are over 1 million small business founded by immigrants with less than 50 employees employing over 10 million employees. It's estimated that the 20 million immigrants over the last 18 years are responsible for over 30 million jobs.

Does Immigration Create Jobs?
From Tesla to Pfizer: 14 major US companies founded by immigrants

Yes we are, but we don't need immigrants any longer. They are causing more problems for this country than we can handle. I don't care what the percentage is. But since you're so good at math, what percentage of our population where the 15 hijackers that were responsible for 911?
Legal immigrants to the US are better educated, and more likely to start new businesses than native born Americans. They tend to be risk takers and are far more likely to make the sacrifices needed to live the American dream than native born Americans.

In America, we seem to forget just how lucky we are to be born in a country where we are free to do whatever we choose with our lives. Immigrants remind us of just how lucky we are and how we fail to take advantage of our freedoms. Maybe that's why so many of us resent immigrants.

The day we stop immigration, is the day American goes into a downward spiral and become a second rate nation. It is new blood and new ideas that make America great.
Ray seems to be.

In many discussions on immigration, I have found that most people that feel very strongly about illegal immigration feel exactly the same about legal immigration. They simply don't won't foreigners in the country, polluting our culture with other languages, customs, and ideas.

And let's not forget taking our jobs, keeping wages down for the jobs they didn't take, and the crime they bring with them.
Contrary to popular beliefs, legal immigrants on balance create jobs because half of the fastest growing startups in the country which now employ millions, owe their existence to immigrants. For example here are just a few of the thousands of large businesses founded by immigrants. :
Tesla
Employees 37,000

Pfizer
Employees 116,000

Panda Express
Employees 24,000

Zumba Fitness
Employees 18,000

Employees 45,000

Ebay
Employees 11,000

Intel
Employs 107,000

Google
Employees 58,000

SpaceX
Employees 18,000

Kohl's
Employees 140,000

Yahoo
Employees 11,000

It's estimated that there are over 1 million small business founded by immigrants with less than 50 employees employing over 10 million employees. It's estimated that the 20 million immigrants over the last 18 years are responsible for over 30 million jobs.

I don't know if you have a point here or not. We'd be just fine with American innovation. Now if you like, I can post all the problems immigration has caused us as well. Theft, rape, murder, the billions of dollars it takes to give these people medical care, social services for their anchor babies, destruction of property and neighborhoods.

Ray seems to be.

Tesla
Employees 37,000

Pfizer
Employees 116,000

Panda Express
Employees 24,000

Zumba Fitness
Employees 18,000

Employees 45,000

Ebay
Employees 11,000

Intel
Employs 107,000

Google
Employees 58,000

SpaceX
Employees 18,000

Kohl's
Employees 140,000

Yahoo
Employees 11,000

I don't know if you have a point here or not. We'd be just fine with American innovation. Now if you like, I can post all the problems immigration has caused us as well. Theft, rape, murder, the billions of dollars it takes to give these people medical care, social services for their anchor babies, destruction of property and neighborhoods.
And I can respond with proof to the contrary that legal immigrants commit less crimes than native born citizens. It's not worth the time.

Ray seems to be.

Tesla
Employees 37,000

Pfizer
Employees 116,000

Panda Express
Employees 24,000

Zumba Fitness
Employees 18,000

Employees 45,000

Ebay
Employees 11,000

Intel
Employs 107,000

Google
Employees 58,000

SpaceX
Employees 18,000

Kohl's
Employees 140,000

Yahoo
Employees 11,000

And I can respond with proof to the contrary that legal immigrants commit less crimes than native born citizens. It's not worth the time.
There are about 1/30th of them thus it is Extremely Obvious that non illegals would commit way more crime total numbers

Last edited:
Ray seems to be.

Tesla
Employees 37,000

Pfizer
Employees 116,000

Panda Express
Employees 24,000

Zumba Fitness
Employees 18,000

Employees 45,000

Ebay
Employees 11,000

Intel
Employs 107,000

Google
Employees 58,000

SpaceX
Employees 18,000

Kohl's
Employees 140,000

Yahoo
Employees 11,000

There are about 1/30th of them thus it is Extremely Obvious that non illegals would commit way more crime total numbers
Actually, I was referring crime rates not total numbers of legal immigrants and native born citizens.

Here in Oregon, I would rather meet up with an immigrant in the woods than a federal goon..the Bundys felt the same and for the same reasons. Immigrants feel the same about us.

You know how you know joeb and the pigs like him are anti-American marxists? They encourage people to fight ICE...but they think people who fight any federal goon in the rural areas should be shot.

I think anyone who shoots at a federal agent should be shot.

But never mind that, peacefully resisting ICE and its oversteps is just like these assholes seizing federal property and shooting at federal agents.

But again- Getting off topic. Let's not do that.

[
To say our immigration laws are impractical is an understatement. They are absurd. Why should it take a person form India up to 100 years to get a work permit and someone from Thailand, only a of couple years? Why can't an H2-B visa holder start a business? Why is a sponsor needed to immigrate when the government does nothing when the sponsor does not fulfill their obligation? Under current laws, Immigration and Customs can't determine if a Visa holder is actually living in the US. The current law does not require a visa holder in the US to notify ICE of their address. The federal government spent tens of millions of dollars developing the E-Verify system but the law doesn't require it's use. ICE spends over 10 times as much money deporting people as it does selecting them for permanent residence and citizenship.

Our immigration courts are a mess because there're no laws backing up most of the regulations. Children as young as 3 or 4 years old are sometimes required to defend themselves in court. Immigrants show up for hearings not speaking English well enough to plead their case and since the court doesn't provide interpreters the hearing is reschedule. A backlog of over 250,000 cases means waits for hearings can be as long as 6 mos or even up to a year. Most hearing are about requests for delaying departure. The long waits for hearings often result in no shows by the petitioners because they have already left the country. However since the court has no way of knowing that since ICE doesn't track departures the court issues an order of appearance or detention. And so it goes..

All well said. And it gets worse. Because ICE doesn't have facilities to hold the undocumented immigrants, they have to rely on local jails to hold them. Except those agencies more often than not don't have the room or the budgets, and their facilities are not set up to hold women and children.

Ray seems to be.

Tesla
Employees 37,000

Pfizer
Employees 116,000

Panda Express
Employees 24,000

Zumba Fitness
Employees 18,000

Employees 45,000

Ebay
Employees 11,000

Intel
Employs 107,000

Google
Employees 58,000

SpaceX
Employees 18,000

Kohl's
Employees 140,000

Yahoo
Employees 11,000

According to FactCheck, there is no accurate data that separates legal from illegal.

Steve King on 'Criminal Aliens' - FactCheck.org

Ray seems to be.

Tesla
Employees 37,000

Pfizer
Employees 116,000

Panda Express
Employees 24,000

Zumba Fitness
Employees 18,000

Employees 45,000

Ebay
Employees 11,000

Intel
Employs 107,000

Google
Employees 58,000

SpaceX
Employees 18,000

Kohl's
Employees 140,000

Yahoo
Employees 11,000

Doesn't exist.

Jeff Sessions and Donald Trump:
"If you are smuggling a child then we will prosecute you, and that child will be separated from you as required by law," Attorney General Jeff Sessions said Monday at a law enforcement conference in Scottsdale, Arizona. "If you don't like that, then don't smuggle children over our border."

Administration officials explained that the goal of the program is 100 percent prosecution of all who enter the U.S. illegally. When adults are prosecuted and jailed, their children will be separated from them, just as would happen for a U.S. citizen convicted and jailed.

Anguish at Southwest border as more immigrant children are separated from parents
The Trump administration's willingness to take children from their parents has raised concerns about how far authorities should go to stem unauthorized border crossings and what human cost is acceptable in the name of border security and immigration control.

"There is something terrible happening here that Americans would not support if they understood it," said F. Scott McCown, director of the Children’s Rights Clinic at the University of Texas at Austin School of Law.

I don't care how much you hate illegal immigrants this is EVIL. You are punishing the children. It's abhorrant and wrong and inexcusable. I hope they rot in hell for this. 700 children so far have been seperated from the only family they know and lost to our often incompetent and mismanaged child care system. I fail to see how any parent could support actions like these.

When parents are held for prosecution, their children are turned over to the Office of Refugee Resettlement, part of the Department of Health and Human Services. The children are then designated as "unaccompanied minors," and the government tries to connect them to family members who are already in the U.S. Until then, children wait in shelters or are sent to federally contracted foster homes, often without parents being told exactly where they are, immigration advocates said.

It may soon become even more difficult to place children with relatives. The Department of Homeland Security is proposing immigration checks be done on all people in a household who may take in these "unaccompanied" children, which means relatives who are undocumented may be less likely to come forward.

In the meantime, space in shelters and foster homes is limited; The Washington Post reported the administration plans to open facilities at military bases to house some of the separated children.

What human cost is acceptable for illegal immigrants?

I live with illegal aliens from Mexico. Mexicans could use massive birth control, first of all, that might be a solution. We have this neanderthal cave man third world overpopulated crap hole right next door. Mexico. Were I live was originally part of the Louisiana purchase,
a thousand miles from Mexico. It wasn't 'stolen' from Mexico. (Being that Mexico was a colony created by a European power, I am like SO?) Mexican invaders come here without due process of immigration law, ignore the preexisting culture, and won't a climate. Now that's a real head scratcher, why Americans don't like these creeps. It must be racism. That's it! It can't possibly be because nobody likes being disrespected and treated like trash. Could it be that simple?

Last edited:
Jeff Sessions and Donald Trump:
"If you are smuggling a child then we will prosecute you, and that child will be separated from you as required by law," Attorney General Jeff Sessions said Monday at a law enforcement conference in Scottsdale, Arizona. "If you don't like that, then don't smuggle children over our border."

Administration officials explained that the goal of the program is 100 percent prosecution of all who enter the U.S. illegally. When adults are prosecuted and jailed, their children will be separated from them, just as would happen for a U.S. citizen convicted and jailed.

Anguish at Southwest border as more immigrant children are separated from parents
The Trump administration's willingness to take children from their parents has raised concerns about how far authorities should go to stem unauthorized border crossings and what human cost is acceptable in the name of border security and immigration control.

"There is something terrible happening here that Americans would not support if they understood it," said F. Scott McCown, director of the Children’s Rights Clinic at the University of Texas at Austin School of Law.

I don't care how much you hate illegal immigrants this is EVIL. You are punishing the children. It's abhorrant and wrong and inexcusable. I hope they rot in hell for this. 700 children so far have been seperated from the only family they know and lost to our often incompetent and mismanaged child care system. I fail to see how any parent could support actions like these.

When parents are held for prosecution, their children are turned over to the Office of Refugee Resettlement, part of the Department of Health and Human Services. The children are then designated as "unaccompanied minors," and the government tries to connect them to family members who are already in the U.S. Until then, children wait in shelters or are sent to federally contracted foster homes, often without parents being told exactly where they are, immigration advocates said.

It may soon become even more difficult to place children with relatives. The Department of Homeland Security is proposing immigration checks be done on all people in a household who may take in these "unaccompanied" children, which means relatives who are undocumented may be less likely to come forward.

In the meantime, space in shelters and foster homes is limited; The Washington Post reported the administration plans to open facilities at military bases to house some of the separated children.

What human cost is acceptable for illegal immigrants?
If the cost of staying in place is greater than the cost of fleeing.

I live with illegal aliens from Mexico. Mexicans could use massive birth control, first of all, that might be a solution. We have this neanderthal cave man third world overpopulated crap hole right next door. Mexico. Were I live was originally part of the Louisiana purchase,
a thousand miles from Mexico. It wasn't 'stolen' from Mexico. (Being that Mexico was a colony created by a European power, I am like SO?) Mexican invaders come here without due process of immigration law, ignore the preexisting culture, and won't a climate. Now that's a real head scratcher, why Americans don't like these creeps. It must be racism. That's it! It can't possibly be because nobody likes being disrespected and treated like trash. Could it be that simple?
A lot of them are not Mexican.

A lot of them are not Mexican.
Hmm. The majority was from Latin America countries. Who gave them this idea they could ignore American immigration laws? Like I said before: Most Europeans that immigrate here have to pay lawyers and get visas and prove they don't have communicable diseases like aids or Ebola and stuff. Mexican illegals, well they are held to a different standard. They even get sanctuary from such scrutiny other immigrants were held to. Isn't that great? ( that is me being sarcastic)

Ray seems to be.

Tesla
Employees 37,000

Pfizer
Employees 116,000

Panda Express
Employees 24,000

Zumba Fitness
Employees 18,000

Employees 45,000

Ebay
Employees 11,000

Intel
Employs 107,000

Google
Employees 58,000

SpaceX
Employees 18,000

Kohl's
Employees 140,000

Yahoo
Employees 11,000

According to FactCheck, there is no accurate data that separates legal from illegal.

Steve King on 'Criminal Aliens' - FactCheck.org
Since people that are in the country illegally are undocumented and not about to declare themselves as such, you are correct there are no accurate statistics as to their numbers or activities. However, there are some pretty good estimates from census data. We also have fairly good data on the number of people overstaying visas but again it is an estimate. We have excellent data on legal immigrants.

If the cost of staying in place is greater than the cost of fleeing.

So being separated for a while is better than the violence and possible death they faced at home. I will have to chalk the outrage up to faux then.

Then why doesn't he go to Thailand?
Would you immigrate to Thailand and give up your US citizenship to work in another country. It think not.

What he will probably do is return to India and setup his company there since his backers have agreed to fund him wherever he decides to go. I just hate to see our nation lose someone that talented.

And I hate to lose a nation because we are inviting so many immigrants here who are changing our language, culture and politics.

Sorry, but I don't want to see us as a single-party government forever because we fell into this Democrat trap. Once they get unrestricted power, the great experiment will be over, and our success will only be known to our children in history books.
600,000 new immigrants (about .18% of the population) each year becoming citizens is not a lot and they're not getting control of the government. Only 20% of naturalized Americans are coming from Latin America.

You lost the nation long ago to immigrants because most all of us are immigrants, 1st, 2nd, or 3rd generation.

the key word here is LEGAL. Come legally and you are welcomed, come illegally and you are a criminal.

Would you immigrate to Thailand and give up your US citizenship to work in another country. It think not.

What he will probably do is return to India and setup his company there since his backers have agreed to fund him wherever he decides to go. I just hate to see our nation lose someone that talented.

And I hate to lose a nation because we are inviting so many immigrants here who are changing our language, culture and politics.

Sorry, but I don't want to see us as a single-party government forever because we fell into this Democrat trap. Once they get unrestricted power, the great experiment will be over, and our success will only be known to our children in history books.

the key word here is LEGAL. Come legally and you are welcomed, come illegally and you are a criminal.
Way too factual to be processed by libbies. Here come the but....buts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back