What human cost is acceptable in controling illegal immigration?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You obviously do not live down here, Pop. You could walk 50 miles along the Mexican border in Arizona at night and not see a soul. And you are going to push over a rope ladder? Do all of you Trumpetts live in Disneyland?
Deja vu. I think I heard those very words being said on November 7, 2016. :biggrin:

Not a problem. Pull an 18 wheeler up next to the wall, and put a 15 foot ladder on top of it, and a robe ladder on the other side.

You guys don't really think these things through very much, do you?
If they did any thinking at all they wouldn’t be conservatives.

It is puzzling….the political downside to this is so gigantic and these dumbasses do not realize it.

Nobody will listen to that of course. According to EJO, 1 out of 4 American kids is Hispanic. Not illegal aliens, American kids.

When Trump and his gang lock up the adults and forcibly separate their kids, do these conservatives really think that this isn’t going to resonate negatively with the larger Hispanic community? It won’t be pretty for Conservatives going forward.

Then you should be happy we are doing it.

My concern for my fellow human beings is more important than political gain……..oh never mind . You’re a conservative. I doubt you’d understand.

When you use children to promote your political agenda, trust me, it's all about politics and nothing about human beings.

Trust you? No thanks.

You are using children as hostages. You are no different than terrorists.

And the left is not???

You are the one who wants to treat children as criminals.
Placing them in detention jails with adults who may harm them whether with the parents or not would be criminal..........Then tomorrow you'd be look what you did to these families.....................Can't house them with all the adults...........got news for you.........some aren't so nice coming over.........

Kids going to other detention centers are for their own protection..............but the INN IS FULL.........only 40,000 beds......

Brings us to another lie the left pushes...........that those crossing is much smaller............more BS.

Face it..........your identity politics here is to attack to get Catch and Release back which is basically your real goal of open borders.

They shouldn't be in detention jails. They need to be in facilities for families. Treating people right has nothing to do with what to do with illegals. Thye should be treated right while they are there and until their status is determined legally.

you have NO f'ing concept of the SCOPE of this problem. We're NOT gonna build "facilities" for 30,000 families at a time, spread over 2000 miles or more of border country. We're gonna review their CLAIMS for asylum and make a judgement and be done with it.

Even if Uncle Sam BUILT those facilities, it would look more like Gitmo than a Comfort Inn..

Anything Trump is involved with would look like Gitmo. That is all thugs like him understand. Either build or find the proper facilities to house families while their claims are abjugated. Taking then children is wrong and inhumane.

Jeff Sessions and Donald Trump:
"If you are smuggling a child then we will prosecute you, and that child will be separated from you as required by law," Attorney General Jeff Sessions said Monday at a law enforcement conference in Scottsdale, Arizona. "If you don't like that, then don't smuggle children over our border."

Administration officials explained that the goal of the program is 100 percent prosecution of all who enter the U.S. illegally. When adults are prosecuted and jailed, their children will be separated from them, just as would happen for a U.S. citizen convicted and jailed.

Anguish at Southwest border as more immigrant children are separated from parents
The Trump administration's willingness to take children from their parents has raised concerns about how far authorities should go to stem unauthorized border crossings and what human cost is acceptable in the name of border security and immigration control.

"There is something terrible happening here that Americans would not support if they understood it," said F. Scott McCown, director of the Children’s Rights Clinic at the University of Texas at Austin School of Law.

I don't care how much you hate illegal immigrants this is EVIL. You are punishing the children. It's abhorrant and wrong and inexcusable. I hope they rot in hell for this. 700 children so far have been seperated from the only family they know and lost to our often incompetent and mismanaged child care system. I fail to see how any parent could support actions like these.

When parents are held for prosecution, their children are turned over to the Office of Refugee Resettlement, part of the Department of Health and Human Services. The children are then designated as "unaccompanied minors," and the government tries to connect them to family members who are already in the U.S. Until then, children wait in shelters or are sent to federally contracted foster homes, often without parents being told exactly where they are, immigration advocates said.

It may soon become even more difficult to place children with relatives. The Department of Homeland Security is proposing immigration checks be done on all people in a household who may take in these "unaccompanied" children, which means relatives who are undocumented may be less likely to come forward.

In the meantime, space in shelters and foster homes is limited; The Washington Post reported the administration plans to open facilities at military bases to house some of the separated children.

Criminals are separated from their children when they are put in prison...should we let criminals out of prison because they will be separated from their children?

What you on the left don't like about the wall is it's something you can't easily reverse or ignore like policy. Once it's up, it's staying up.

Also you on the left dream up of all kinds of ways that lawbreakers will be able to get around the wall as if the Trump administration didn't figure out every single one of those ideas already; as if they didn't have meetings with our experts in the military and border security.

Do you know how much money 19 billion dollars is in our budget? It's one third of what we spend on food stamps in just one year.
In the end, we won't pay a dime of it. Mexico will pay for it.

It is puzzling….the political downside to this is so gigantic and these dumbasses do not realize it.

Nobody will listen to that of course. According to EJO, 1 out of 4 American kids is Hispanic. Not illegal aliens, American kids.

When Trump and his gang lock up the adults and forcibly separate their kids, do these conservatives really think that this isn’t going to resonate negatively with the larger Hispanic community? It won’t be pretty for Conservatives going forward.

I'm part of that larger Hispanic community, and all this is resonating the same way with me now, as it did when I heard Trump's speech about Mexico not sending us their best. It got me to vote for him, as it did for Hispanics, and races all across America.

You still don't get it that keeping illegal aliens out, is what we Americans (all of us) want ?

Actually that is not true. Americans overwhelmingly support amnesty for illegals and DACA recipients.

And the left is not???

You are the one who wants to treat children as criminals.
Placing them in detention jails with adults who may harm them whether with the parents or not would be criminal..........Then tomorrow you'd be look what you did to these families.....................Can't house them with all the adults...........got news for you.........some aren't so nice coming over.........

Kids going to other detention centers are for their own protection..............but the INN IS FULL.........only 40,000 beds......

Brings us to another lie the left pushes...........that those crossing is much smaller............more BS.

Face it..........your identity politics here is to attack to get Catch and Release back which is basically your real goal of open borders.

They shouldn't be in detention jails. They need to be in facilities for families. Treating people right has nothing to do with what to do with illegals. Thye should be treated right while they are there and until their status is determined legally.

you have NO f'ing concept of the SCOPE of this problem. We're NOT gonna build "facilities" for 30,000 families at a time, spread over 2000 miles or more of border country. We're gonna review their CLAIMS for asylum and make a judgement and be done with it.

Even if Uncle Sam BUILT those facilities, it would look more like Gitmo than a Comfort Inn..

Anything Trump is involved with would look like Gitmo. That is all thugs like him understand. Either build or find the proper facilities to house families while their claims are abjugated. Taking then children is wrong and inhumane.

Anything Trump is involved with would look like Gitmo.
Who set up the facilities the children are kept in?

"If you are smuggling a child then we will prosecute you, and that child will be separated from you as required by law," Attorney General Jeff Sessions said Monday at a law enforcement conference in Scottsdale, Arizona. "If you don't like that, then don't smuggle children over our border."

Administration officials explained that the goal of the program is 100 percent prosecution of all who enter the U.S. illegally. When adults are prosecuted and jailed, their children will be separated from them, just as would happen for a U.S. citizen convicted and jailed.

Anguish at Southwest border as more immigrant children are separated from parents
The Trump administration's willingness to take children from their parents has raised concerns about how far authorities should go to stem unauthorized border crossings and what human cost is acceptable in the name of border security and immigration control.

"There is something terrible happening here that Americans would not support if they understood it," said F. Scott McCown, director of the Children’s Rights Clinic at the University of Texas at Austin School of Law.

I don't care how much you hate illegal immigrants this is EVIL. You are punishing the children. It's abhorrant and wrong and inexcusable. I hope they rot in hell for this. 700 children so far have been seperated from the only family they know and lost to our often incompetent and mismanaged child care system. I fail to see how any parent could support actions like these.

When parents are held for prosecution, their children are turned over to the Office of Refugee Resettlement, part of the Department of Health and Human Services. The children are then designated as "unaccompanied minors," and the government tries to connect them to family members who are already in the U.S. Until then, children wait in shelters or are sent to federally contracted foster homes, often without parents being told exactly where they are, immigration advocates said.

It may soon become even more difficult to place children with relatives. The Department of Homeland Security is proposing immigration checks be done on all people in a household who may take in these "unaccompanied" children, which means relatives who are undocumented may be less likely to come forward.

In the meantime, space in shelters and foster homes is limited; The Washington Post reported the administration plans to open facilities at military bases to house some of the separated children.

Criminals are separated from their children when they are put in prison...should we let criminals out of prison because they will be separated from their children?

Who says they are criminals. Innocent until proven guilty. Remember that.

I'm part of that larger Hispanic community, and all this is resonating the same way with me now, as it did when I heard Trump's speech about Mexico not sending us their best. It got me to vote for him, as it did for Hispanics, and races all across America.

You still don't get it that keeping illegal aliens out, is what we Americans (all of us) want ?

Actually that is not true. Americans overwhelmingly support amnesty for illegals and DACA recipients.

You’re talking to someone with the intelligence of a brick when you respond to him.

There is absolutely no way to justify ripping kids away from their parents. Can you imagine if you’re 6 years old, get shipped away from your parents to God knows where. In the best situation it would scare you to death. If you’re a special needs kid..OMFG. All brought to you by the Trump administration…

The Nuremberg trials were about crimes against humanity. This fits.
In other words, you don't know of any law that the Trump admin can be held legally liable for implementing this policy, but you propose that they be held legally liable for what there is no law to hold them legally liable for, right ? Right, BB ? Right ?

The Nuremberg trials were about crimes against humanity. That is what he should be tried for along with Sessions and others who are implementing this inhumane policy.

What's inhumane about it?

Terrorizing children is not inhumane? You are the rabid animal and are as bad as MS-13.

terrorism
[ter-uh-riz-uh m]

noun
  1. the use of violence and threats to intimidate or coerce, especially for political purposes.
  2. the state of fear and submission produced by terrorism or terrorization.
  3. a terroristic method of governing or of resisting a government.
the definition of terrorism

Now which one of these things are happening to these children? These kids are sent to live with relatives (if they have some living here) or to shelters where they are well cared for, fed until full, and given medical care if needed. They are showered, given snacks between meals, clean clothing and are enjoying high definition cartoons on big screens.

If that's what you consider terrorism, I'm sure there are at least a billion kids in other countries who wish they were so terrorized.

Many of these children are dragged away from their parents screaming on terror. All 3 definitions describe what you and Trump want. You really think you can replace their parents. They are put into a foster care system that already does not work.

You’re talking to someone with the intelligence of a brick when you respond to him.

There is absolutely no way to justify ripping kids away from their parents. Can you imagine if you’re 6 years old, get shipped away from your parents to God knows where. In the best situation it would scare you to death. If you’re a special needs kid..OMFG. All brought to you by the Trump administration…

All brought to you by the Trump administration…

Really?

He's the one that started it?

Many of these children are dragged away from their parents screaming on terror. All 3 definitions describe what you and Trump want. You really think you can replace their parents. They are put into a foster care system that already does not work.
How about this ? We do away with asylum 100%. All migrants coming to our border then must go through standard immigration, or else they are turned away, or get arrested for EWI.

Illegal criminals who have not yet had their hearing are not criminals. They have not been convicted of anything. Bad analogy. Any further justification for this horrible policy?

We didn't do this prior to this new policy unless there was reason to suspect the adults were not the parents. Accommodations can be made and were made to keep families together.

Why is that such a bad thing?

Could be that your dopey response is due to not reading the provided link.

ACLU: Trump administration forcibly separating asylum-seekers from their children
"Referred to in the case as "Ms. L" and "S.S.," the mother and daughter arrived in San Ysidro, California, Nov. 1. They told border guards they were seeking asylum, according to the court documents. Ms. L passed what's called a "credible fear interview," where an officer determined she and S.S. had a "significant possibility of ultimately receiving asylum."
Shouldn't be done that way. They should apply for asylum from their home , back in their home country. The fact you said they arrived in San Ysidro, California, before even talking to border guards, tells us they committed crime of EWI.

This cart before horse. Only AFTER being granted asylum, by mail or online, should they even have begun to travel to the US.

Maybe they will be alive to see it through. If you are in fear of your life then get out. They are committing no crime.

All brought to you by the Trump administration…

Really?

He's the one that started it?

The hard and fast policy of ripping a 18 month old from his mother’s arms; no exceptions…yes.

Court orders release of detained immigrant kids, not parents | Daily Mail Online

This was posted almost 20 pages ago, seems you idiots either can't read, or you're just here to whine and call others bad people. FOAD!!!!!!

For the umpteenth time, the system determines the eligibility of the applicant.
She went through the proper legal channel and you still look for a problem with her. SMH.
If the illegal aliens are being locked up, and separated from their kids, that means that NO, they did NOT go through a proper legal channel. If they're being locked up, it's because they crossed the border ILLEGALLY - violation of US Code 8, Section 1325.

Because Trump and Sessions are animals like you. The Nazis at Nuremburg claimed they were just following orders. That sounds a lot like what you are saying. They should not be locked up.

How about this ? We do away with asylum 100%. All migrants coming to our border then must go through standard immigration, or else they are turned away, or get arrested for EWI.

What I would expect from a animal like you.

They're not illegal because no court has found them guilty of anything. The question is not whether they should stay or not but whether they should be treated humanely and remain with their parents until the court acts.
When an American burglar is caught, he is arrested, booked and jailed. He's considered innocent until proven guilty in court, but he remains in jail unless he posts bail. This could be a long time, and the kids don't " remain with their parents until the court acts"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back