What human cost is acceptable in controling illegal immigration?

Status
Not open for further replies.
What about the option to throw the children in jail with the parents? Family unification. No more tears.
Well I'm getting ready to go to work now. I drive a truck so it's mandated I have a CDL license. If I got caught driving without one or it expires, I can get a 10K fine and jail time just for an expired license.

Until we find a full proof way of getting rid of all illegals, the best thing we can do now is make it as uninviting as possible for them to come here. Make it a law that states cannot issue drivers licenses. Make it a law that banks cannot give loans or extend credit to these people. Make it a law that we landlords have to run a check on any foreigner that wants to rent from us and give us a way to do that. Increase penalties for those who hire them. All pupils of public school are checked out that they or their parents are of legal status.

We should implement civil forfeiture for illegal aliens. What a great tool that would be for places like Texas and Orange County that want to keep illegal aliens out. And the money can be spent to build a wall for starters
Take away assets from migrant workers, day labors, and domestics? :cuckoo:

They don't have any money but they wire $69 billion a year to Mexico. Gotcha.

Start by taking their cars.

You clearly recognize ideas what would work because you oppose them every time.

Flopper: We can't take their jobs or build a wall. Wouldn't work. Let's stand in the desert and think hard and transmit anti illegal immigration juju, that should work
Before deciding how to keep people from entering the country illegally, you need to consider why they want to enter the US. Basically, it's because it would be nearly impossible for them to enter legally and the border is not secure enough to keep them out.

So you make it more difficult to enter the country illegally which could be done with a wall that stretches the length of the boarder but a far more practical solution is to provide the security that is needed based on the local need. In some places that might be a wall, in others a fence, and other places electronic monitoring and increased boarder patrol.

Second, reduce the visa wait time for people from Mexico, Honduras, other Central American and Caribbean countries to less than two years. Currently it is between 10 years and never if you lack a college degree or a critical skill.

Lastly, develop a Visa tracking system so we keep overstays to less than a couple of months and make it a legal requirement that visa holders report change of address.

If we do the above, I believe we would eliminate the undocumented immigrant problem a lot faster than what we're doing now because currently enforcement of immigration laws depends on who is in White House and which party controls congress.

They come here because they're the poorest people in a third world shit hole country and morons like you offer them a free pass as well as welfare, drivers licenses, voting and free healthcare and education. They aren't stupid, you are.

Of course we can stop the vast majority of them from coming here. You want to not stop them and fight every step tooth and nail because every illegal we keep out you see as losing a voter
Actually, lately they are fleeing violent drug gangs who are in business because of the United States appetite for illegal drugs. Mexico and Central America have ridiculous murder rates. We are actually breaking up families who are asking for Asylum and jailing them. Great job!

Strange how the far liberals are not crying out about US women in jail who are pregnant and get separated from a newborn. Silence on that one. It does not serve their purpose. Hypocrites.

Yet a 2017 study in Maternal and Child Health Journal indicates that, despite the many federal and medical guidelines indicating the practice’s barbarism and inefficacy, the practice of shackling continues in many regional jails, particularly in the immediate postpartum recovery period. And though the practice of shackling pregnant and laboring women was banned in all federal facilities by the Federal Bureau of Prisons in 2008, regional and state prisons can still decide whether or not to implement these guidelines.

Well I'm getting ready to go to work now. I drive a truck so it's mandated I have a CDL license. If I got caught driving without one or it expires, I can get a 10K fine and jail time just for an expired license.

Until we find a full proof way of getting rid of all illegals, the best thing we can do now is make it as uninviting as possible for them to come here. Make it a law that states cannot issue drivers licenses. Make it a law that banks cannot give loans or extend credit to these people. Make it a law that we landlords have to run a check on any foreigner that wants to rent from us and give us a way to do that. Increase penalties for those who hire them. All pupils of public school are checked out that they or their parents are of legal status.

We should implement civil forfeiture for illegal aliens. What a great tool that would be for places like Texas and Orange County that want to keep illegal aliens out. And the money can be spent to build a wall for starters
Take away assets from migrant workers, day labors, and domestics? :cuckoo:

They don't have any money but they wire $69 billion a year to Mexico. Gotcha.

Start by taking their cars.

You clearly recognize ideas what would work because you oppose them every time.

Flopper: We can't take their jobs or build a wall. Wouldn't work. Let's stand in the desert and think hard and transmit anti illegal immigration juju, that should work
Before deciding how to keep people from entering the country illegally, you need to consider why they want to enter the US. Basically, it's because it would be nearly impossible for them to enter legally and the border is not secure enough to keep them out.

So you make it more difficult to enter the country illegally which could be done with a wall that stretches the length of the boarder but a far more practical solution is to provide the security that is needed based on the local need. In some places that might be a wall, in others a fence, and other places electronic monitoring and increased boarder patrol.

Second, reduce the visa wait time for people from Mexico, Honduras, other Central American and Caribbean countries to less than two years. Currently it is between 10 years and never if you lack a college degree or a critical skill.

Lastly, develop a Visa tracking system so we keep overstays to less than a couple of months and make it a legal requirement that visa holders report change of address.

If we do the above, I believe we would eliminate the undocumented immigrant problem a lot faster than what we're doing now because currently enforcement of immigration laws depends on who is in White House and which party controls congress.

They come here because they're the poorest people in a third world shit hole country and morons like you offer them a free pass as well as welfare, drivers licenses, voting and free healthcare and education. They aren't stupid, you are.

Of course we can stop the vast majority of them from coming here. You want to not stop them and fight every step tooth and nail because every illegal we keep out you see as losing a voter
40% come in legally so you're wrong already. Pass the goddamn 2010 democratic comprehensive immigration bill with a good SS ID card and cut the b******* propaganda, super dupe. The wall is stupid and useless. They will just get bigger ladders and deeper tunnels.

Last edited:
What about the option to throw the children in jail with the parents? Family unification. No more tears.

Not without a change in the law, because whether the no-short-term-memory left recalls it or not, THEY pitched a hissy and insisted that children should not be detained.

Strange how the far liberals are not crying out about US women in jail who are pregnant and get separated from a newborn. Silence on that one. It does not serve their purpose. Hypocrites.

Yet a 2017 study in Maternal and Child Health Journal indicates that, despite the many federal and medical guidelines indicating the practice’s barbarism and inefficacy, the practice of shackling continues in many regional jails, particularly in the immediate postpartum recovery period. And though the practice of shackling pregnant and laboring women was banned in all federal facilities by the Federal Bureau of Prisons in 2008, regional and state prisons can still decide whether or not to implement these guidelines.

Oh, they'd like us to release those women, as well. Leftists have an atavistic horror of anyone being incarcerated for committing crimes.

I was being a rude smartass to make an obvious point. Children out of incarceration is better than in incarceration. Something to be thankful for. In the games played that doesn't make tearjerker fake news.

I was being a rude smartass to make an obvious point. Children out of incarceration is better than in incarceration. Something to be thankful for. Yet that doesn't make tearjerker fake news.

Oh, I know. And as I said, a couple years ago, the "desperate need" to NOT keep kids detained with their illegal immigrant parents was the tearjerker fake news. Somehow, they think no one's going to remember that, and figure out that what they're REALLY angling for is a stop to any and all policies that don't involve simply letting people la-di-da across the border and vanish into the population.

You have such screwy assumptions:

1) Flopper - if we build a wall, we can't go after VISA overstays too, we have to pick one

- Bull, we need to go after both and any other way illegals are coming into the country

2) Flopper - only Mexicans are crossing our southern border

- Bull, lots of South Americans too. And so can anyone, including al Qaeda, who fly into Mexico city

3) 40% means a majority - no, 40% is not a majority. Not a math major, were you?
  1. Of course we can we protect our borders and deal with visa overstays as we should but only in a fair and just manner. Trump's rush to deport as many people as fast as he can is going to backfire badly. The majority of the American public want a path to citizenship not deportation. Bypassing immigration court and his zero tolerance policy is going to hurt a lot of innocent people. For example: What does a businessman father from Ohio, an Arizona mother, the Indiana husband of a Trump supporter all have in common? They were unassuming members of their community, parents of US citizens, and undocumented immigrants order to be deported. They had been in this country for decades, they're employed, had never been arrested, paid their taxes, and were productive members of the community. And what crime did they commit. None. They are guilty of overstaying their visa, a civil infraction that carries no penalty other than deportation. However because of the time they have been in the country, the law says they will be band from reentry for 10 years. How in the world can anyone condom such unjust treatment? And people question why 6 states and hundreds of cities and towns have declared themselves a sanctuary.
  2. Read my post, "Most of the the illegal immigrants entering the US today are not Mexicans ...".
  3. It doesn't matter whether it's 40% or 50%, or 60%. The percentage is based on and estimate of the number of undocumented immigrants in the country. It could 9 million, 11 million, 12 million, or more or less. You seem to totally miss the point; the number of people that overstay their visas exceed the number coming over the boarder by a factor 2 to 4 times depending on year.

So what you're saying is it's okay if they break our laws, just as long as they show they are upstanding citizens.

Well that's a message we want to send to the other 8.5 billion people on this planet, isn't it?

You people on the left are constantly comparing us to other countries........except when it comes to borders, immigration laws and handling of intruders. There are not many other countries that would put up with as much as we have put up with when it comes to immigration.

Especially in our sanctuary cities, we give them drivers licenses so they can get to work they are not supposed to have. Those cities give them protection from ICE and other agencies. We allow them to rent apartments and houses. They get to send their illegal children to our schools, and in some cases, hold up the class because they can't speak English. They can even get credit cards.

Is it any wonder why they come here, and now we're going to complain because we take their children from them when they enter this country? Add free babysitting on top of the list above.
No, I'm not saying it's ok to break our laws. I'm saying, let the punishment fit the crime. And in the case of those that overstayed their Visas, about 40% to 50% of the undocumented immigrant, they are not guilty of any crime. At most, they are guilty of a civil violation.

Just because I think undocumented immigrants should be treated fairly and humane does not mean I want open boarders. I actually want the same thing you want, a solution to the problem of illegal immigration. I just disagree with how you want it done.

The undocumented immigrant problem is easily solved if we stem the flow of illegal immigrants and enforce visa expiration. If we do that we will see the numbers of undocumented fall year by year with little need for deportation.

I like my idea better. Bet you anything it would get much better and quicker results.

So said the AMERICAN people in November 2016.

Only half (give or take a couple million) said that. And when the pendulum swings back the other way, the wall is torn down. Senseless thrashing. Why not find something we can get real consensus on? Why do we keep pushing for partisan extremes that aren't sustainable?

Because one side is for letting everybody in and the other side is for letting nobody in. Trump did try to compromise. He even gave Democrats more than they wanted. What did they tell Trump? Go to hell.

By building a stupid wall that will not work? Duped again...

2B8C163900000578-3205724-image-a-30_1440173403600.jpg

Leftists don't oppose building a wall because they think it won't work, they oppose a wall because they know it will. They support nothing but programs that won't work

Not only will it work, but a wall is something they won't be able to reverse like policies.

I moved out of California in 1989. Sad to say this, but it is a lost cause. Democrats have imported so many of the invaders to stack the ballot boxes with their votes, that they are now indebted to them, and must pander to their wishes.

It might be easier to get a cow to jump over the moon than get legislation in California in opposition to illegal aliens. California has become an extension of Mexico. The best thing that could be done regarding California, and its millions of illegal aliens, is to pass a law making California no longer part of the USA.

If Mexico wants it, they can have it. Summer fires, winter floods/mudslides, eathquakes and all.

California acts as a model of what can happen to the rest of the country left to liberals and their open border mentality. It's gotten so bad in some places that they are passing out poop maps so decent people don't accidentally step in human feces. It's now the welfare state of the country and while they brag how great their economy is, they are so far in debt it can never be paid back.

The people and families that went from running over the border to respectable US citizen were in the "olden days" and they really wanted a better life. There are many who earned US citizenship although stated out as an illegal back in the day. Many US citizens came here from somewhere seeking a better life. The world is different now. Global economies, global issues. Preserving a nation is an important goal now. This is not Nazi nationalism. Seeking Asylum Reforms could be a valuable solution all around the world today. I am for HUMANE LEGAL PROCESSES. As for Mexico, they really are at war with the USA because the main product besides food we import from Mexico is nasty drugs that are undermining the safety and sanity of our country. THE USA could even declare war on Mexico with real justification as they are a threat. Take the beaches of Baja by force or buy them outright and BUILD THE WALL NOW. Sincerely, from Arizona (no surprise there).

The people and families that went from running over the border to respectable US citizen were in the "olden days" and they really wanted a better life. There are many who earned US citizenship although stated out as an illegal back in the day. Many US citizens came here from somewhere seeking a better life. The world is different now. Global economies, global issues. Preserving a nation is an important goal now. This is not Nazi nationalism. Seeking Asylum Reforms could be a valuable solution all around the world today. I am for HUMANE LEGAL PROCESSES. As for Mexico, they really are at war with the USA because the main product besides food we import from Mexico is nasty drugs that are undermining the safety and sanity of our country. THE USA could even declare war on Mexico with real justification as they are a threat. Take the beaches of Baja by force or buy them outright and BUILD THE WALL NOW. Sincerely, from Arizona (no surprise there).
The wall is stupid and useless, super dupe.

I moved out of California in 1989. Sad to say this, but it is a lost cause. Democrats have imported so many of the invaders to stack the ballot boxes with their votes, that they are now indebted to them, and must pander to their wishes.

It might be easier to get a cow to jump over the moon than get legislation in California in opposition to illegal aliens. California has become an extension of Mexico. The best thing that could be done regarding California, and its millions of illegal aliens, is to pass a law making California no longer part of the USA.

If Mexico wants it, they can have it. Summer fires, winter floods/mudslides, eathquakes and all.

California acts as a model of what can happen to the rest of the country left to liberals and their open border mentality. It's gotten so bad in some places that they are passing out poop maps so decent people don't accidentally step in human feces. It's now the welfare state of the country and while they brag how great their economy is, they are so far in debt it can never be paid back.
Pass the 2010 democratic comprehensive immigration bill with a good SS ID card and end this GOP klusterfuk, brainwashed functional moron.

Pass the 2010 democratic comprehensive immigration bill with a good SS ID card and end this GOP klusterfuk, brainwashed functional moron.

WTF do you come here and repeat the same shit over and over again? We got you the last nine times you posted that stupidity.

...Wow, such hate against millions of people that remained in the US after their Visa expired which is not even a criminal offense. About 40% to 50% of our undocumented immigrants fall into this category...
It's not hatred, old sod, although it's in your (side's) best interests to continually attempt (and fail) to portray it as thus; declaring it thus does not render it thus.

......there are a lot of people that don't want to see them punished or deported...
True.

Fortunately, they do not control the Nation's law enforcement mechanisms at the moment.

...They want a more humane solution to the problem...
That's nice.

...These people didn't come her to rape and pillage...
Don't care WHY they came here... the trouble is, they're HERE... and they need to go home.

...They came here to work and earn enough money to support their family...
Don't care WHY they came here... the trouble is, they're HERE, and they need to go home.

...often at considerable danger to themselves which is a lot more than many Americans are willing to do.
Doesn't matter... much of the "other side" has stopped listening to all the excuse-making and juicy rationalizations... time for Illegals to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back