What if i sign up for obamacare and then it's cancelled???

ShootSpeeders

Gold Member
May 13, 2012
Will my previous health insurance company take me back? People are purty soon gonna start asking that question and lots will stick with what they have and that will be another death spiral for obozocare. What a moron we have in the WH.

• Banned
Nobody is signing up for this POS. Even the illegals won't touch it. They get FREE treatment for everything at hospital ERs.

Will my previous health insurance company take me back? People are purty soon gonna start asking that question and lots will stick with what they have and that will be another death spiral for obozocare. What a moron we have in the WH.

Well then they'd be fucked.

That's about it. Unless the law is repealed or becomes defunct, in that case insurers would be more than happy to have their old customers back.

They can't take you back. Obiecare has made your health plan obsolete. You have no choice but to hope you can log into healthcare.gov and pray you get a subsidy to offset what is going to be the doubling of your rate.

those who have signed up better pray that they will find a doctor! how come no one in the media is asking Liberals about the doctor shortage? and they are bloating about the 30 Million new health-care recipients! yipee, now they will all have health-care! Great! now where are they going to find a doctor? now we need another 300,000 Doctors! ASAP !!!!

I don't think there is any going back. Most people have (had) some type of insurance 'contract'. Once it is gone, it is gone. You could get a new one, but there are no guarantees what the costs or terms might be. Could be wrong about this.

Last edited:
why can't congress step in and assure that the new sight wont ask personal questions before they find out the prices? can't they threaten action if the websight asks too many personal questions?

Take you back? Why would you leave?

Because, like every other USMB nutter, he has been buying insurance on the individual market....a plan which he LOVES. In spite of this, the ACA is making him change to a plan that actually insures him. So, he thinks he must go to the exchange.

When he reads this, the fact that he does not HAVE TO go to the exchange will once again be brought to his attention. The fact that he can just buy another plan from his present insurer that meets the minimum consumer protections that the ACA stipulates...will once again sit before him.

Will he ignore these facts again? Absolutely!

why can't congress step in and assure that the new sight wont ask personal questions before they find out the prices? can't they threaten action if the websight asks too many personal questions?

site

The website already has made the change. Personal details are not needed in order to see prices.

Pay attention.

They can't take you back. Obiecare has made your health plan obsolete. You have no choice but to hope you can log into healthcare.gov and pray you get a subsidy to offset what is going to be the doubling of your rate.

Well, another poster totally full of shit. We have had our meeting on health care where I work, and this is the outcome. Basically the same plan and copays I had, but with higher deductables. And it costs the company enough less than they dropped the deduction in our pay checks for the health care. So I will see over $1000 more on my net on the paychecks in 2014. The higher deductables are not at all serious. Years ago my wife had to have a stint put into her heart. $90,000 just for the hospital. Cost me $250. Next year, that amount would cost me $750. That $500 more matters little compared to the $90,000.

There's no "If." You need to sign up or pay to keep your own unless your insurance doesn't comply.

Oh, and ACA isn't going anywhere.

Well, another poster totally full of shit. We have had our meeting on health care where I work, and this is the outcome. Basically the same plan and copays I had, but with higher deductables. And it costs the company enough less than they dropped the deduction in our pay checks for the health care. So I will see over $1000 more on my net on the paychecks in 2014. The higher deductables are not at all serious. Years ago my wife had to have a stint put into her heart. $90,000 just for the hospital. Cost me $250. Next year, that amount would cost me $750. That $500 more matters little compared to the $90,000.

Get the flexible spending and have them take the additional money before taxes just for that.

This is not nearly as hard as some posters are making it seem through their hate filled eyes.

site

The website already has made the change. Personal details are not needed in order to see prices.

Pay attention.

They ask personal questions, when you check on your subsidy.

site

Pay attention.

Yes. And that is after they give you the prices. Argue with yourself much?

site

Pay attention.

Hey stinky-butt. Without the subsidy, you don't know what your insurance will cost. Knowing the non-subsidized cost is of little value. THINK

Hey stinky-butt. Without the subsidy, you don't know what your insurance will cost. Knowing the non-subsidized cost is of little value. THINK

And......the question was the price. Which you can find before inputting any personal info.

That's always been true, you idiot. But now you need the subsidy to get the FINAL price and that requires answering a bunch of nosy questions. The board demands you admit your error.

Take you back? Why would you leave?

Because, like every other USMB nutter, he has been buying insurance on the individual market....a plan which he LOVES. In spite of this, the ACA is making him change to a plan that actually insures him. So, he thinks he must go to the exchange.

When he reads this, the fact that he does not HAVE TO go to the exchange will once again be brought to his attention. The fact that he can just buy another plan from his present insurer that meets the minimum consumer protections that the ACA stipulates...will once again sit before him.

Will he ignore these facts again? Absolutely!

In spite of this, the ACA is making him change to a plan that actually insures him. So, he thinks he must go to the exchange.

There is no difference between the plans offered on the exchange and those off of the exchange.

The ONLY reason to buy ON the exchange is if you want to get the sbsidies.

The fact that he can just buy another plan from his present insurer that meets the minimum consumer protections that the ACA stipulates...will once again sit before him.

For significantly MORE money and less coverage depending on the plan he would choose.

Forum List

Back