🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

What is a Catholic to believe these days? ahhhhh

rightnow909

Diamond Member
Oct 5, 2021
There are sites on the internet that basically say that our "pope" is not a real pope. He says things that make us really, really believe that... although I have to say I have not heard what he has to say lately... maybe part of the reason for that is I am no longer interested in what he has to say bc it has in the past sounded (much of it) terribly heretical... Of course, just like Satan, this pope mixes truth with error.. you know... just because he knows some Cahtolics know the difference btwn the 2...

so then there was Fr Gobbi who said or is accused of saying (implying) that the Marian Movement of Priests which he at one time led (along w/ MMP followers) were the true Catholics and...

well, words have been put in Fr G's mouth... he's been accused of saying that all other Catholics are damned. I have read his book 1 1/2 times and have NEVER read THAT... so yeh... lots of liars in the world...

that said, I don't know yet whether to believe Fr G either...

sigh

so much confusion in the world... I would appreciate any help from other Catholics... thanks

so much confusion in the world... I would appreciate any help from other Catholics... thanks
I find it helpful to focus on Jesus' own words--particularly the Beatitudes, and to incorporate them into my very small and minute everyday life. Jesus taught us to take care of our own small area so that like yeast, it might spread further. That is sufficient for our day.

There are sites on the internet that basically say that our "pope" is not a real pope. He says things that make us really, really believe that... although I have to say I have not heard what he has to say lately... maybe part of the reason for that is I am no longer interested in what he has to say bc it has in the past sounded (much of it) terribly heretical... Of course, just like Satan, this pope mixes truth with error.. you know... just because he knows some Cahtolics know the difference btwn the 2...

so then there was Fr Gobbi who said or is accused of saying (implying) that the Marian Movement of Priests which he at one time led (along w/ MMP followers) were the true Catholics and...

well, words have been put in Fr G's mouth... he's been accused of saying that all other Catholics are damned. I have read his book 1 1/2 times and have NEVER read THAT... so yeh... lots of liars in the world...

sigh

too bad for you - what exactly has the pope said that disturbs you so ... advising not to - strip farm the amazon. just shocking.

I find it helpful to focus on Jesus' own words--particularly the Beatitudes, and to incorporate them into my very small and minute everyday life. Jesus taught us to take care of our own small area so that like yeast, it might spread further. That is sufficient for our day.
Jesus did not say everyone goes to Heaven

the pope has said that

he is not Catholic

There is only one Way to Heaven

Jesus

Jesus did not say everyone goes to Heaven

the pope has said that

he is not Catholic

There is only one Way to Heaven

Jesus

no, that is a 4th century forgery ... and the pope knows for the better.

- also by chance, everyone would need read your 4th century book, c bible for that to be possibly true and without that written in the hand of the 1st century religious itinerant makes for just another forgery and fallacy for the c bible - as written by the prosecutors of the 1st century crucifixion. their book of servitude.

sigh

Have no fear-their own translations and encyclopedia prove they are false religion. BELIEVE JESUS-John 20:17, Rev 3:12,, John 4:22-24--all his real followers do

sigh

The best anyone who wants to keep their faith can do is believe in the best of it. You can't go wrong.

no, that is a 4th century forgery ... and the pope knows for the better.

- also by chance, everyone would need read your 4th century book, c bible for that to be possibly true and without that written in the hand of the 1st century religious itinerant makes for just another forgery and fallacy for the c bible - as written by the prosecutors of the 1st century crucifixion. their book of servitude.
the Bible says

Jesus says

FEW make it

the Bible says

Jesus says

FEW make it
You see the point, Jesus would never say anything like that. This is the religion called Christianity that is speaking to you, not Jesus. They have different goals.

You see the point, Jesus would never say anything like that.
Actually, Jesus did say that. He said we needed to enter through the narrow gate (Matthew 7:14)

But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it.

Actually, Jesus did say that. He said we needed to enter through the narrow gate (Matthew 7:14)

But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it.
You do understand that the Bible is a compilation of writings by men not a god. I'm basically for the first 800 years the common people weren't allowed to read the Bible. That's plenty of time to rewrite the originals to make an a more convincing case for that god. Sorry but if you haven't figured out by now religious zealots were the ones who did rewrote and rewrote the Bible. Like when Jesus said I am the only way to God the Father that has to be a lie and a huge one. Jesus probably said I am a way to the father and it's been rewritten by religious zealots.

You do understand that the Bible is a compilation of writings by men not a god. I'm basically for the first 800 years the common people weren't allowed to read the Bible. That's plenty of time to rewrite the originals to make an a more convincing case for that god. Sorry but if you haven't figured out by now religious zealots were the ones who did rewrote and rewrote the Bible. Like when Jesus said I am the only way to God the Father that has to be a lie and a huge one. Jesus probably said I am a way to the father and it's been rewritten by religious zealots.
My understanding is not your understanding...

My understanding is not your understanding...
Your opinion is faith-based therefore unreliable. My opinion is science-based, practical, pragmatic and a thousand times more likely to be the truth than what you believe.

Your opinion is faith-based therefore unreliable. My opinion is science-based, practical, pragmatic and a thousand times more likely to be the truth than what you believe.
Doubtful, and the reason I say this is that for all your scientific mindedness, you do not know what I believe.

Doubtful, and the reason I say this is that for all your scientific mindedness, you do not know what I believe.
You keep quoting the Bible like it's evidence, that tells me all I need to know. The Bible is theological propaganda. That is a fact.

sigh

You need to understand there is no god and never has been. The pope is nothing but another human glorified as if he is representative of god that doesn't exist. Youve bern conned like anyone else who believes that rubbish.

You keep quoting the Bible like it's evidence, that tells me all I need to know. The Bible is theological propaganda. That is a fact.
No, I don't keep quoting the Bible like it is evidence. I teach science, and evidence--as you should know--is more than anecdotal. I quoted a Bible verse attributed to Jesus where he spoke of the narrow way and that few find it. This is consistent with Jesus' other teachings about the Kingdom of God. His philosophy (which is not science) is well grounded and based on truth (not scientific fact).

The belief in the own ideas about science is not science. And the belief in science itselve is also not science. And pragmatism is often a problem. Example: The USA supported during World War 2 Stalin. Never anyone will be able to find out whether this had been a good idea or a bad idea because history not knows experiments. Do something or let it be - it will always have consequences. But never we will know what had happened otherwise. So to try to be in harmony with god is perhaps the very best what someone is able to do - even if he is a beliefer in atheism.

Last edited:
You do understand that the Bible is a compilation of writings by men not a god. I'm basically for the first 800 years the common people weren't allowed to read the Bible.

What a nonsense. While Luther lived lived also Gutenberg. And Gutenberg made possible mass-printings of the bible. Before this had happened existed extraordinary beautiful hand written bibles in all libraries. Most libraries had been in monasteries. For the peopel who had not been able to read existed often importnat textes of the bible with pictures - similiar to comix. The pictures helped the people to remember the stories.

What's plenty of time to rewrite the originals to make an a more convincing case for that god.

Means this you think some people wrote wrong bibles? That's impossible. It existed always enough copies from the bible so the original textes had always been reconstructable. A situation comparable to Osman who destroyed the context and rewrote the words of the prophet Mohamed in the book Quran - and who also destroyed all alternating textes - never had happened in the Christian religion.

Sorry but if you haven't figured out by now religious zealots were the ones who did rewrote and rewrote the Bible. Like when Jesus said I am the only way to God the Father that has to be a lie and a huge one. Jesus probably said I am a way to the father and it's been rewritten by religious zealots.

He said "I am the way, the truth and the life." The problem with many US-Americans who use this words is they say "I am the way, the truth and the life." but they don't say Jesus said: "I am the way, the truth and the life." So Jesus is the way - but not anyone else who says so - only Jesus, no one else. And it is his decision - exclusivelly only the decision of Jesus the Christ - whether he loves someone who is not a Christian or not. So no one has to live in fear of the Christ.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back