*What Is Death To An Ahteist*?

So what of the people and civilizations that existed before JC?

I never said JC never existed. If fact I believe he was quite a charismatic man but there was nothing divine about him.

Think about it; why would an all powerful god have to pretend to be a human in order to make people worship him? Why not just show up and tell everyone the real deal?

And I have no reason to believe the scriptures are nothing but a fairy tale.

It took a perfect man adam to gey us in this mess and it took a perfect man to get us out of this mess.

There must be atonement for all sin with God.

Civilizations before Christ offered up sacrifices for their sins as was ordered by God. It was usually once a year or when they happened to be at the place of atonement offerings.

God is a spirit who took the form of a man just as sometimes Angels took the form of men.

Well i don't know but things that were recorded in the scriptures like the Hydrologic system- how the earth gets fresh water- long before man knew what it was shows someone divine must have inspired the scriptures. The accurate history that was recorded oh and even prophecy that was recorded thousands of years before the fact adds for me credibility to the scriptures and suggests it's not a book of fairytales.

Suggests to you?

That is not proof. The bible was written by men. In fact the Nicene council, a council of men, are the ones who compiled what they thought should be included in the bible. And in the time honored tradition of Christianity the council burned any writings they believed were not divine. So in all truth it is impossible to know what christian religious doctrines existed before the currently accepted ones.

Now tell me don't you think these men may have acted in their own self interests when compiling what would become the definitive doctrine of a religion?

Now you're listening to fairytales, the nicene creed had nothing to do with the Old Testament, only the New Testament. and they know most of the books written in the New Testament was written by one man and where is this proof they decided what would be in the New Testament ? They did decide doctrine concerning the early church but i only believe doctrine that is fully supported by the scriptures.

religion still today are operating out of self interest,i am not a biggy on man made religion the book of revelations refers to these religions as the great harlot that will be judged by God and put to death.

Hydrologic system was not known until the early 19th century but it was described in the bible in detail 3,000 years earlier.

Last edited:
WELL!!!! If you say Jesus said it...then that settles everything....debate over! :lol: :lol: :lol:

It does for me because i am a Christian.

Like i said earlier there is plkenty of reason for me to trust the scriptures.

Thats kinda how you base your worldly views is it not ? Because an educated scientist or professor makes a statement sometimes its taken as absolute truth until proven otherwise.

If the bible was written by so many different authors and was not inspired by God how do you explain the lack of contradictions after careful scrutiny ?

It took a perfect man adam to gey us in this mess and it took a perfect man to get us out of this mess.

There must be atonement for all sin with God.

Civilizations before Christ offered up sacrifices for their sins as was ordered by God. It was usually once a year or when they happened to be at the place of atonement offerings.

God is a spirit who took the form of a man just as sometimes Angels took the form of men.

Well i don't know but things that were recorded in the scriptures like the Hydrologic system- how the earth gets fresh water- long before man knew what it was shows someone divine must have inspired the scriptures. The accurate history that was recorded oh and even prophecy that was recorded thousands of years before the fact adds for me credibility to the scriptures and suggests it's not a book of fairytales.

Suggests to you?

That is not proof. The bible was written by men. In fact the Nicene council, a council of men, are the ones who compiled what they thought should be included in the bible. And in the time honored tradition of Christianity the council burned any writings they believed were not divine. So in all truth it is impossible to know what christian religious doctrines existed before the currently accepted ones.

Now tell me don't you think these men may have acted in their own self interests when compiling what would become the definitive doctrine of a religion?

Now you're listening to fairytales, the nicene creed had nothing to do with the Old Testament, only the New Testament. and they know most of the books written in the New Testament was written by one man and where is this proof they decided what would be in the New Testament ? They did decide doctrine concerning the early church but i only believe doctrine that is fully supported by the scriptures.

religion still today are operating out of self interest,i am not a biggy on man made religion the book of revelations refers to these religions as the great harlot that will be judeged by God and put to death.

Hydrologic system was not known until the early 19th century but it was described in the bible in detail 3,000 years earlier.

Water cycles were indeed known to men before the bible. How else did the descriptions end up in the bible?

You insist that the bible was not written by men. I believe it was so everything in the bible was known to men before it was written down.

History of hydrology

The idea of a global hydrologic cycle dates back at least 3000 years when early Greek philosophers including Thales, Anaxagoras, Herodotus, Hippocrates, Plato, and Aristotle conceptualized the basic ideas governing the process. Many initial ideas established by the Greeks about the hydrologic cycle were reasonable.

Last time I checked the philosophers mentioned weren't christians.

If the bible was written by so many different authors and was not inspired by God how do you explain the lack of contradictions after careful scrutiny ?

I don't. I seldom waste my time on answering stupid and irrelevant questions. I would assume that the people assigned the task of assembling your bible for the purpose of controlling the Christian population of the time would not want contradictions as the premise it self was beyond any reasonable belief and "adjusted" the document accordingly. Just a guess.

Sorry bout that,

1. You can bury and dead atheist, but you can't bestow faith in a dead mans heart, alive or dead.
2. "The ways of the world shall be done, and then the ways of God shall overcome" by, CWN
3. Those whom shall find eternal happiness, shall find; those that do not; shall find what God has them find.
4. Though I say you will not find happiness in atheism, and shall not find the *Good Seed* within the word of God, its fact, unless God, over rules, ofcourse thats always possible, but who am I to say it will happen to you?
5. Better you told the truth, than I lie to you.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Sorry bout that,

Sorry bout that,

1. Islam has no part of the *Mary & Jesus*, *The God King* being born of a virgin reality.
2. And Abraham didn't father three religions, Moses fathered the religion for the Jews, and Mohamed fathered their weed religion of Islam, Abraham had nothing to do with making the Christian religion.
3. Jesus is a Jew, born with the heritage of Abraham, as the prophets prophesied he would be, but thats mainly how the two are connected.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Umm was not islam founded by the descendants of the bastard son of Abraham?

1. The *bad seed* they were, indeed that is true, and still they are the *bad seeds*.
2. Jesus' heritage was of the *Good Seed* through Sarah the mother of the Jews.
3. As prophesied before Jesus was even born, he was expected, but wasn't widely accepted.
4. That tells me, that the *bad seed* were so entrenched in this world, as it is now, that Jesus couldn't find good ground enough to benefit those of that era, but with watering and pruning, to where it slowly took hold, and what we see now is a huge vineyard with out growing all over the planet.
5. These things are known of in the Bible, and what it teahes are for everyone to behold.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

So I will take that long and rambling dialog as a yes then.

Sorry bout that,

Sorry bout that,

Umm was not islam founded by the descendants of the bastard son of Abraham?

1. The *bad seed* they were, indeed that is true, and still they are the *bad seeds*.
2. Jesus' heritage was of the *Good Seed* through Sarah the mother of the Jews.
3. As prophesied before Jesus was even born, he was expected, but wasn't widely accepted.
4. That tells me, that the *bad seed* were so entrenched in this world, as it is now, that Jesus couldn't find good ground enough to benefit those of that era, but with watering and pruning, to where it slowly took hold, and what we see now is a huge vineyard with out growing all over the planet.
5. These things are known of in the Bible, and what it teaches are for everyone to behold.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

So I will take that long and rambling dialog as a yes then.

1. Take it for what you can garner from it.
2. It wasn't a simple answer like *yup*.
3. Thats why I get the *big bucks* I can post long drawn out answers that basically answer a plethora of other questions that you may have, or the readers thereof of your questions, grasping up several loose ends before your brain can expose them.
4. Its something that people of God, can do, and are allowed too do.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Two thousand years of editing and deleting those parts which are contradictory

Suggests to you?

religion still today are operating out of self interest,i am not a biggy on man made religion the book of revelations refers to these religions as the great harlot that will be judeged by God and put to death.

Water cycles were indeed known to men before the bible. How else did the descriptions end up in the bible?

You insist that the bible was not written by men. I believe it was so everything in the bible was known to men before it was written down.

History of hydrology

The idea of a global hydrologic cycle dates back at least 3000 years when early Greek philosophers including Thales, Anaxagoras, Herodotus, Hippocrates, Plato, and Aristotle conceptualized the basic ideas governing the process. Many initial ideas established by the Greeks about the hydrologic cycle were reasonable.

Yes man created water catches and what not, but they did not know how water wound up back in the oceans and became clouds and rained back down fresh filtered water. Yes the scriptures was written by man but where did the information come from that was written about ?

Advances and further understanding of how water evaporates was not know until the 1,800's. but yet 3,500 years ago the information was written clearly in the bible.

History of hydrology

Yes man created water catches and what not, but they did not know how water wound up back in the oceans and became clouds and rained back down fresh filtered water. Yes the scriptures was written by man but where did the information come from that was written about ?

Advances and further understanding of how water evaporates was not know until the 1,800's. but yet 3,500 years ago the information was written clearly in the bible.

That proves nothing except that one of the people who penned some of the bible had a theory of the water cycle.

Since only educated men could write back then it is not unreasonable to say that an educated man understood the water cycle. Too bad we don't know which man wrote that particular piece of the bible so we could give him the credit he deserves.

And do you really know the exact date that passage came to be in the bible? I think it's pretty well accepted that there have been additions to the bible that are less than 3000 years old.

I don't. I seldom waste my time on answering stupid and irrelevant questions. I would assume that the people assigned the task of assembling your bible for the purpose of controlling the Christian population of the time would not want contradictions as the premise it self was beyond any reasonable belief and "adjusted" the document accordingly. Just a guess.

Well it seems early day authors of the bible did a better job then modern day scientists not having to continue to revise their books.

How are these stupid irrelvant questions ? We were discussing the reliability of the bible and if it was a book that was inspired by the creator and you don't find that interesting ?

Well it seems early day authors of the bible did a better job then modern day scientists not having to continue to revise their books.

How are these stupid irrelvant questions ? We were discussing the reliability of the bible and if it was a book that was inspired by the creator and you don't find that interesting ?

You actually think the Bible has not been revised?

You are not much of a biblical scholar

Are you speaking of the New Testament ?

The biggest problem that you see is the problem are simply language barriers.

It's pretty tough going from Hebrew to aramaic to Egyptian coptic to greek to latin and english.

The translators had to cover all meanings to every word used in each language.

History of hydrology

That proves nothing except that one of the people who penned some of the bible had a theory of the water cycle.

Since only educated men could write back then it is not unreasonable to say that an educated man understood the water cycle. Too bad we don't know which man wrote that particular piece of the bible so we could give him the credit he deserves.

And do you really know the exact date that passage came to be in the bible? I think it's pretty well accepted that there have been additions to the bible that are less than 3000 years old.

Through chronology of the bible roughly 3,500 to 3,700 years ago.

It's pretty tough going from Hebrew to aramaic to Egyptian coptic to greek to latin and english.

King James is a bastardization of the original text or texts. There are still may lost texts of the Bible that are popping up

A List Of Biblical Contradictions

You really don't want to go down this road with me. I have debated this issue for many years and what you call contradictions CAN easily be shown to be ignorance on the part of the accusers.

Trust me people have been trying this tactic for many years only be shown to be wrong.

Now if you insist i will debate you on this issue.

King James is a bastardization of the original text or texts. There are still may lost texts of the Bible that are popping up

The KJ true is not the oldest version and can you be specific about missing texts ?

Who really gives a shit?

Back to the original post..

Atheists have a healthier view towards death. They live their lives knowing they have to make the best of it and look at death as part of life....not something to be feared

The religious can't imagine a world without them in it. They fear death and need some fairy tale to grasp that they won't really die if they jump through the right hoops. They can't accept that their loved ones have died and hold onto a childish hope that they will be somehow reunited

Forum List

Back