🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

What is God?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd love to know why alleged believers get so angry when others don't consider beliefs, unvalidated by evidence, to be validated beliefs. I'd also love to know why the faithful get confused regarding the distaste that others have for their insistence that their unfounded superstions are as valid as theories that are validated by evidence; that the faithful's beliefs in unfounded superstitions should be given the same respect as beliefs founded in evidence.

I'd like to know why believers have to insist that their beliefs are universal and that everyone else's beliefs are false? In order to make that assertion, they have to cough up some proof (that is, if you want anyone to take the assertion seriously) and as we all know, they cannot. The BEST they can do is say "this is what I believe" and that works for many believers who respect the rights of others to believe differently. There are some believers, however, who can't accept sharing the spotlight so they demand that their beliefs are universal fact.

It's nice to see you can be half way reasonable... at least when talking in vague generalities. I, and many believers don't care if you believe or not, the people you seem to have the problem with are a tiny percentage, but everytime you post, at least in response to me, you act like we're all poised outside of abortion clinics with sniper rifles, which is really not the case.

That is NOT how I feel about believers. Maybe that is your interpretation but then again it is your interpretations that seem to get you into trouble.

In fact, if you've read any of my posts beyond the one's on religion and spirituality I'm in favor of a woman's right to choose. Yet it seems you try to paint me as a religious wacko everytime we bump heads.

It seems that way to you but that is not the case. The problem I have with your posts is that when I challenge you on a comment you've made, you respond by twisting it into something I never said and then it all goes to hell from there.

I'd love to know why alleged believers get so angry when others don't consider beliefs, unvalidated by evidence, to be validated beliefs. I'd also love to know why the faithful get confused regarding the distaste that others have for their insistence that their unfounded superstions are as valid as theories that are validated by evidence; that the faithful's beliefs in unfounded superstitions should be given the same respect as beliefs founded in evidence.

I'd like to know why believers have to insist that their beliefs are universal and that everyone else's beliefs are false? In order to make that assertion, they have to cough up some proof (that is, if you want anyone to take the assertion seriously) and as we all know, they cannot. The BEST they can do is say "this is what I believe" and that works for many believers who respect the rights of others to believe differently. There are some believers, however, who can't accept sharing the spotlight so they demand that their beliefs are universal fact.

It's nice to see you can be half way reasonable... at least when talking in vague generalities. I, and many believers don't care if you believe or not, the people you seem to have the problem with are a tiny percentage, but everytime you post, at least in response to me, you act like we're all poised outside of abortion clinics with sniper rifles, which is really not the case. In fact, if you've read any of my posts beyond the one's on religion and spirituality I'm in favor of a woman's right to choose. Yet it seems you try to paint me as a religious wacko everytime we bump heads.

I'm really happy that you don't care if anyone else believes in your God.

I haven't seen any tangible evidence or mountains of truth which has disproved a single utterance in the bible.
Well, now you're just lying--it was clearly presented to you that the Bible is entirely wrong about rabbits being ruminants.

Including cud-eating rabbits. Just because you're too stupid to understand that cud is cud whether it's coming from the front or the end isn't the Bible's problem. They eat little pellets they've already disgested.
Stupid is the inability to distinguish cud from butt-nuggets--stupidity or intellectual dishonesty.

In fact everything I've learned about genetcs brings me even closer to believing God has created it. If you had studied genetics even on an amateur label, you wouldn't be so quick to dismiss out of hand the possiblity and probability of one ultimate creator.
I have made ZERO dismissals regarding the possiblity and probability of one ultimate creator. I'm just dismissing your superstitious notions of one ultimate creator.

Cud is cud. It's partially digested food that they eat again. Stupidity is the complete ignorance you appear to have where animals are concerned,though apparently you are hinging your whole "THE BIBLE IS INACCURATE AND THEREFORE OBSOLETE" mantra on.

It's also hilarious that my belief in one creator is "superstitutious" while your own theory that there are a series of creators is unquestionable...from a scientific point, that is.

I haven't seen any tangible evidence or mountains of truth which has disproved a single utterance in the bible.
Well, now you're just lying--it was clearly presented to you that the Bible is entirely wrong about rabbits being ruminants.

Stupid is the inability to distinguish cud from butt-nuggets--stupidity or intellectual dishonesty.

In fact everything I've learned about genetcs brings me even closer to believing God has created it. If you had studied genetics even on an amateur label, you wouldn't be so quick to dismiss out of hand the possiblity and probability of one ultimate creator.
I have made ZERO dismissals regarding the possiblity and probability of one ultimate creator. I'm just dismissing your superstitious notions of one ultimate creator.

Cud is cud. It's partially digested food that they eat again. Stupidity is the complete ignorance you appear to have where animals are concerned,though apparently you are hinging your whole "THE BIBLE IS INACCURATE AND THEREFORE OBSOLETE" mantra on.

It's also hilarious that my belief in one creator is "superstitutious" while your own theory that there are a series of creators is unquestionable...from a scientific point, that is.

Cud is cud, and crud is crud.

It doesn't matter to most of us whether the bible is accurate or inaccurate. If we don't believe in your God then it's not like God is obsolete. You've created God, and believe in God so God obviously has some purpose in your life.

I don't believe in a 'creator god'.

When I meet Christian mystics we share the same understanding of what God is.

Fundamentalists? Bible thumpers? No. Mystics? Ahhh......

It's nice to see you can be half way reasonable... at least when talking in vague generalities. I, and many believers don't care if you believe or not, the people you seem to have the problem with are a tiny percentage, but everytime you post, at least in response to me, you act like we're all poised outside of abortion clinics with sniper rifles, which is really not the case. In fact, if you've read any of my posts beyond the one's on religion and spirituality I'm in favor of a woman's right to choose. Yet it seems you try to paint me as a religious wacko everytime we bump heads.

Why would I?

Personally, I think there is only 1 God with many paths leading to truth, but I don't cre if anyone believes it or not... it doesn't change anything if you do or don't, except on a personal level. I think it would be wonderful if everyone could feel God's love, but sadly it seems many can't... but I can't let that be my problem. And no one else should either.

It's nice to see you can be half way reasonable... at least when talking in vague generalities. I, and many believers don't care if you believe or not, the people you seem to have the problem with are a tiny percentage, but everytime you post, at least in response to me, you act like we're all poised outside of abortion clinics with sniper rifles, which is really not the case.

That is NOT how I feel about believers. Maybe that is your interpretation but then again it is your interpretations that seem to get you into trouble.

In fact, if you've read any of my posts beyond the one's on religion and spirituality I'm in favor of a woman's right to choose. Yet it seems you try to paint me as a religious wacko everytime we bump heads.

It seems that way to you but that is not the case. The problem I have with your posts is that when I challenge you on a comment you've made, you respond by twisting it into something I never said and then it all goes to hell from there.

:lol:

It doesn't matter to most of us whether the bible is accurate or inaccurate. If we don't believe in your God then it's not like God is obsolete. You've created God, and believe in God so God obviously has some purpose in your life.

Regardless of what you believe, it won't matter in the end, because your belief is inaccurate and wrong.

Regardless of what you believe, it won't matter in the end, because your belief is inaccurate and wrong.

Given the limitations of mankinds intellectual abilities, I think that applies to all religions and myth systems.

No, there's still a right and a wrong answer. Just because you don't understand it doesn't mean it isn't true, in other words.

it is worth to remember that no philosophical tenet of the absolute (first to the best of my memory appeared in India in Upanishad), nor the so called mysticism which is her religious version, did not appear himself, if first a lot earlier would not come into being the monotheism, created by Amenhotep IV

this form of the religion came into being as result of mental disorders caused by Marfan syndrome on which suffered this Pharaoh, and was with difficulty intelligible for contemporary people accustomed to the polytheism

the idea of the absolute is only a prolongation of this abnormal theory, and it is in every version, independently from of this whether it will be brahmanism, platonism, neopythagoreanism, hegelianism etc.

Last edited:

Why would I?

Personally, I think there is only 1 God with many paths leading to truth, but I don't cre if anyone believes it or not... it doesn't change anything if you do or don't, except on a personal level. I think it would be wonderful if everyone could feel God's love, but sadly it seems many can't... but I can't let that be my problem. And no one else should either.

I find it very sad that you'll never know the overwhelming feeling of love when embraced by the Flying Spaghetti Monster's noodly appendages. You'll never feel it because you're unable to see him. So sad for you.

Cud is cud.
And feces is feces, and cud is not feces, and feces is not cud, and rabbits eat their feces--rabbits do not chew their cud.

It's partially digested food that they eat again.
Rabbits still don't chew cud. Cud is distincly different than feces, and rumination (chewing cud--which rabbits do not do) remains distinct from refection (eating feces--which rabbits do).

Stupidity is the complete ignorance you appear to have where animals are concerned, . . .
I'm not quite so ignorant that I'd confuse feces and cud . . .

But let's just pretend for the moment that cud and feces are the same thing . . . here's another thing that Bible is just wrong about: rabbits don't chew their feces either--they swallow those butt-nuggets whole.

You'd be better off not accusing me of ignorance regarding animals until you get informed about them yourself--preferably from a source more reliable that the Bible.

. . . though apparently you are hinging your whole "THE BIBLE IS INACCURATE AND THEREFORE OBSOLETE" mantra on.
And you're hinging your entire "THE BIBLE IS INFALLIBLY ACCURATE AND THEREFORE PEFECTLY AUTHORITATIVE" on the patent denial of the obvious fact that that the Bible is clearly wrong on this, and a number of other accounts.

EDIT: Though I am pointing out inaccuracies in the Bible, I haven't even suggested that the Bible is obsolete.

It's also hilarious that my belief in one creator is "superstitutious" . . .
I am certain I'm using the term correctly. I doubt you have the intellectual integrity to demonstrate to me that I'm not.

. . . while your own theory that there are a series of creators is unquestionable...from a scientific point, that is.
I think it's hilarious that consistent with your make-believe paradigm for creation theories, you've made up a theory for me (that there are a series of creators) and then assert (for me) that I think that theory is unquestionable.

Tell you what cupcake, why don't you just explain to me, and everyone else here, exactly what my theory of creation really is, and put your bullshit accusation regarding it's unquestionability to the test?

I predict, here and now, that out of your intellectual cowardice, and lack of integrity, you will refuse to do so. I further predict that (consistent with the blind arrogance the faithful have in their certainties) you will continue to insist that your assertions are valid based SOLEY upon your capacity to insist that they are, and nothing else.

Last edited:
Diet and eating habits

Rabbits are herbivores who feed by grazing on grass, forbs, and leafy weeds. In consequence, their diet contains large amounts of cellulose, which is hard to digest. Rabbits solve this problem by passing two distinct types of feces: hard droppings and soft black viscous pellets, the latter of which are immediately eaten. Rabbits reingest their own droppings (rather than chewing the cud as do cows and many other herbivores) to digest their food further and extract sufficient nutrients.[3]

Rabbits graze heavily and rapidly for roughly the first half hour of a grazing period (usually in the late afternoon), followed by about half an hour of more selective feeding. In this time, the rabbit will also excrete many hard fecal pellets, being waste pellets that will not be reingested. If the environment is relatively non-threatening, the rabbit will remain outdoors for many hours, grazing at intervals. While out of the burrow, the rabbit will occasionally reingest its soft, partially digested pellets; this is rarely observed, since the pellets are reingested as they are produced. Reingestion is most common within the burrow between 8 o'clock in the morning and 5 o'clock in the evening, being carried out intermittently within that period.

Rabbit - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Loki is right........rabbits do not chew their cud.

Given the limitations of mankinds intellectual abilities, I think that applies to all religions and myth systems.

Given the limitations of mankinds intellecutal abilities, you still put all of your 'faith' in the science that he has created, that it explains everything? I don't see how the flip side of the coin is any different than religion.

What is God? I lthink that God is the name of all the things one can not explain about the world and life

Given the limitations of mankinds intellecutal abilities, you still put all of your 'faith' in the science that he has created, that it explains everything? I don't see how the flip side of the coin is any different than religion.

Science doesn't require faith.

You're right.........science requires BELIEF, which is the starting point of faith. If a scientist believes that something is possible, eventually, it will be real.

After he creates or discovers something? Then.......it's all in faith.

A friend of mine once taught me that. He stated that when I see a commercial for laundry soap that promises to get my clothes cleaner than the others, I've got to believe them first, and then see it for myself.

When I'm shown that I made the right choice? Belief is no longer required, as now I have proof. From then on, I have faith in that detergent to get my clothes clean.

Faith is the end product of belief. Many scientists have faith in their work, and that they will eventually cure things, as well as invent newer and better stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back