What Is It You Think You Can't Do Because of Political Correctness?

There has been a lot of discussion about "Political Correctness" recently so I'd like to know what it is that you all feel political correctness is preventing you from doing. It has even been suggested that Political Correctness had done more harm than bigotry itself.

Somebody please explain how PC is "ruining our society" and what you think you can't do because of it.

Ask Paula Deen. She couldn't be honest about something she did decades ago without facing persecution from the PC crowd. Ask the Duck Dynasty guy, who was suspended because A&E felt the PC pressure.

Worst, look at our national security. We can't secure our borders because it's political incorrect to want it. We don't target likely terrorist suspects (young Muslim men) because it's politically incorrect to be leery of them.

Neighborhoods are often banned from flying the American flag or yellow ribbons for their service member because it's politically incorrect.

The left has ginned up enough anger so that people freak out over nothing and the accusations fly. Disagree with Obama and you're automatically called racist. Disagree with Maddow and you're a homophobe. Recently, guys who believe in Jesus were said to be homoerotic by some leftie puke.

The zero tolerance in school is PC bullshit and we have little children suspended for innocent things just because the leftie narrative says kids should fear all guns, even toy, paper and pretend guns.

The list goes on. It's about not being able to fly the flag, speak out or disagree with the left or you are impugned, lose your job or fined for breaking some rule.

Think what you want and let others think what they want. And stop being so overly sensitive and offended at every little thing.

Palin was criticized for having a Christmas tree and the MSNBC idiots said she was a hypocrite for doing that. They found some quote in the bible and misinterpreted it to say it's hypocritical to decorate your house. I've never heard anything so idiotic. They aimed the insult at Palin, but in reality they insulted half the country.

Why can't the left ever live and let live instead of insisting that everyone act the way they want them to?

It's highly irritating and just another source of stress in an already stressful world.

Dean-Phil-Palin are all irrelevant bullshit. Those people had their opinions and the public reacted accordingly to those opinions. Again you want to be able to say what you want without being yelled at like the child you are.

The zero tolerance in school is PC bullshit and we have little children suspended for innocent things just because the leftie narrative says kids should fear all guns, even toy, paper and pretend guns.

This is sort of true. The gun part is not. The reason behind zero tolerance is because we have become a nation that sues people over the littlest thing, looking for a payday. Therefore you see all these stories out there about people being suspended over really stupid things. Again this is our own fault, not some left vs right thing you think it might be.

The left has ginned up enough anger so that people freak out over nothing and the accusations fly. Disagree with Obama and you're automatically called racist. Disagree with Maddow and you're a homophobe. Recently, guys who believe in Jesus were said to be homoerotic by some leftie puke.

and take issue with someone like Palin and you are called a sexist. Both sides do it. your partisanship only can see one side of it.
Worst, look at our national security. We can't secure our borders because it's political incorrect to want it. We don't target likely terrorist suspects (young Muslim men) because it's politically incorrect to be leery of them.

no.

The list goes on. It's about not being able to fly the flag, speak out or disagree with the left or you are impugned, lose your job or fined for breaking some rule.

nope. The list doesnt go n because you are basically making things up that are in your head as to what is going on.

Well, for one thing racial candor does not exist because of PC.

Are you going to try and support this claim?

I'll give you an example. Jessie Jackson claimed there is war on black people in America, right? The context was during the whole Zimmerman fiasco...Remember? Well, in polite society I can't counter his claim by saying the empirical data shows it is in fact blacks that have done the majority of the killing in terms of interracial killing. We can say it on the internet, but this isn't exactly polite society, which is why I like this place :).

Your example......is odd.

Someone could definitely say that in polite society. I expect that I could find clips of that or something very similar. The issue would then move to cause and effect. Are you prepared to have an honest discussion of the causes behind interracial killing? Can you?

I have never felt intimidated nor inhibited from candidly discussing race in real life. Have you?

Last edited:
There has been a lot of discussion about "Political Correctness" recently so I'd like to know what it is that you all feel political correctness is preventing you from doing. It has even been suggested that Political Correctness had done more harm than bigotry itself.

Somebody please explain how PC is "ruining our society" and what you think you can't do because of it.

A simple example, even though I wouldn't do it.

If you didnt want to associate with me and my girlfriend because we are a heterosexual couple, no one would call you on it. You are on the "right" side of the PC line, and I am not. If, because of my religous upbrining (theoretical) I did not want to associate with you and your partner, I would be castigated as being on the "wrong" side of the PC line.

In my case I cannot espouse my political views in public as much as I would want to, because as a resident of NYC I am surrounded by intolerant progressive assholes, who think thier shit does not stink, thier opinions are the only ones that matter, and that anyone who goes against the group think should be derided, cast out, and shunned. Plus they should probably lose thier jobs because, well, "hate."

Given the amount of batshit crazy you spew here, it's probably a good thing you feel you can't talk openly with your neighbors.

Americans haven't addressed any real problems because you've all been trifling over nonsense like gay marriage and voter fraud. Remember how Colin Powell lied the country into a war that was specifically designed by the CIA to never end? Where was all of the Republican "personal responsibility" then? No WMD in Iraq, remember? There was no justification for the invasion. Hence, illegal war. Where is the GOP chanting "personal responsibility" for the Bush administration's treason?

When were the "good ol' days" that Republicans want to go back to? The Vietnam era? Korea? WWII? When was America so great? When the US Federal government was recruiting Nazi rocket scientists to build new weapons for the Cold War? Was America great during Reagan's Iran-Contra days when the US was selling weapons to both Iraq and Iran, and training terrorists like bin Laden in Afghanistan? When were the "good ol' days" exactly?

Voter fraud is not nonsense. It is an issue that needs to be addressed before it becomes pervasive.
As for the rest of your post.....You are a hater.
There are about 190 other countries to choose from. Pack your bags and get the fuck out.

I'll give you an example. Jessie Jackson claimed there is war on black people in America, right? The context was during the whole Zimmerman fiasco...Remember? Well, in polite society I can't counter his claim by saying the empirical data shows it is in fact blacks that have done the majority of the killing in terms of interracial killing. We can say it on the internet, but this isn't exactly polite society, which is why I like this place :).

Someone could definitely say that in polite society. I expect that I could find clips of that or something very similar. The issue would then move to cause and effect. Are you prepared to have an honest discussion of the causes behind interracial killing? Can you?

I have never felt intimidated nor inhibited from candidly discussing race in real life. Have you?
The causes of interracial killing?
Huh?

I'm always prepared to have an honest discussion about race when on the net. In the real world? Not so much. That's because I feel the other side can't handle my views and I chose to avoid any problems that may arise.

I went to a predominantly black high school. There are plenty of times where I had to bite my tongue.

The causes of interracial killing?
Huh?
Whitey's fault.

It prevents you from having open honest and frank discussions about controversial topics if you oppose gay marriage your a homophob you want secure borders your anti Hispanic on the flip side if you support the right to choose your a baby killer or oppose certain anti programs your anti American. Finally here is something just to consider a show that is considered one of the best sitcoms of all time All in the family could not get on a non cable network of today's P.C. world.

Wrong.

Open and honest discussions are absolutely not prevented. That is a load of crap....one that many here seem to be saddled with.
Yer kidding right?
The left prevents open discussions when the problems involve any one of the many PC protected classes..
Watch this..
Ok, let's discuss the 70% illegitimacy rate among black people.
Nope...Can't do that....Racist
Let's discuss the topic of financial irresponsibility on the part of so called 'poor people'.
Nope can't do that...Poor people are ALL victims of those who despise wasteful government spending on exponentially growing social programs.
Controlling our borders? Nope. Can't talk about that....The illegals are Latinos. The newest PC Protected class.

You don't have to bother responding. I have no interest in lib rhetoric and talking points.

It prevents you from having open honest and frank discussions about controversial topics if you oppose gay marriage your a homophob you want secure borders your anti Hispanic on the flip side if you support the right to choose your a baby killer or oppose certain anti programs your anti American. Finally here is something just to consider a show that is considered one of the best sitcoms of all time All in the family could not get on a non cable network of today's P.C. world.

Wrong.

Open and honest discussions are absolutely not prevented. That is a load of crap....one that many here seem to be saddled with.
When people get labeled in the ways I described which they do that prevents honest debate to deny that is to deny reality.

All In The Family could absolutely get on TV. Whether or not it could get on network TV is only in question due to the CONSERVATIVE nature of the FCC. Fortunately, we have cable...so it is not a question. I watched an episode of All In The Family last week. Cool, huh?

By Ken Levine: What you can and can't say on television

Side question.....are you one of the All In The Family fans who don't grasp the fact that the entire show was an exercise in mocking conservatives?
I believe I stated very clearly that it would likely only get on a cable network today I'm fully aware All in the family mocked conservatives through the Archie Bunker character of course it also mocked liberals through the Michael meat head Stivic character which I suspect you probably know but choose to leave out.

All In The Family could absolutely get on TV. Whether or not it could get on network TV is only in question due to the CONSERVATIVE nature of the FCC. Fortunately, we have cable...so it is not a question. I watched an episode of All In The Family last week. Cool, huh?

Side question.....are you one of the All In The Family fans who don't grasp the fact that the entire show was an exercise in mocking conservatives?
I believe I stated very clearly that it would likely only get on a cable network today I'm fully aware All in the family mocked conservatives through the Archie Bunker character of course it also mocked liberals through the Michael meat head Stivic character which I suspect you probably know but choose to leave out.

I chose no such thing. Michaels character served as an instructor to Archie's character.

Wrong.

When people get labeled in the ways I described which they do that prevents honest debate to deny that is to deny reality.

Bull. Why are you afraid of being labeled?

I'm always prepared to have an honest discussion about race when on the net. In the real world? Not so much. That's because I feel the other side can't handle my views and I chose to avoid any problems that may arise.

I went to a predominantly black high school. There are plenty of times where I had to bite my tongue.

The other side cannot handle your views? Why is that? Can't you express them without being an asshole?

Can't call a fag a fag, it's derogatory.
Can't call a queer a queer, it's derogatory.
Can't call a homo a homo, it's derogatory.
Can't tell a gay their acting gay, it's derogatory.
Can't call'em fairies, that's derogatory.
Can't call a queen a queen, that's derogatory.
Can't call a limp wrist a limp wrist, that's derogatory.
So virtually every way to address a so called gay is considered derogatory and I'm sure I missed a bunch, but I'm sure I'll be called a bigot just for pointing it out.

You can't call a Jew a ****
You can't call a Mexican a Wetback
You can't call an African American the N word
You can't call an Asian a Chink
You can't call someone of Middle Eastern descent a Towel Head

Of course, you CAN say all of these things, you just have to suffer the consequences of your actions.

I have said those things and never suffered any "consequences"...

Wrong.

Yer kidding right?
The left prevents open discussions when the problems involve any one of the many PC protected classes..
Watch this..
Let's discuss the topic of financial irresponsibility on the part of so called 'poor people'.
Nope can't do that...Poor people are ALL victims of those who despise wasteful government spending on exponentially growing social programs.
Controlling our borders? Nope. Can't talk about that....The illegals are Latinos. The newest PC Protected class.

You don't have to bother responding. I have no interest in lib rhetoric and talking points.

Lets discuss the 70% iligitimacy rate among black people.

State your case.

Wrong.

Yer kidding right?
Watch this..

Lets discuss the 70% iligitimacy rate among black people.

State your case.

My case is I don't care about them, it shouldn't be my business to care, and government policy should reflect that in not paying the way for that 70%.

I chose no such thing. Michaels character served as an instructor to Archie's character.
No he didn't he was simply the liberal equivalent to Archie that was what made the show great the two being so politically different yet both being so sure they were right about everything and neither being able to see how alike they were in that. But if you want to believe your pro liberal version of the show be my guest.

I cannot represent my views in an official capacity while working for my company. Thats not hardly impractical or unreasonable, either.

Other than that, nothing.

Wrong.

Bull. Why are you afraid of being labeled?

Because no one likes having their character attacked for simply have a view another does not agree with if does not matter if your falsely accused of being racist or of being thief your not going to want anything to do with the person who does that to you.

Forum List

Back