What Is It You Think You Can't Do Because of Political Correctness?

When people get labeled in the ways I described which they do that prevents honest debate to deny that is to deny reality.

Bull. Why are you afraid of being labeled?

Because no one likes having their character attacked for simply have a view another does not agree with if does not matter if your falsely accused of being racist or of being thief your not going to want anything to do with the person who does that to you.

If you are falsely accused.....stand up for yourself and set the record straight. Simple.

Because no one likes having their character attacked for simply have a view another does not agree with if does not matter if your falsely accused of being racist or of being thief your not going to want anything to do with the person who does that to you.

If you are falsely accused.....stand up for yourself and set the record straight. Simple.

Apparently you think it matters to the left whether you are falsely accused.

Setting the record straight rarely matters after you have been falsely accused people promote and highlight the false accusation never the fact your cleared of it. As Raymond Donovan asked which office do I go to get my reputation back?

Americans haven't addressed any real problems because you've all been trifling over nonsense like gay marriage and voter fraud. Remember how Colin Powell lied the country into a war that was specifically designed by the CIA to never end? Where was all of the Republican "personal responsibility" then? No WMD in Iraq, remember? There was no justification for the invasion. Hence, illegal war. Where is the GOP chanting "personal responsibility" for the Bush administration's treason?

When were the "good ol' days" that Republicans want to go back to? The Vietnam era? Korea? WWII? When was America so great? When the US Federal government was recruiting Nazi rocket scientists to build new weapons for the Cold War? Was America great during Reagan's Iran-Contra days when the US was selling weapons to both Iraq and Iran, and training terrorists like bin Laden in Afghanistan? When were the "good ol' days" exactly?

Forget it, most Americans do not want to face the truth.

No, really. When were the good old days? When wife-beating was legal? When children could be maimed in factories and mine shafts? When cops could openly release attack dogs on little black kids who wanted to drink from a certain water fountain? When white male landowners were the only ones who could vote?

When exactly were the good old days? If Republicans can't answer that very simple question, then why do they keep talking about the "good ol' days"?

Start a thread on that and we'll discuss it.

That's not what this thread is about.

Deflection.

Where is it written in the constitution or the statutes of the USA that no citizen is allowed to offend another citizen with words?

It does not need to be written down to be proper behavior.

True, but you want the government to decide what is offensive and to punish anyone who says something that the government deems offensive.

This is not about manners or culture-------its about the government dictating what speech is permitted and what speech is not allowed.

No chance of that in Sweden. The entire media, except for a few blogs, is in the hands of the ultra-PC elite. So not "simple" at all.

Be glad Americans that you still have, at least, diverse broadcast media.

No chance of that in Sweden. The entire media, except for a few blogs, is in the hands of the ultra-PC elite. So not "simple" at all.

Be glad Americans that you still have, at least, diverse broadcast media.

thanks for that post. Whats really scary is that a large % of americans seem to want a government controlled media that will only allow one side to be heard.

Liberals want to quash all other opinions because they know that if all sides are given equal time, liberalism always loses.

Where is it written in the constitution or the statutes of the USA that no citizen is allowed to offend another citizen with words?

True, but you want the government to decide what is offensive and to punish anyone who says something that the government deems offensive.

This is not about manners or culture-------its about the government dictating what speech is permitted and what speech is not allowed.

No it isn't. The government isn't involved at all Drama Queen. It's society and the free market that decides...as it should.

No it isn't. The government isn't involved at all Drama Queen. It's society and the free market that decides...as it should.

Not yet it isn't. Thats what they said in Russia, China and North Korea as the statists and marxists took over.

You, of all people, should have a problem when free speech is demonized.

Not yet it isn't. Thats what they said in Russia, China and North Korea as the statists and marxists took over.

Drama Queen.

Drama Queen.

Ignore reality if you like. I choose to deal with reality. Do you really think that obama and his minions would not love a state controlled media? or, for that matter, that the GOP would not love a state controlled media when they are in power?

A one sided media is a very dangerous political tool. Can you say Pravda?

Drama Queen.

Ignore reality if you like. I choose to deal with reality. Do you really think that obama and his minions would not love a state controlled media? or, for that matter, that the GOP would not love a state controlled media when they are in power?

Let's not be silly.

this isn't about surpressing political viewpoints.

It's about people calling out an ignorant person on his ignorant views.

Now, the charm of Duck Dynasty is that Phil plays an ignorant redneck, but the guy has a masters in education. He's smart enough to know what he is saying is wrong and dumb and mean-spirited, but he said it anyway.

Drama Queen.

Let's not be silly.

this isn't about surpressing political viewpoints.

It's about people calling out an ignorant person on his ignorant views.

Now, the charm of Duck Dynasty is that Phil plays an ignorant redneck, but the guy has a masters in education. He's smart enough to know what he is saying is wrong and dumb and mean-spirited, but he said it anyway.

sure it is about suppressing certain political and religious viewpoints. Phil does not play an "ignorant red neck". he plays who he is, an educated, self sufficient, hard working, family oriented, successful, religious person.

The kind of person the liberals must hate because he contradicts all of their failed ideas of how society should work.

Expressing Bibilcal teachings is not mean spirited. Its what the founders did when they wrote our founding documents.

YOU and your kind are the ones who are out of the norm.

I can't use an electronic cigarette that emits only water vapor in a public building in NYC because I would "appear" to be smoking and that might confuse the Bloombergs of the city.

I can't say that Pajama boy looks a little fem!
I can't say Cris Hayes from MSNBC looks a little light in the loafers.
I can't say how pretty some lady in an office looks.
I can't say atta boy to a person of color if they did a good job at work.
I can't say Chicago style politics anymore.
I can't say Hey baybee when meeting a good looking girl for the first time....

Who does the government punish for not being politically correct?

Forum List

Back