What Is It You Think You Can't Do Because of Political Correctness?

Where is it written in the constitution or the statutes of the USA that no citizen is allowed to offend another citizen with words?

That is covered in the First Amendment

What is not covered is that there can be no consequences for offensive speech

There is no right to "not be offended".
Freedom of speech must apply to all. Get it?
The right to free speech is not absolute.
A point you libs conveniently miss when it is your statements that are scrutinized.

Where is it written in the constitution or the statutes of the USA that no citizen is allowed to offend another citizen with words?

A point you libs conveniently miss when it is your statements that are scrutinized.

The PC Police have every right to pretend to be "offended".

The PC Police have every right to scream "racist" if anyone dares to criticize Obama.

The PC Police have every right to threaten people's livelihood just for speaking their mind.

The PC Police have every right to shout people down when they try to speak.

The PC Police have every right to perpetrate the soft bigotry of reduced expectations.

The PC Police have every right to deny doing all of the above.

The PC Police have every right to deny that PC even exists, which is great fun for me.

The PC Police have every right to refuse to participate in free, open, honest, constructive communication about how this country can solve its significant and growing problems. I just wish they wouldn't.

I hope that's clear enough.

Last edited:
Dear conservative white people, You can't say the n-word. Blacks can. Get over it.
Yeah sure..
What's your point?
17 pages and you decide to jump in with this?
Thanks. You have a firm grasp on the obvious.
BTW, You don't make the rules. Remember that.

please quote the language that says that no one is to be offended by someone else's words.

consequences, yes. but not by the government.

There has been a lot of discussion about "Political Correctness" recently so I'd like to know what it is that you all feel political correctness is preventing you from doing. It has even been suggested that Political Correctness had done more harm than bigotry itself.

Somebody please explain how PC is "ruining our society" and what you think you can't do because of it.

It comes as no surprise, of course, that no one has been able to respond to this, given the fact there’s no such thing as ‘political correctness.’

Provided it’s legal and not subject to reasonable prior restraint, one is at liberty to say what he wishes.

What is occurring is private American society has long grown weary of the hate and ignorance exhibited by many conservatives, with regard to LGBT Americans, African-Americans, Hispanic Americans, and the immigration community, among others. Frustrated by this warranted and appropriate rebuke, conservatives contrived the myth of ‘political correctness’ in an effort to deflect attention from their hate and ignorance and fabricate a false narrative of an ‘intolerant liberal society’ seeking to ‘silence’ the opposition.

Nothing could be further from the truth.

Conservatives are simply going to have to accept the fact that although they’re at liberty to say what they wish, and exhibit their hate and ignorance of other members of American society, those maligned are not going to remain silent and intimidated by the ‘political correctness’ myth, they will speak out against that ignorance and hate in the context of private society, where private society will make the determination as to what constitutes appropriate speech, free from interference by the state or the courts.

This is the essence of a truly free and democratic society – it should be encouraged and celebrated, not feared and derided, as most conservatives are wont to do.

Where is it written that the government is allowed to punish people for exercising their rights as laid out by the constitution? Spineless cowards are granted no protection from the constitution, and everyone was given the rights to defend themselves. Cowards need the government to step in.

Can't call a fag a fag, it's derogatory.
Can't call a queer a queer, it's derogatory.
Can't call a homo a homo, it's derogatory.
Can't tell a gay their acting gay, it's derogatory.
Can't call'em fairies, that's derogatory.
Can't call a queen a queen, that's derogatory.
Can't call a limp wrist a limp wrist, that's derogatory.
So virtually every way to address a so called gay is considered derogatory and I'm sure I missed a bunch, but I'm sure I'll be called a bigot just for pointing it out.

Then how about the poor kid who goes hunting or shooting with his parents on the weekend, what happens if he should try to tell a friend at school. The PC Nazis would get their pound of flesh and the parents would probably get a visit from child protective services.

All this is just the tip of the ice berg, so come on lefties, let the hate flow.
Say what? You think kids can't talk about hunting with their friends?

You really do live in fear. It has got to be hard.

How many stories have been on this board about kids suspended from school who said the word gun, drew one, tore a piece of paper that resembled on or chewed a freaking pop tart that created the shape of one in others eyes? The PC Nazis are screwing with children, to condition them, worse than anyone in society. When ever you hear about a zero tolerance policy, it's automatically understood there is no common sense involved.

So virtually every way to address a so called gay is considered derogatory and I'm sure I missed a bunch, but I'm sure I'll be called a bigot just for pointing it out.

You can't call a Jew a ****
You can't call a Mexican a Wetback
You can't call an African American the N word
You can't call an Asian a Chink
You can't call someone of Middle Eastern descent a Towel Head

Of course, you CAN say all of these things, you just have to suffer the consequences of your actions.

What consequences, are you not going to talk to me? If you folks would make up your minds on what you want to be called and stick with it. Then don't use the banned words yourself to describe each other, if there are consequences for me using a word there should be consequences for you, that is part of the equality you seek.

The PC Police have every right to scream "racist" if anyone dares to criticize Obama.

The PC Police have every right to threaten people's livelihood just for speaking their mind.

The PC Police have every right to perpetrate the soft bigotry of reduced expectations.

The PC Police have every right to deny that PC even exists, which is great fun for me.

The PC Police have every right to refuse to participate in free, open, honest, constructive communication about how this country can solve its significant and growing problems. I just wish they wouldn't.

You beg for honest discussion. When are you going to start one? You know....without an accusatory statement of some kind? It would also help if you named names. Who among the USMB regulars is a member if the PC police? Who are you talking aout?

I wonder who or what made OKTexas into the person he has become? What can fill a person with such hate for others he has never met? Is he a bad seed? Is it the water in Texas? Is he scared he might be gay and needs to compensate?

Nope, just getting damned tired of watching my country turn into a cesspool. I've watched 3 generations being brought up with virtually no discipline and being taught that there is no such thing a personal responsibility, you can always blame someone else for you station in life. What has that gotten us, threatening 5 year old with a permanent record of sexual harassment and suspension for kissing a girls hand. Kids beating the crap out of teachers, police being involved in some of the most simple matters. Kids killing kids, higher drop out rates, more single mothers, more on welfare and fewer people working to support it all as we move to this great commie utopia you folks are fighting for. Yep it's different, but it's not better, there was no need to destroy the best country on earth to remedy the few problems we've addressed in that time.

Americans haven't addressed any real problems because you've all been trifling over nonsense like gay marriage and voter fraud. Remember how Colin Powell lied the country into a war that was specifically designed by the CIA to never end? Where was all of the Republican "personal responsibility" then? No WMD in Iraq, remember? There was no justification for the invasion. Hence, illegal war. Where is the GOP chanting "personal responsibility" for the Bush administration's treason?

When were the "good ol' days" that Republicans want to go back to? The Vietnam era? Korea? WWII? When was America so great? When the US Federal government was recruiting Nazi rocket scientists to build new weapons for the Cold War? Was America great during Reagan's Iran-Contra days when the US was selling weapons to both Iraq and Iran, and training terrorists like bin Laden in Afghanistan? When were the "good ol' days" exactly?

Americans haven't addressed any real problems because you've all been trifling over nonsense like gay marriage and voter fraud. Remember how Colin Powell lied the country into a war that was specifically designed by the CIA to never end? Where was all of the Republican "personal responsibility" then? No WMD in Iraq, remember? There was no justification for the invasion. Hence, illegal war. Where is the GOP chanting "personal responsibility" for the Bush administration's treason?

When were the "good ol' days" that Republicans want to go back to? The Vietnam era? Korea? WWII? When was America so great? When the US Federal government was recruiting Nazi rocket scientists to build new weapons for the Cold War? Was America great during Reagan's Iran-Contra days when the US was selling weapons to both Iraq and Iran, and training terrorists like bin Laden in Afghanistan? When were the "good ol' days" exactly?

Deflection.

No, really. When were the good old days? When wife-beating was legal? When children could be maimed in factories and mine shafts? When cops could openly release attack dogs on little black kids who wanted to drink from a certain water fountain? When white male landowners were the only ones who could vote?

When exactly were the good old days? If Republicans can't answer that very simple question, then why do they keep talking about the "good ol' days"?

No, really. When were the good old days? When wife-beating was legal? When children could be maimed in factories and mine shafts? When cops could openly release attack dogs on little black kids who wanted to drink from a certain water fountain? When white male landowners were the only ones who could vote?

When exactly were the good old days? If Republicans can't answer that very simple question, then why do they keep talking about the "good ol' days"?

Start a thread on that and we'll discuss it.

That's not what this thread is about.

Then how about the poor kid who goes hunting or shooting with his parents on the weekend, what happens if he should try to tell a friend at school. The PC Nazis would get their pound of flesh and the parents would probably get a visit from child protective services.

All this is just the tip of the ice berg, so come on lefties, let the hate flow.
Say what? You think kids can't talk about hunting with their friends?

You really do live in fear. It has got to be hard.

How many stories have been on this board about kids suspended from school who said the word gun, drew one, tore a piece of paper that resembled on or chewed a freaking pop tart that created the shape of one in others eyes? The PC Nazis are screwing with children, to condition them, worse than anyone in society. When ever you hear about a zero tolerance policy, it's automatically understood there is no common sense involved.

I don't know.....how many?

How many kids talk about hunting and or firearms in schools every day in America? Wanna bet that that number is larger?

Back to the OP. What and who is affected by PC? Freedom is affected when people are punished for expressing beliefs and ideas that are not approved by the government.

If blacks don't want to be callled *******, stop calling each other ******* and using word in rap music. If black women don't want to be called HOs, stop using the word in your everyday language.

only you libs refer to the good ole days. There was a lot wrong in our past, but you are mixing those wrongs with freedom of expression.

expressing Christian beliefs is not analogous to oppression of blacks.

Damn, you libs twist everything back to racism. But we get it, its all you have as an argument.

What Is It You Think You Can't Do Because of Political Correctness?

I can no longer call inconsiderate, offensive, in-your-face, self-absorbed black persons "fuckin' *******"...

have to now settle for "fuckin' assholes"...

'n then get my ass whipped just like before...

Last edited:

You beg for honest discussion. When are you going to start one? You know....without an accusatory statement of some kind? It would also help if you named names. Who among the USMB regulars is a member if the PC police? Who are you talking aout?

Good question.

And one that can’t be answered as there is no such thing as the ‘PC police,’ as is the case with ‘political correctness’ in general, it’s a contrived rightwing myth.

Good question.

And one that can’t be answered as there is no such thing as the ‘PC police,’ as is the case with ‘political correctness’ in general, it’s a contrived rightwing myth.

If not the PC police, who tried to kick Phil off of A&E? The entire hate crime legislation is nothing but PC bullshit.

sorry, dingleberry, but it does exist.

Forum List

Back