What Is It You Think You Can't Do Because of Political Correctness?

And dragons taste good

you have some really strange dreams. Too much time in the sweat lodge?

Kwanza is the creation of racist africans searching for some heritage and finding nothing. So they made one up. Its a joke, but if you like it, go right ahead and play along.

Hate to burst your bubble but christmas, easter, thanksgiving, mother's day, father's day, valentine's day and your birthday are "creations" that were "made up" in the search for "heritage" and meaning.

Get it?

But those are ok because they were made up by people with white skin. Come on man, learn the difference...geez

And dragons taste good

Kwanza is the creation of racist africans searching for some heritage and finding nothing. So they made one up. Its a joke, but if you like it, go right ahead and play along.

And Fairies create radiant heat

Highly likely since ALL matter above abs. zero generates radiant heat.. Doesn't endorse the existence of Fairies, but it busts your assertion that they DON'T radiate..

Nice demagoguing and that public flourishing of your dick is quite fitting.. Shake it all you need to.

An elected School Board IS the state. So is the Board of Regents at a Public University.. If you challenge their politically correct bullshit, your lawyer will be going up against lawyers working on the taxpayer dime. THAT is the State. Yyou will be challenging enbedded WRITTEN policies. Not the arbitrary whims of a few "overzealous individuals"..

Its no wonder youve screamed uncle and dont want to move on.. Because all you got is denial and a cause to defend.. Youre SCARED to allow thiis dicussion to expand, because you have no real defense for the other examples I wanted to cover...

I have denial and you have facts that you refuse to link because its a big secret.

Keep linking to the ACLU while claiming that orgs like the ACLU want to shut down free speech. It makes total sense to the wack a doodles who hate Obama no matter what.

I simply used the ACLU to cut off any whining about "sourcing".. Pretty smart eh?

Yes that was a great idea to link to an org that protects free speech and claim they want to destroy free speech.

Could have used a lot of Conservative or Libertarian advocacy groups fighting this madness. So get over that.

But you didnt. You linked a liberal org to show that they are protecting free speech when your entire point was that liberals want to destroy it. Excellent move on your part

Now how about we discuss how long it will take for the PC mechinery to eradicate Illegal Alien and Illegal Immigrant from the media and public policy. Wanna look at the players? Cant follow the game if you don't have a scorecard...

And WTF does Obama have to do with any of all this?? You OK?? Freezing your dick off yet --- hanging it out the winder?

Again you are trying to change the subject.

How are liberals trying to destroy free speech when you've shown they are actually at the fore front in protecting it?

And Fairies create radiant heat

Highly likely since ALL matter above abs. zero generates radiant heat.. Doesn't endorse the existence of Fairies, but it busts your assertion that they DON'T radiate..

Fairies arent matter dude:cuckoo:

See what trying to be a smartass gets you

And dragons taste good

Hate to burst your bubble but christmas, easter, thanksgiving, mother's day, father's day, valentine's day and your birthday are "creations" that were "made up" in the search for "heritage" and meaning.

Get it?

none of those are applicable to only one race-----------get it?

Works on the assumption that Muslims are a hive-mind, and not dozens of different nationalities and sects....

Right. I've lived and worked in 3 different Muslim countries. They do not march in lockstep. That's just ludicrous. Just today a Lebanese colleague was talking about how the mufti (Muslim legal expert who is empowered to give rulings on religious matters) in Saudi and the Mufti in Lebanon did not agree on a certain issue. They are separate countries. Just because the are Muslim, it does not mean they are all in agreement on everything. It is like America and France, or any two Christian countries: they might disagree on many things; that they are essentially the same religion does not mean all the people and all the leaders think in unison.

I spent a good portion of my career dealing with muslims in several arab countries. You are correct, they don't all think the same.----------------but, they will all support a muslim takeover of the non-believers in the west.

Try to tak a Bible into Saudi Arabia and hold Christian services-----------see how long you will keep your head. I personally know of a Phillipino who was beheaded in SAudi Arabia for reading the Bible to a group of people.

Islam, in general, has zero tolerance of any other religion or viewpoint.

This is absolutely wrong. Dealing with some Muslim people in business is not the same as living day in and day out with them in their countries and cultures, working with them every day at work as colleagues and clients, having them as friends who spend time in your home and you in theirs, going to their weddings and other family celebrations, etc. Also, Saudi is the extreme, possibly the most extreme Musim theocracy in the world. It is not the typical Muslim country. As well, only a very, very small pecentage of the world wide Muslim population live in the Middle Eastern countries. The vast majority of Muslims are not Middle Eastern, so if your experience is mostly in the Middle East, you have had very little experience of Muslims in general.

Islam is diverse as is Christianity: different countries, different cultures, different political systems, etc. People who are individuals. Some who are extremists, some who are fundamentalists, some who are devout but personal about it, some who are non-religious, etc. Exactly the same type of diversity as in Christianity, inclulding various sects. And most of all, billions who are not politically minded and do not want or value the idea of Islam being a political thing. They are not after world take over. That is just a stupid, ludicrous idea based on paranoia, hatred of Islam, stupidity and ignorance. As well, millions of Christians, Hindis, and those of other religions live in Muslim countries. I know in all the Muslim countries I have lived in, there are plenty of churches for Christians to worship in. There are also Jews living in Muslim countries. When I lived and worked in Turkey, one of my bosses, one of the company administrators was a Jew and lived quite comfortably there. There are Jews living in other Muslim countries as well. It depends on the country and culture. Not all Islamic countries are the same; they are all different. To think they all are intolerant of othe religions or ideas is stupid. To think they all think alike is the same as thinking all Christians think alike: something we know is absolutely not true.

Last edited:
I look at political correctness as the tendency of a particular ideology to label something as a detrimental mental condition with the sole intent of discrediting that viewpoint without ever having to debate the issue itself. It is a tactic which is used solely to discount, demean and dehumanize the viewpoint, thereby rendering it not even worthy of discussion. Political Correctness is in actuality NOT simply the 'civility' in discussing issues. It is the term used to describe a weapon.

Trent Lott is a prime example. As leader of the Senate, he attended Strom Thurmonds retirement party and said that Mississippi was proud to have voted for him as President and that this country would probably have been better off, had he won the office. Outrage! Racist! Trent Lott therefore obviously supports Jim Crow laws and the segregation policies of the early 50's! It couldn't be that the object of the gathering, Strom Thurmond at 90+ years of age, was retiring from the Senate and he wanted to say something nice? No, no. Trent Lott MUST resign and then must be KILLED, politically of course. Yet, when Harry Reid says that Barrack Obama is a good 'light-skinned' African-American and doesn't have a 'negro' dialect, except when he wants, then Harry is let off with a simple apology. Trent Lott? No apology will suffice, his offense was a conservative basically doing the same thing. Different punishment is therefore okay. Political Correctness in its true ugly form.

So much hyperbole here no wonder you're outraged! You think someone wanted to kill Lott for saying stuff. No worries little buddy. Calm your nerves NO ONE suggested Lott should be killed. Dont forget Lott HIMSELF apologized for what he said. I guess Lott is part of the PC police too! Or maybe this is politics? I dunno...

You didn't either read or comprehend what I wrote. I said they were screaming for him to be 'killed' politically, not actually. And yes, he did apologize. And just exactly what was he supposed to do? Reid apologized too but there was no outcry from the left for what Reid said.

Another example. Support for the federal Defense of Women act. An act initially meant to provide federal support for battered women. A righteous goal, to be sure. Republicans voted against it initially. Sexist, a continuance of the Republican war on women for sure! Uh, no. Attached to the bill were several billion dollars in pork barrel spending, one of which provided 45 million dollars for an airport in Nevada (surprise, Harry Ried's territory) that had all of about 30 customers - PER WEEK! Any attempt by Republicans to address the issue (refer to a press conference given by Senator Tom Coburn) is met with absolute laughable outrage. A bill, stripped of the pork and introduced to the House was labeled DOA by Harry (and that surprises us how?). For the republicans to even speak out against this bill (never mind the pork) was roundly criticized as just being 'mean.'

Republicans failed to get their message out and be clear WHY they oppose it. Must be the fault of the PC police...or politics? No PC Police are to blame!

"Failed to get their message out." Really? And how come they didn't? They held no less than FOUR press briefings for their actions, but they were not covered. I only knew of Coburn's because he is my senator and I saw it on his website. No, since their message was not in line with what was considered PC, their message was quashed.

Conservative women are routinely the target of political correctness gone beserk. Take Sarah Palin as a prime example. Political correctness is NEVER applied to her. Martin Bashir, Bill Maher and others are a testament to how disgusting comments can be. Yet, say something about Sandra Fluke (a ridiculous figure of the left), who wants everyone else to pay her $3,000 a year for birth control, and you are branded as basically evil.

Branded as evil by who? I mean all Limbaugh did was call her a slut. You're angry that Bashir talked bad about Palin but NOT angry that Limbaugh called fluke a whore. Because you're all about being fair:eusa_liar:

I'm angry because Bashir talked bad about Palin? And where do you get that? She is a public figure, she opens herself up to personal attacks. So does Fluke. I AM mad about the attacks on her 3 year-old child with Down's syndrome. Course, since she's conservative there is no righteous anger from the PC Police on the left.

There is only one way to combat political correctness. Ignore it, because it is NEVER applied to conservatives and their viewpoints. If it was about being 'nice' then it wouldn't be that bad. But it isn't and never has been. So you may continue with your faux outrage over things. That's what they make ignore buttons for.

Bill Maher talks about Palin and we all should cry about it but Limbaugh does the same to Fluke and you excuse it.

Do you not see what is happening here? Everything your side does has an excuse, everything liberals do is inexcusable. Why? Partisanship

You're absolutely right, partisanship of the highest order. As I said before, Maher talked about a child with Down's syndrome. Melissa Harris-Perry, or what ever her name is, does the same thing, attacking a family with a child that is different. Good Lord in Heaven, you don't see the difference between talking about a PUBLIC FIGURE and a child? No, I don't believe you do actually. That's why I ignore your outrage. That is why there is such a divide and it will only get larger. What's good for some are never good for all. :cuckoo:

Right. I've lived and worked in 3 different Muslim countries. They do not march in lockstep. That's just ludicrous. Just today a Lebanese colleague was talking about how the mufti (Muslim legal expert who is empowered to give rulings on religious matters) in Saudi and the Mufti in Lebanon did not agree on a certain issue. They are separate countries. Just because the are Muslim, it does not mean they are all in agreement on everything. It is like America and France, or any two Christian countries: they might disagree on many things; that they are essentially the same religion does not mean all the people and all the leaders think in unison.

I spent a good portion of my career dealing with muslims in several arab countries. You are correct, they don't all think the same.----------------but, they will all support a muslim takeover of the non-believers in the west.

Try to tak a Bible into Saudi Arabia and hold Christian services-----------see how long you will keep your head. I personally know of a Phillipino who was beheaded in SAudi Arabia for reading the Bible to a group of people.

This is absolutely wrong. Dealing with some Muslim people in business is not the same as living day in and day out with them in their countries and cultures, working with them every day at work as colleagues and clients, having them as friends who spend time in your home and you in theirs, going to their weddings and other family celebrations, etc. Also, Saudi is the extreme, possibly the most extreme Musim theocracy in the world. It is not the typical Muslim country. As well, only a very, very small pecentage of the world wide Muslim population live in the Middle Eastern countries. The vast majority of Muslims are not Middle Eastern, so if your experience is mostly in the Middle East, you have had very little experience of Muslims in general.

Spare me the lecture. I spent time in Bahrain, Kuwait, Saudi Arabia, Israel, UAE. I lived and worked with muslims for years. I have been to their homes, gone to many many dinners with them, spent time on ships with them, knew their families.

True, some are more extreme with their religion than others, but they all answer the call to prayer, observe Ramadan, and wash their feet per religious requirements.

Their religion comes first, before country or family. Islamic world domination is a common thread.

Get it?

Everyone can celebrate Kwanzaa idiot. Go get some Kente Cloth and join in.

I'm sure you have the same problem with Hanukkah. Or is that cool because its white?

Spare me the lecture. I spent time in Bahrain, Kuwait, Saudi Arabia, Israel, UAE. I lived and worked with muslims for years. I have been to their homes, gone to many many dinners with them, spent time on ships with them, knew their families.

True, some are more extreme with their religion than others, but they all answer the call to prayer, observe Ramadan, and wash their feet per religious requirements.

Their religion comes first, before country or family. Islamic world domination is a common thread.

No it isn't. You apparently hear what you want to hear. Interpret things the way you want to interpret them. The countries you have spent the time in are all Middle Eastern countries. Look it up. Only about 20% of all Muslims world wide live in the Middle East. There are something like 1.7 billion Muslims in the world. You have only dealt with a miniscule number of 20% of that 1.7 billion and are assuming all Muslims in the world are like the ones you've spoken to. I have worked in work places among hundreds of Muslims daily. I've been with, socially and professionally, many, many Muslim people who don't run off to pray several times a day. I've known and been very close to Muslims who are not religious, but most of all, the Muslims I have known are not political. They have no interest whatsoever in Islam taking over the world. As well, they have always shown total respect for Christianity and other religions and for the way of life in other countries and cultures.

I have also met and interacted with, while I was living in a Muslim countries, Westerners who are closed minded like you. They live among these people but never see anything but what they want to see, never hear anything but what they want to hear. They base their attitude and belief about Muslims on the isolated negative experiences they have of them. They remind me of my half brother who was a cop and said that he didn't like blacks because, as a cop, he saw a lot of bad behavior from them. The truth was, because I knew him growing up with him, that he had been a racist from the time he developed independent thought, and that his ideas about blacks were not formed from his being a cop, he just used that to try to lend support to the idea that his racism was based in some kind of truth. You obviously want to believe something about Muslims, something that is untrue to the point of abusurdity, and you are trying to say your personal experience proves it. All you show is that you are a close minded bigot looking for justification for your bigotry.

Last edited:

No it isn't. You apparently hear what you want to hear. Interpret things the way you want to interpret them. The countries you have spent the time in are all Middle Eastern countries. Look it up. Only about 20% of all Muslims world wide live in the Middle East. There are something like 1.7 billion Muslims in the world. You have only dealt with a miniscule number of 20% of that 1.7 billion and are assuming all Muslims in the world are like the ones you've spoken to. I have worked in work places among hundreds of Muslims daily. I've been with, socially and professionally, many, many Muslim people who don't run off to pray several times a day. I've known and been very close to Muslims who are not religious, but most of all, the Muslims I have known are not poltical. They have no interest whatsoever in Islam taking over the world. As well, they have always shown total respect for Christianity and other religions and for the way of life in other countries and cultures.

You are very naive. Naivte is very dangerous. I have also been to Indonesia, where there are a lot of muslims, what I said is correct.

you can choose to not believe it if you want, but you do so at your peril.

Get it?

Everyone can celebrate Kwanzaa idiot. Go get some Kente Cloth and join in.

I'm sure you have the same problem with Hanukkah. Or is that cool because its white?

Why would I want to celebrate a made up racist holiday?

So here's how the forces of PC conduct a purge..

NY Times Drops "Illegals," As Fox Continues To Cling To Slur | Blog | Media Matters for America
NY Times Drops "Illegals," As Fox Continues To Cling To Slur

New York Times executive editor Bill Keller, currently an op-ed columnist for the paper, answered readers who have repeatedly criticized him and the paper of record for their incessant use of derogatory term "illegals." Keller shared a handful of emails from readers, including from one who noted that the term "reduces human beings to a status label, and a morally loaded one at that."
After consulting the paper's style book, which advised Times journalists to use "illegal immigrant ... rather than the sinister-sounding illegal alien," Keller contacted the Times' "arbiter of style and taste" Phil Corbett who explained that " 'illegals' as a shorthand noun has an unnecessarily pejorative tone, and it is routinely used by the anti-immigration side." Corbett added: "I think it's wise to steer clear."

Keller concluded:

""""Well, vigilant readers, the good news is, you seem to have gotten the style book updated. And I'll resist that particular shorthand in the future.""""""

Just takes a couple of folks "feeling uncomfortable" to get phrases actually banned in the NY Times evidently... And the AP UPS THE ANTE with removing "illegal IMMIGRANTS".. A cascade of Political Correctness driven solely by the Leftist will to "do good" and not offend...

And the BEST PART??? ANYONE that DARES to continue the practice of using the disgraced offensive phrase (like Fox News) is now ""SLURRING"".. A virtual twofer right there my buds...

AP Drops "Illegal Immigrant" From Style Book - TalkLeft: The Politics Of Crime

It's about time. The Associated Press has dropped the term "illegal immigrant" from its stylebook. It explains:

The stylebook no longer sanctions the term “illegal immigrant” or the use of “illegal” to describe a person. Instead, it tells users that “illegal” should describe only an action, such as living in or immigrating to a country illegally.

Why did we make the change? The discussions on this topic have been wide-ranging and include many people from many walks of life. (Earlier, they led us to reject descriptions such as “undocumented,” despite ardent support from some quarters, because it is not precise. A person may have plenty of documents, just not the ones required for legal residence

I stopped linking to articles using the word “illegal” in describing a person years ago and urge others do the same. For every news item on immigration, there are ten publications reporting it. Link to one who uses an acceptable rather than deprecated term in their coverage

There it is... The PC machine operates much the same as flash mobs or knock-out games.. Spreads both up and down the chain simultaneously..

Last edited:
Things move pretty fast inside the PC Machine.. Try to keep up...

USA Today Drops 'Illegal Immigrant'

Another mainstream media outlet has dropped the term “illegal immigrant.”

USA Today said in a memo published by Romanesko Wednesday that it would no longer use the controversial term, following the steps of the Associated Press, which revised its style guide this month.

You probably have heard that the Associated Press recently changed its style on the term illegal immigrant. Starting tonight, USA TODAY is also changing its style. It is not exactly the same as AP’s, but the upshot is that we will no longer use the term illegal immigrant outside of direct quotes.
The news marks another victory for Latino media organizations and immigrant rights activists that have pressed the news media for years to drop the term “illegal immigrant,” which many Hispanics and immigrants find offensive because it criminalizes and stigmatizes people rather than their actions.

UC Berkeley Student Government Bans Term ?Illegal Immigrant?

The UC Berkeley student government has banned the term “illegal immigrant” from its discourse, deeming the phrase racist, offensive, unfair and derogatory.

In an unanimous vote, student senators passed a resolution that stated the word “illegal” is “racially charged,” “dehumanizes” people, and contributes to “punitive and discriminatory actions aimed primarily at immigrants and communities of color.”

The “resolution in support of drop the I-word campaign” was approved 18 to 0 with one abstention on Oct. 30, according to a copy of the meeting’s minutes obtained by The College Fix.

Its approval marks at least the second time this semester that a public university’s student government has voted to eradicate the phrase. UCLA passed a nearly identical measure in late August.

The resolution also calls for administrators and faculty to attend an “UndocuAlly training workshop.”

The lone abstention came from student Sen. Solomon Nwoche.

Nwoche said while he sympathized with the situation, he thinks the resolution does not accomplish anything substantial. He added he was disappointed in how a student who spoke against the resolution at an earlier meeting was treated by student senators, who laughed or had their backs turned when the lone protestor addressed the dais.

How cute and leftist is that? Laughing and turning their backs on anyone who's not into banning perfectly good descriptive phrases... Imagine the surprise on Joe SixPack's face when he gets accused of "slurring" a couple years from now and is told that NOBODY uses those phrases anymore... Silent and efficient censorship....

Last edited:

No it isn't. You apparently hear what you want to hear. Interpret things the way you want to interpret them. The countries you have spent the time in are all Middle Eastern countries. Look it up. Only about 20% of all Muslims world wide live in the Middle East. There are something like 1.7 billion Muslims in the world. You have only dealt with a miniscule number of 20% of that 1.7 billion and are assuming all Muslims in the world are like the ones you've spoken to. I have worked in work places among hundreds of Muslims daily. I've been with, socially and professionally, many, many Muslim people who don't run off to pray several times a day. I've known and been very close to Muslims who are not religious, but most of all, the Muslims I have known are not poltical. They have no interest whatsoever in Islam taking over the world. As well, they have always shown total respect for Christianity and other religions and for the way of life in other countries and cultures.

You are very naive. Naivte is very dangerous. I have also been to Indonesia, where there are a lot of muslims, what I said is correct.

I am not naive. You are a nut case. Thinking that there is some conspiracy among 1.7 billion people, that they are think the same and want the same thing, that being a Muslim means you think and act in lockstep with 1.7 billion other people? Only someone of mental incompetence would believe such an absurdity. Think about it. It is logically ridiculous. Even in the US, when it was a small country, the people, all or mostly all Christian, divided so much on slavery and other issues that they had a civil war and brother fought and killed brother over it. There is no way 1.7 BILLION people across the planet want the same thing, hold the same ideology about world domination. It is totally absurd.

I would like to be able to attend a men only English style gentleman's club where men can sip a fine scotch smoke cigars play billiards or cards.

But alas the PC pansies get their undies in a bunch about such things.

I think women should have the same option or any other group for that matter.

What's the big deal?

I am not naive. You are a nut case. Thinking that there is some conspiracy among 1.7 billion people, that they are think the same and want the same thing, that being a Muslim means you think and act in lockstep with 1.7 billion other people? Only someone of mental incompetence would believe such an absurdity. Think about it. It is logically ridiculous. Even in the US, when it was a small country, the people, all or mostly all Christian, divided so much on slavery and other issues that they had a civil war and brother fought and killed brother over it. There is no way 1.7 BILLION people across the planet want the same thing, hold the same ideology about world domination. It is totally absurd.

It's damn near impossible for secular forces in Moslem countries to EVER make an impact on policy or which terrorist orgs they encourage or support. LARGELY because ISLAM has the home field advantage. Not hard to suppress pro-western ideals and ideas when you REFUSE to educate women, punish blasphemy with death, and hate any countryman who is not in your tribe..

It's systemic, it IS dangerous, but in terms of the OP --- it is NOT offensive or biased to point these facts out..

As for your "consensus" argument for the 1.78Bill Moslems..... Only 30% supported our revolution.. Most Germans were not ardent Nazis, and you never NEED a majority to create a 21st Century Islamic Caliphate in the Middle East..

It's damn near impossible for secular forces in Moslem countries to EVER make an impact on policy or which terrorist orgs they encourage or support. LARGELY because ISLAM has the home field advantage. Not hard to suppress pro-western ideals and ideas when you REFUSE to educate women, punish blasphemy with death, and hate any countryman who is not in your tribe..

It's systemic, it IS dangerous, but in terms of the OP --- it is NOT offensive or biased to point these facts out..

As for your "consensus" argument for the 1.78Bill Moslems..... Only 30% supported our revolution.. Most Germans were not ardent Nazis, and you never NEED a majority to create a 21st Century Islamic Caliphate in the Middle East..

First, they don't refuse to educate women. The vast, vast majority of Muslim countries educate women as much as they educate men. The idea that women are not educated in Muslim countries is a myth. They do not punish blasphemy with death. In that instance, you are referring to Saudi, which may do it, and if so, is probably the only Muslim country that does. As far as not educating women, you are talking about the Taliban, which was the only Muslim dictatorship that refused to educate women. The idea that they hate people not in their tribe? What the fuck are you talking about? Something about tribal differences in Somalia or Africa? Things that have to do with culture and not religion. You are totally ignorant of Islam world wide. The idea that there is some kind of plan for Islam to take over the world is based in paranoia, ignorance, intellectual limitation, foolishness, hatred/bigotry of Islam, and just plain being a nutso. :cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo:

Forum List

Back